Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 09:32:55 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: am not sure where to begin  (Read 1782 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
paula
« on: April 28, 2007, 12:24:20 am »

Hi All,
I am totally a newbie-- to Sims 2  and making anything.....
I have played around with simpe and have managed to take parts of things and make a new model.. So , for me thats progress.
Here's my question:
I have a picture of a child that I would love to create as a sim2 -- as this will actually be my daughters baby and her outfit at my daughters upcoming wedding.
Ummm I'm a long way away from pic to actual sim-- and I don't have a clue as to how or where to start...........
I could use a sim body mesh-- but the face and the head piece-- and the clothes-- see my dilemma--- so many things---
what to do-- where to start--- and I'm a newbie!!!!!!! Gad---
Ok trying not to freak-- am trying to maintain calm-----but HELP!!!!!!!!!
Thanks
Paula:smt120
marvine
Silent

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2007, 06:01:30 am »

You're right, for this project you'll need to edit or remake a clothing mesh and make the textures for it, and maybe make a new hair or accessory mesh for the head piece (not sure what that means here) - the face should be done in Bodyshop on a new sim.
Now it's not an easy job, and you'll need to go through several tutorials to learn the basics. When you say that you made a new model, is that an object that works in your game? If so, at least you have some notions of the SimPE interface and it will help.
The best place to start is the Bodyshop meshing tutorials in the create section at MTS2, look for the Unimesh tutorials and try all 3 of them; every step of the process is explained clearly, and there are a lot of tips and useful informations.
When this is done and understood, you can attempt hair or accessories - these are more advanced stuff, with particulat quirks; there also are tutorials for that, but they're not intended for beginners.

All this can be very daunting at first, but with a little practice it gets a lot less scary - just be aware that it will take much more than a few hours or a few days Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: