Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 12:01:34 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Installing two games on one computer  (Read 1713 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
~*Jax*~

View Profile
« on: April 22, 2007, 02:52:49 pm »

Is it possible to have two games on one computer?  I need to have the base game separate from the playing game so that I can make base game compatible objects.

Is this at all possible?

Thanks!
PrincessJen

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2007, 04:46:43 pm »

Numenor has a BaseGameStarter Pro 1.4b mod on MTS2. you may want to look at that.

Don't ask for updates, when Squinge updates them, you will find them here > Squinges Mods Rock!
mchaos

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2007, 12:12:55 pm »

Or you can create a seperat account on your computer and use that for just the basegame.  You can have a bunch of accounts on one computer.

My sims, online.  Always under construction, and not very impressive anyway.
http://marjchaos.tripod.com/
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2007, 03:45:43 pm »

Quote from: mchaos;698564
Or you can create a seperat account on your computer and use that for just the basegame.  You can have a bunch of accounts on one computer.

The only way this could work is if you install the base game in another folder other than the default.  Just thinking it through, I'm still not certain it would work because the registry settings are still set.  This could either a) prevent the second installation, b) force use of the previous installation, or c) break the current installation.  Basegame starter changes the registry settings behind the scenes prior to running the version of the game you want.  Some people have had problems with it, others, to include myself, have used it without any consequences.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: