Insimenator.org
April 28, 2024, 08:56:56 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Downloads in which folder?  (Read 2948 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
melangel1358

View Profile
« on: May 01, 2007, 04:49:18 am »

Anyone pls....

Can u jst tell me what goes in which folder, etc:
Already created sims
Hair, eye colour
ALready created residential/community lots.

I have all lots in my Teleport Folder and everything else i have D/L in my Downloads folder am i doing everything right because nothing is showing up when i play.

Thanks
:tongue8:
Ninja

:)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2007, 06:07:22 am »

I'm pretty sure that all online downloads go in the dowloads folder.

But I'm not an expert on this stuff.

Also when downloading already made sims, have you double clicked on the file and installed it?

My signature is waaaaay better than your signature!
PinkSword

hiyaaa.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2007, 06:21:20 am »

create a map in documents/eagames/sims2/ now you make a new map and call it ''Downloads''

there you put your files in and extract them

then i hear your soul , touches me the right way
melangel1358

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2007, 04:00:25 am »

all of my online downloads are in my "downloads" folder, i have unzipped the files, but how can i use an already made sim and i cant seem to use or see some objects and even lots...Huh??
me have no idea pls someone help
trl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2007, 06:10:57 pm »

IHave you enabled custom content? As silly as this may sound I have forgotten on a reinstall once. I hope it is as simple as this.

ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2007, 08:55:33 am »

Quote from: trl;713366
IHave you enabled custom content? As silly as this may sound I have forgotten on a reinstall once. I hope it is as simple as this.

You've only forgotten once?  I've lost track of the number of times I've failed to enable CC after installing a new EP, SP, or mod making global changes.  :snorting:
trl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2007, 02:52:30 pm »

Haha Ancient, I will fess up, I have forgotten more than once! Wink

melangel1358

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2007, 08:56:45 am »

i always enable my custom content when i load my game and when it asks me, but still i cant see anything i have d/l and i have no idea where to find the already made sim i d/l. i go to create a sim and browse for the already made one but its not anywhere./...i have no clue

pls help me someone..
Sad
Morgan415864

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2007, 01:26:35 pm »

ok...SIMS downloads are usually downloaded as packages, when you download a sims, save it to somewhere convenient, like the desktop. after the file is saved double click it and it should ask you if you want to install, say yes and it should work. the sims 2 came with its own extractor for package files like this. as for things not showing up: sometimes when a new expansion pack is installed, you of course have to enable new content, and then restart. this sounds like a case of stubborn content to me, so i do something that hysterical paroxysm calls the "body shop trick". http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=197511  this is very easy to do and she explains very clearly step by step. hope this helps

"Be happy when you bite the apple and see the whole worm, throw up if you find a half."
melangel1358

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2007, 02:22:32 am »

hey, ok im now good with the already created sims they showing in my sim bin, just now some objects and i dont see any of the houses i d/l. i have all EP's but still they not showing up are they suppose to be in my "downloads" folder or "teleport" cause someone told me it had to be in the "teleport" folder...
mel
Mi-chii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2007, 03:53:50 am »

Both lots/houses, sims, and even some walls/floors has to be installed. They have a different icon, and I think their filename is .sims2pack instead of the usual .package. To get the sims, houses/lots and other things with this icon into your game, you double-click on it. A dialog-box wil then pop up, click install, and voila. You can then DELETE the file you just doubleclicked, because the game has installed these things itself.

You don't have to put these files in your downloads-folder, they just take up space and aren't good for anything before you install them yourself.

And no, lots and houses doesn't go in the teleport-folder.

Tied third place in Mr. Insimenator 2007
Join the Animal Army
Call me Michelle
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: