Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 02:04:57 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Stupid SimMasters...@sims2.com..Grrr!  (Read 18685 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
SlayerAngel90

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 06, 2007, 09:16:09 pm »

I think Encyclopedia Dramatica should have an entry on the Sims 2 BBS.

Save an artist... join the Animal Army.

New MSN: SlayerAngel90@gmail.com Add me if you'd like Smiley

Save the Pandas
snowman

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 23, 2007, 03:33:46 pm »

This is a better site.  All Sim2.com is good for is checking the news of upcoming expansion packs.  I wouldn't bother with the rest.  Hostility is something I try to avoid, so I keep my mouth shut and don't voice anything on anything on their boards.

Join the Animal Army.  The more the merrier.

Death comes to everyone.  The question is when.  Enjoy every minute.  You don't know when Death will come knocking.
tragedymcneil

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 24, 2007, 08:48:24 am »

I find bbs people are a little too young. Its really outrageous what they have done, I'm sure EA would really not want to be associated with racism. Don't let them off with this. I'm always surprised about racism , I'm in Newfoundland and was never exposed to it until I went to america, I was shocked. I really hate racism. Why does everything have to be this person cant do this or say this because they are of *blank* color, why? That person shouldnt say things like that not because shes *blank* but because shes human, we're all human and should have humanity for our fellow humans. We have to stop seeing color and realise its just that, a color. We all bleed the same. Sorry for the rant.
Sylvania Voyeur

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2007, 11:44:00 am »

I've never posted on the Sims 2 BBS (and I never will - I prefer a civilized, at least somewhat intelligent atmosphere). However, my friend, who is a Catholic African American, has encountered a lot of racism and discrimination, from the general members and Maxis employees alike. She's also been banned twice just for defending herself, her heritage & her beliefs. It's pretty sad, but you've just got to ignore the misinformed, ignorant, brainwashed idiots there.

Anyhoo, we've both learned to stay away from that place.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2007, 11:46:06 am by Sylvania Voyeur » Logged

"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
--Oscar Wilde
J-Star

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 24, 2007, 03:18:03 pm »

After reading through this thread, I have to say I'm simply appalled at what people have gone through on the Sims 2 BBS.  I'm glad I'm not active over there!  My heart heart goes out to latinlovr and PegasusDiana, and anyone else who's suffered injustice over there.  I'm not sure what would be the best way to handle it... definitely staying away from the BBS and its twisted community and policies would be a good idea - no-brainer there!  Other than that, going to the press might not be a bad idea, since racism and discrimination in general are such volitle subjects in America.  So much of the population is in total denial that it still exists, while the reality is that it continues to run rampant.  EA is a major company, and I don't know if blowing the whistle on them in the media would work... though it would be nice if they were forced to issue a massive apology to cover their arses.

"Our position is correct, except... there's no Alderaan!"  -  Han Solo
Captain_Shepard

Humanity's Last Hope

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 24, 2007, 03:40:52 pm »

Just say I've been around the Sims 2 BBS and never liked the '' environment ''. Kids screaming around for remakes of older sims expansions, people who don't accept your opinion and of course racism. I'm portuguese and I was insulted by some idiots which were from Brasil. Still I didn't report a thing because I've heard from some of my friends which were active on the bbs that reporting wasn't the solution.

Just thank god we got Insimenator where people with brains meet and chat like normal people.

We are little stars among the universe, let us not be blinded by our mortality and deceived from what others say.
Baby Ronno

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 25, 2007, 12:32:29 am »

I've had a BBS experience everyone!  I asked where a certain topic was and a mod told me that "It wasn't his fault that I couldn't f***ing read."  I told him that it wasn't my fault that he couldn't f***ing spell, and of course he threw a little temper tantrum about that.  LOL.  Now I can relate. Tongue

:google:
Arabian_Cat

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 25, 2007, 02:10:21 am »

Frankly I can't stand looking at the place. How they set it up so fugly and disorganized...don't even get me started on some of the 'Arab bashing' I've seen...*Grrrr*:chainsaw:

rebelmozzerella

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 25, 2007, 04:03:01 pm »

I put the link to Insimenator in my signature. They didn't warn me. They didn't ban me. They shut down my account. TS2.com sucks. Trust me-I only go there for Sims 2 updates (once every two or three months) and to laugh at the people who think it's so great.

he's the sweat on my sheets (:
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: June 25, 2007, 06:52:59 pm »

Those poor, sad, misunderstood people... :sad3:  If only they didn't judge the site by just looking at the name.  Wouldn't hurt them so much if they actually came back to see there's nothing so "adult" about this site... Oh well.

Naima

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 26, 2007, 05:17:45 am »

I just read through this thread. If that stupid 'simmaster' would have done just a TAD more research than just looking at the first page of search results from google, she would have found that, OMG! Mara Salvatrucha ACTUALLY meant something BEFORE it became the name of a gang! lol
Here's a quick quote from Wikipedia (I know not the most reliable source, but oh well, lol)
--The word "Mara" refers to the Spanish word for "army ant", and "Salvatrucha" which is Spanish slang for "Salvadorian."
---http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mara_Salvatrucha

¤¤¤
1st Place MTB5 : Unity
2nd Place 7 Deadly Sims : Kimora[/SIZE]
Feisty32
« Reply #56 on: November 17, 2008, 10:28:08 pm »

yeah i was on their message board and i will be a big enough person to admit that i did my fair share of flaming the banned me for a couple of days. and then i posted a thread called to the pansies,crybabys,and idiots you can bite me for all i care and then got banned for a week but i will step up to the plate and admit i was wrong but i really liked that board for awhile and i really enjoyed talking to a vast majority of the simmers so i quit going on there and i have not been back there since and i have not regreted my decision.:rant:

they let alot of those simmers get away with murder to be quite honest with ya especially the ones who complains about complainers. and seriously i was'nt the only one doing the flaming there were others who were doing it far worse then me but i never saw them get on to others like they did me but oh well that board sucked anyways.:thefinge:

they even consider calling a fellow simmer a idiot to be toeing the line.

you seriously could not pay me enough to go back on that board

and i really cannot stand the maxoids or sim masters i feel they are abusing their privilages. :angryfir:

i was sarabear288 on the board.:-P

thank god for insimenator.net
« Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 10:44:14 pm by Feisty32 » Logged
vanessa

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 17, 2008, 11:30:25 pm »

"Sim Master","Maxoid",how old are they,five?
Are those theyr titles?What are they,moderators?
Very childish names!
Latinlovr,I realy understand you are offended.
I'm very happy we have so nice and polite moderators on this site!

Life is  just a game and we are the sims.

http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=22717
heartless

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 18, 2008, 12:17:08 am »

I would be offended too! Man, if they had a problem with that word they should've just asked you politely what the word meant to make sure it was appropriate. Instead, they wasted an oppurtunity to learn something, and made themselves look like a bunch of... male donkeys.

Because of this thread, I will never find myself wandering over to that site. I'll stick with this one thank you very much.
Feisty32
« Reply #59 on: November 18, 2008, 02:35:48 am »

Quote from: alga;1460054
"Sim Master","Maxoid",how old are they,five?
Are those theyr titles?What are they,moderators?
Very childish names!
Latinlovr,I realy understand you are offended.
I'm very happy we have so nice and polite moderators on this site![/QUOTE

yes i do believe it is and i also agree with you about the nice and polite moderators on this site.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  

Jump to: