Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 07:44:01 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Model/Celebrity BodyShape Requests?  (Read 14299 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2006, 08:29:52 pm »

I think the DDD's might do the trick for you, Fred... or at least pretty darn close.  I'd love to see the finished product once I release those.  I believe they'll be the next set of tops I'll work on after the DD's, according to the poll results.

Wademilner-- true, she exists... but it would stretch the mesh so far and the clipping would be so bad, it wouldn't really work.  I may give something like it a shot though once the main part of the project is done, just for grins Cheesy
« Last Edit: April 26, 2006, 08:35:55 pm by Warlokk » Logged

Be sure to stop by Warlokk's Tower Workshop to see what's new!
Need help with the Bodyshape Sets? Bodyshape How-To Tutorial
acmer

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2006, 11:43:36 pm »

Just wondering: Is it possible to make the body parts smoother? It looks like there can be a limited amount of... vertices? Some programs accepted if a few vertices were combined somewhere else on the mesh and then add a few ones where you like.
Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2006, 12:20:22 am »

The Hi-res nudes will be a bit smoother in the curvier areas, such as the breasts and butt, as I've added quite a few vertices to those areas to allow better stretching.  However, a side-effect currently to the programs we can use to add verts, is the new meshes do not support bump maps.  Therefore, I have been using another method for clothing, which only allows me to stretch the existing meshes without adding any verts, but retains the bump map information, since many clothing textures are really enhanced by the bump mapping.  So basically yes it's possible, and I am doing so on the nudes, but not on the clothing.

acmer

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2006, 01:50:28 am »

Now I feel compelled to say: THANK YOU!

90% of the sims I've created are based on your meshes. It's really wonderful to create a few houses full of sims with varied bodily proportions and then go live in that neighborhood. Sometimes I just like to sit on a porch, watch the bypassers and say: "Hey babe, how're YOU doin'! ". But, a randomizer would be nice. Those sims tend to be made of the higher numbers :tongue5:

And as this appears to be a request thread: how about making some full sims that are models/celebrities in the adult business. Haven't found any yet, and I'm not really good in making the sims look like what I want them to.

More questions: The nipples seem to be glued to one place in the sims creation screen. When they lean to other side, or stretch up, their chest seems to do some freaky stuff. Is it just the creation screen or is it in-game too? And what makes it happen? (guess its not like a poser thing, where in a case like that the nipples would be locked and the magnet area was too small for the breasts)
Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2006, 02:14:52 am »

Unfortunately the randomizer will only use default outfits and skintones, not custom stuff... so the only way to give them the new meshes is to do it manually.  Annoying, I know...

I may do some custom body shapes like that once the initial set is complete... I've had a lot of suggestions and have a few in mind myself.

As for the nipple bit, I'm really not sure what you mean, I never noticed anything like that on the original set.  I know the new ones animate very well too, since I was able to use the newer tools to adjust the bone assignments for the new nipples.  If you can post some screenshots, I can maybe figure out what you're seeing.

acmer

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2006, 04:06:37 am »

Can't post screnshots right now. Maybe later when I get home. But when you are creating a sim and she does that little leaning to left, her left breast seems to flatten a lot. The right one still looks good but the left one is pretty weird looking. It even has a little coat-hanger in the tip. You need to rotate the sim a bit to notice it.

And just to make sure: could you post the link to your latest meshes. Just in case so that I have not missed anything.
acmer

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2006, 05:44:53 am »

Ehh... this should really be moved to some other thread, but since its here...

Browsed the posts and I remembered that I have Duddly's default replacements from Modthesims2. Cuold that be the problem?
Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2006, 08:48:29 am »

Yup Cheesy

Duddly's replacements will replace my replacements... he must have goofed on a bone assignment somewhere.  His will cause problems down the road though if you want to use my sets, since the 34B's use the defaults on mine, which are replaced by his.

acmer

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2006, 08:59:55 am »

I think I solved my problem. It appears the weird mesh is from spicysims. Never had time to wait for the popup, and since you make the bustiest meshes and your name appears there too I somehow thought you would know about the weirdness. Your 40etc meshes seemed to be fine.

Very sorry about that. :sad5:

And, I use only duddly's replacements. I like my simmies a bit bustier than normal, and so far it's been working like a charm. If I understand correctly, your replacements so far modify only the nude mesh to hi-res, and it keeps the default bust size. I'll dump the duddlies when you finish something that's a better (read: bigger) replacement. (duddly has a nice package solution)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2006, 09:10:47 am by acmer » Logged
Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2006, 10:29:27 am »

Ah OK... some of the outfits at SpicySims use a mesh modified by Meche, which combines my DDD top with a bottom.  I have them, but I haven't played with them much since I've been working on my own meshes.

The only issue you'll have with Duddly's replacements is if you use one of my sizes that has a 34B top.  On full-body outfits, it'll use my size, on anything that uses the top separate default (like nudes), it'll use his.  If you don't use my 34B Top size combos, then you'll be fine Smiley

hunter99

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2006, 06:18:36 am »

Does the problem with Duddly default set also apply to your 34B non-default set ?
Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2006, 08:08:04 am »

Not sure what you mean... Duddly's defaults will be used in any case that the default top is referenced... this would affect any of MY 34Bd (default) sets as  well, which is basically the entire Bottoms set I just released.  Custom top sizes coming later won't be affected.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2006, 08:30:33 am by Warlokk » Logged

Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2006, 01:55:49 pm »

The nudes are posted over in the Adult section, if you haven't seen them yet... I'm planning to do the full-body nudes of all the sizes this weekend, and get started on the DD clothing.  I'll probably release in smaller chunks so you should see some before too long.

Star Ranger4

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2006, 03:28:44 pm »

Whoo HOO!  Its not the Chinees dresses, yet, but a complete set of nudes means I can probobly pull out some old projects and update them for it.

Been too long since I came up with anything GOOD
Warbo

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2006, 11:54:49 am »

How about a glamour model by the name of Veronica Zemonova if you've ever heard of her. She's got a body to die for.

By the way your bodyshape meshes are fantastic, keep up the excellent work.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: