Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 04:00:28 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to make Contact Lenses  (Read 8040 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
pickpock

View Profile
« on: April 22, 2007, 11:02:05 am »

Welcome to my first tutorial. *watches people run away* Wait, come back!
I've been asked how contacts work very many times, I searched the site but I couldn't find an already existing tutorial. So...

Do you want your sims to be able to change eye colour with just a look in the mirror? Continue to read then.

First step, open Body Shop and an image editing program. I use Photoshop, but this is the simplest procedure ever, so almost anything will work.

Second step: In Body Shop, pretend you're making a new set of eyes and export the eyes you'd like to have as contacts.  Name it whatever you’d like, cause we’re only after the .bmp files.
(If you’d like to share these new contacts with someone else, make sure the creator of the eyes is okay with that.)

Third step, quit that project and start a new one, I recommend exporting a blush as a base for this, because with a blush, you can make your contact lenses multi-wearable (which means you can wear a normal blush at the same time).
If you do the contacts as a mask, you won't be able to wear another mask at the same time as your lenses. Plus, do it as a mask and you wont have a swatch image.

Naming this project can be done with greater care, this we won't throw away.

Fourth step: So, new project, open the image editor and find the first .bmp files you’ve exported.
What you want to do is take the .bmp files from the eyes, and replace the .bmp files in the blush.
The simplest way to do this is to open the first files, the ones that came with the eyes. Then start with the alpha file, that's the black and white and chose "Save as", now you click your way to the other project files and chose the blush alpha file (most likely it says alpha somewhere in the file name). Save. And yes, you do want to replace the existing file.

Fifth step: Repeat but change files and do the bmp's with colours this time.

Refresh your sim in Body Shop, and voila! Brand new you.
Make sure you have green symbols on all the ages and both genders.
If you want, change the swatch to something prettier.

To make your contacts multi-wearable you need to import the contacts to the game (to make them show up in the savedsims folder).
And then go read this excellent tutorial made by HystericalParoxysm over at MtS2.

That's all from me.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2007, 11:04:14 am by pickpock » Logged

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Come on! You know you want to... Join!

The Plot Thickens! It now contains: 1 broken chainsaw, 1 fishes ( I got hungry), 1/2 a bottle of rum (and thirsty too!) and way to many things keeping me away from the computer.
Triple_sSs

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2007, 05:52:25 pm »

Nice tutorial! Smiley
PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2007, 07:58:56 pm »

So then the contacts show up in blush? Or did I miss something? I could just see it now, me thinking I made this cool pair of contacts and go to use them and plop now I have 4 eyes two on my cheeks and two in my eyeball sockets. lol

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.
                                         -Luciano de Crescenzo
pickpock

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2007, 12:28:56 pm »

Thanks Triple sSS!

lol! Diana, the contacts does how up in the blush section, but they'll cover the eyes as they're suposed to Wink
The blush instead of (for example) a mask is just to make them multi-wearable, to get a swatch image, and personally, I rarely use blushes, so for me, that's a pretty empty section Wink

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Plot Thickens! It now contains: 1 broken chainsaw, 1 fishes ( I got hungry), 1/2 a bottle of rum (and thirsty too!) and way to many things keeping me away from the computer.
PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2007, 12:38:23 am »

Oo Lookey I did it and it worked!!! Ok I was being silly first I made a smiley face and used a Maxi's eye. lol But it really worked. Now I need to figure out how to get it to be just one eye, then I can do lots like fire, a clover, the earth, etc...etc. It's attached if you want to check if I did it rigt. But it shows up in blush and it goes in the eyes. Smiley Thank you!!

Oh I forgot can you change the swatch on it? So it shows the preview of the eye instead of that squiggly line Maxis made?

* Image8.jpg (97.18 KB, 411x465 - viewed 799 times.)
* 2dd99141_funnyeyes1a.rar (31.39 KB - downloaded 327 times.)
« Last Edit: May 13, 2007, 12:45:54 am by PegasusDiana » Logged

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.
                                         -Luciano de Crescenzo
pickpock

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2007, 02:11:13 am »

If it shows up in the right places, and looks like that, I'm figuring you did it right. And yes, the swatch can be changed, you just open the swatch file in the project folder, and do something else Smiley

There's only one way to have eyes that look different, generalzoi did a mesh thingy, get it here that allows you do get a different colour on the left eye. It's not perfect, the left eye gets a bit more blurry and darker, but so far, it's the best (lol, and only) way to get different colours. Smiley

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2007, 04:59:40 am »

I so went and snagged it, I'll figure it out somehow. Wink I'm having a great time with all these tuts. Thank you again, that one was so simple and easy, although I still kept thinking better make something cute your gonna end up with four eyes. roflmbo

-Luciano de Crescenzo
pickpock

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2007, 09:32:22 am »

lol, glad you're having fun Smiley

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

P_soyene

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2008, 02:02:18 am »

Thank you, very helpful.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 10:50:34 am by P_soyene » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: