Insimenator.org
April 24, 2024, 07:56:04 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Stupid SimMasters...@sims2.com..Grrr!  (Read 19225 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
jotothejo

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2007, 02:02:11 am »

I just recently has a small run in, I had christian in my sig, well a couple of people reported me and I got attacked by 1 sim master and the other said "Thank you for promptly changing it" while the other called me ignorant and arrogant(seriously). Of course the funny thing is the people who reported me had controversial things, like 1 person had devil in there name, and another had "Republicans are racist faggots", but oh well such is the BBS.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2007, 02:27:54 am by jotothejo » Logged
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2007, 07:13:40 am »

(Welcome, jotothejo!  Glad you joined us here!  Wink  )

Now this is getting me even more angrier.  I can't wait for the next time they seriously mess up, because I'll be willing to report the whole company along with anyone else.  :evil:  How the heck can you bust someone down and call them ignorant for having "Christian" in the signature?!  I'm a Christian myself, (though I'm definitely not perfect...then again, who is? :angel:) and seeing what happened to you, jotothejo, really strikes my nerves.  They have absolutely no right to say that, especially if you don't mean any harm.  :angryfir:  God forbid if I had went ahead a while back and started to put my favorite bible verse in my sig.  If this had ever happened to me, they would never hear the end of it.  :angry7:

Like I mentioned before, anyone in these types of situations should save any info/evidence relating to the matter.  The more there is against them, the better.  :evil4:
« Last Edit: May 05, 2007, 07:18:12 am by Tenshii~Akari » Logged

Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2007, 12:13:18 pm »

Sheesh, I've met some Christians during my time at Uni who are among the nicest people I've ever met. I'm not one myself, my belief tends to be "you don't need to be religious to be a good person", but that's just me Smiley

No requests please
CobainFan

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2007, 01:34:28 pm »

read all the brainwashed bs from the bbsers

http://bbs.thesims2.ea.com/community/bbs/messages.php?threadID=f564b8385c2f50f227425e5fcd3430c3&directoryID=2&startRow=1&openItemID=item.2,item.43,item.61,item.104,item.41,item.127,item.23

jotothejo, someone mentions you btw

Something i cannot stand is a loss of self originality and a gain of conformity. Seen entirely by those who are the sheep of society.
jotothejo

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2007, 03:31:20 pm »

Yeah that's the same person who is breaking the rules by having devil in there username.
Spongity

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2007, 03:38:20 pm »

Everything about the BBS is too idiotic for my taste. Just a bunch of ten year olds worshipping whatever comes out of the SimMaster's mouths. Everyone has something of a "more-holy-than-thou" attitude that only makes them look stupider.
This whole situation, while completely inappropriate and out of line, does not surprise me. Things like this have been happening for far too long.
What do you think would happen if every one of us went over and started our own thread about this? I'm tempted to make one myself, though it would probably have no effect on the brainwashed bbsers.

ETA: Does anyone else find it completely inappropriate for that person to mention someone by name in that thread? Honestly...

My Flickr-Updated 5/26
My Picture Thread-Updated 6/26
"Michael always says K.I.S.S, Keep It Simple Stupid. Great advice, hurts my feelings every time."-Dwight Schrute
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2007, 03:58:39 pm »

From what I can tell, there seems to be a rule for siggies but none for user names.

... WTF? :dontknow: What's to stop people signing up with names like "GodHatesFaggots" or whatever else then? Since that seems to be the reason this siggy rule was brought in to start with, after all...

No requests please
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2007, 08:34:47 pm »

Quote from: Spongity;714488
ETA: Does anyone else find it completely inappropriate for that person to mention someone by name in that thread? Honestly...

That was just plain ignorant.  It's like someone screaming "Bob shot John!" in the middle of a murder trial, when clearly Bob has no knowledge of the matter... definitely foolish and uncalled for.  The least that person could have done was report them in the proper way.  :roll: (not that I agree with reporting every little thing wrong...)

Quote from: Sadie79;714514
From what I can tell, there seems to be a rule for siggies but none for user names.

... WTF? :dontknow: What's to stop people signing up with names like "GodHatesFaggots" or whatever else then? Since that seems to be the reason this siggy rule was brought in to start with, after all...

If they can't control user names as controversial as that, then the sudden tight reins on the sigs really makes little sense to me.  (except for the three line limit.  It's actually quite sensible after seeing the horrors that people call their signatures. :shock: )

Back on the signatures part, the least they could do is have what is/isn't allowed in them while one is customizing their signature, say like, oh I don't know... here on InSim.  At least you see what you need to know while working on it.  There's nothing like having the "up-frontness" like we do here.      It's what keeps me coming back daily.  And to tell the truth, the easiest way that the Maxoids could solve the whole situation is to disable signatures completely.  Why have them to only promote the user's creations/fansites, when all you can easily do is click their name?  :angel:

Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2007, 10:26:17 pm »

Not many people on there even use their siggies for promoting their stuff anyway :-?

No requests please
PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2007, 01:59:06 am »

Quote from: CobainFan;714299

Did you do this?

SimMasterZen sucks. InSimenator.net rocks my socks. You should go.
Sign my gb if you have SMZ as much as I do
http://www.insimenator.net

I just about fell off my chair roflmao

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.
                                         -Luciano de Crescenzo
Spongity

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 06, 2007, 02:05:34 am »

Whoever did that... it rocks. Seriously.

My Flickr-Updated 5/26
"Michael always says K.I.S.S, Keep It Simple Stupid. Great advice, hurts my feelings every time."-Dwight Schrute
PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 06, 2007, 02:10:11 am »

Quote from: Spongity;715262
Whoever did that... it rocks. Seriously.

Yes it did, I was just getting ready to agree with the post above as to why do they need siggies there anyway? We don't need to know who loves who from the BBS. Then I saw the one below, I'm just glad I wasn't drinking anything...lol

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.
                                         -Luciano de Crescenzo
Spongity

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2007, 02:25:10 am »

Huh. After posting I realized that my BBS rank had gone up, even though I hadn't posted anything there or gone there in quite a while. Maybe someone gave me some beans. Is there some sort of celebration dance I do when my rank goes up? I know people there take it quite seriously...

My Flickr-Updated 5/26
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: May 06, 2007, 07:21:01 am »

To lovethesax:  :thumblef: :thumbrig: Priceless.  Had to turn sigs back on, but it was worth seeing it there.  :lol:

I really couldn't stand it... you know, seeing "is mine ok?" 20+ times after the original post.  Seriously, if it obviously doesn't include the stuff they don't want in signatures, then it's fine.  End of story.  No need to keep asking the same question that's already been answered more than enough in the same thread.  :roll:  I have them disabled again anyways, so it doesn't really matter too much to me what other people have in them now...

Like I said, they could always get rid of them.  It would save them (and us) some grief, especially after what some people have already gone through.

latinlovr06

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 06, 2007, 08:26:02 pm »

I know! That was funny with the siggy that had the "simmasterzen sucks!" it's true though! i can't remember which one of you said you wanted to start a thread over there about this and see what happens, but it's a damn good idea. (of course we'd all be permanently banned--ahh, who cares. lol). Zen truly thinks she can run a dictatorship. NUH-UH...not as long as im alive. i'll be damned if someone tries to put a label on me and my culture. Hellllllllll no. the only person who responded was that MaxoidDramaLlama..and you'd THINK that because she(or he) is from South America, they would understand the culture and the meaning of the word "salvatrucha" too. but he/she kept repeating him/herself "ur banned til may 15th. ive talked to SMZ." oh bullcrap! im tired of them thinking they can walk all over them. i say we all contact EA and report SMZ and the siggy ignorance. i believe since i was probably the only one who did, nothing major will be done. but have a whole rack of people do it...something should be.

I am Salvatrucha and I am damn proud too!! :cheer:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: