Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 01:04:41 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Enayla! we miss you  (Read 58648 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
MidnightVoyager

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2007, 09:22:38 pm »

Quote from: Sandicee4;875376
Poor Linda. Some nasty things are being said about her art all over the net. I think perhaps this is why she is not feeling all that great and not responding to people's e-mails. If it was me that these mean people were writing about, I'd be feeling like crap as well - it really is very nasty what is being said about her and some pretty serious allegations have been made. I'm not doing this to start rumours or anything - I support Linda wholeheartedly and this is a message to let her know that there are people who are on her side. We love and miss you, Linda! Get better soon!!

Well, the people doing that need to be never allowed to have chocolate ever again. THAT'll teach 'em. :chainsaw:
spookymuffin

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2007, 04:25:16 pm »

Quote from: MidnightVoyager;875753
Well, the people doing that need to be never allowed to have chocolate ever again. THAT'll teach 'em. :chainsaw:

I think that a swift kick to the face would be more appropriate. The community was all the more rich with Enayla's involvement, for people to treat her in such an uncalled for and unpleasant manner is just terrible.
I am of the opinion that most of the people levelling these accusations at Linda are just envious and the others are just jumping on the bandwagon.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2007, 09:17:53 pm by spookymuffin » Logged

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science." - Charles Darwin.
[/COLOR]
Lumineya
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2007, 08:58:54 pm »

I just googled "Enayla" to find out what all the drama is about.

First result was an Encyclopedia dramatica article, with pics of the accusations. In my mind, most of the pics are complete bull, and this my opinion through knowledge of the art world speaking. Don't know how much I am allowed to post here, so I'll just give my response to the drama, anyone curious can go hunt the info down themselves.

The images on ED do not really prove anything, plus, the accusations being placed on Enayla can be placed on... well, at least 50% of popular artists.

Also, the person who started the accusations is pretty darn young to be trying to go all vigilante on someone's artwork, spammed En's Devart with his ridiculous accusations, has insulted other people's work with some of the most harsh and immature criticisms I have ever seen, and ran tail-between-legs when enough people tried to prove him wrong.

Oh and uh... he literally thinks he's god.

I do indeed want En to come back and continue making Skintones. If I were in her shoes, I'd go into hiding too. The guy who started all this is one of the few people I wish would commit existus terminatus, or at least fall into a hole until he develops brainz, but he's cause En enough trouble that she has every reason to say "Eff it" and leave, and I'm not going to beg for her return if she doesn't want to return.

Great skins, and I'd like to see more of the fantasy skintones with the nice facial markings, but if she decides to discontinue her creations and stay away from the drama, that's her decision, and I personally have no problem with it.
MidnightVoyager

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2007, 03:45:24 pm »

Quote from: spookymuffin;877171
I think that a swift kick to the face would be more appropriate. The community was all the more rich with Enayla's involvement, for people to treat her in such an uncalled for and unpleasant manner is just terrible.
I am of the opinion that most of the people levelling these accusations at Linda are just envious and the others are just jumping on the bandwagon.

Of course, but think about it. No more chocolate ever again will damage their entire lives. It's a slow, prolonged torture!

Oh, and while we're at it, the Chinese did this thing with bamboo...
summer_dream

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2007, 07:15:40 pm »

Quote from: Lumineya;877710
I just googled "Enayla" to find out what all the drama is about.

First result was an Encyclopedia dramatica article, with pics of the accusations.

There's also a thread on Concept Art.org about the whole Enayla controversy.  I really don't know what to think and, not being an artist, I really don't care.  I just wish Enayla would come back and make skins - I miss her and her work!
CynaraBlade

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2007, 02:38:09 am »

I did a search for that thread when I visited Concept Art before, and I believe it's been yanked. I did read her page on Deviant Art; some twat spammed the comments section with links to that thread as well as spewing all this vitriol about Enayla being a fraud - attention-whorism taken to the extreme on his/her/its part, I dare say. Anyhow, about those allegations of plagiarism, I don't buy a word of it at all. The "evidence" all the haters supplied is flimsy at best, as it is well known that all artists use photographic sources etc. for reference. I still draw from time to time, even though I'm very much burnt out on it now, and I was never without reference material.

So Enayla, please come back soon, we look forward to seeing more gorgeous work from you. Please, don't be discouraged by the rantings of a few jealous, talentless bitches.

:blob6:
kathy
TRAITOR

Rotten traitor

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2007, 03:17:10 am »

Cynara you basically summed up my feelings on it. The artist who is obsessed with her is a rather sad little man, perhaps it is jealously on his part because I don't find his work all that impressive.
CynaraBlade

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2007, 03:29:32 am »

I've never seen his work myself, and I don't think I would care to either.

:blob6:
SolidGoldFunk
Site Santa!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2007, 01:08:39 pm »

Wow that really sucks! I wish she would read these. I hope she's not too devastated. I'm sure the people making these allegations are just jealous and with talent like that she must know it. I just wish she didn't withdraw. The only skins I really use are hers, Louis and Jirka. Shame, shame, shame. I really do hate people sometimes! People should never be jealous, they should have embraced her with her talents. If anything I would want to learn more about her rather than piss her off. Enayla, Linda, I don't know you but I miss you and I would have loved to get to know you better and see more of your work. So sad to see that you're gone:(

Alleliua

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2007, 09:36:14 pm »

Enayla, I miss you.
Even if you never uploaded another thing ever again, just seeing pictures of your stuff, being able to drop in and see what you're working on, would be inspiring and a joy.
You've enriched my sims to an incredible degree, thank you.
PinkSword

hiyaaa.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2007, 03:14:35 am »

yes enayla your a sweetheart

Cheesy

then i hear your soul , touches me the right way
morriganrane

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2007, 04:14:28 pm »

I love her work, i can just look at them all day and i adore her skins. All of that is way more drama then anyone should have to deal with. The thing is its internet drama. Being all hard ass with a keyboard is stupid. Its like myspace or livejournal drama, thats just retarded and immature. I don't see why it should even be a big deal if she actualy did use what was in another picture for a base. I can draw decently well and have used other pictures for ideas or poses, size references, especially for characters where the whole reason for the picture is the character thats sitting in it. The same bench in one pic as another would hardly be a condeming quality. So maybe she liked the bench? I've put various furniture that struck my interest or that i wish i had in my pictures, big deal, its the character i want them to look at. Am i supposed to design whole new furniture? Its furniture!
To top everything off, apparently some little asshat was selling her fantasy skins on Second life. Utilizing someones work is one thing, claiming its yours and tring to make a profit on someone elses hard work is just unbelievable ... no beleiveable but certainly not worth forgiveness of anykind ...its just too damn low.
Michele_Lita

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2007, 05:46:00 am »

We love u !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Moo Moo Fan's
[/B]
xTERRIx

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2007, 10:20:27 am »

NO WAY! :shock: she's working for a movie?! a concept artist?! i've heard of the movie the Golden Compass, and it's not really for me. BUT SHE'S A CONCEPT ARTIST!? :shock:

<signature removed due to size, please refer to forum rules>
xTERRIx

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2007, 02:17:33 pm »

HOLY CRAP! I'VE BEEN DANCING LIKE A BEAR IN A TUTU FOR DAYS NOW!! :shock:

<signature removed due to size, please refer to forum rules>
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: