Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 08:52:07 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: sim programs for mac?  (Read 2714 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
bogies

View Profile
« on: May 01, 2007, 05:15:25 am »

Does anybody know if there are any programs to check for id conflicts for Macs? I'm also looking for an iff snooper type of program to view/edit sims 2 stuff - does it exist?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Karen :smt120
rosidbon

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2007, 04:37:32 am »

Sadly there is very little out there for mac users in this area. WooHoo for mac is the only app that I know of and it was never finished and I think the guy who was doing it got fed up with the lack of support and quit. Some of it does work, you can look at what the files are and it will backup your game files. It can find corrupt files but because it is not really up to date with all the new EP's and the new cc files it will see files that are 1.1 and 1.2 as corrupt, whether they are or not so its a bit of a lottery. One way to check on things that your game does not like is to look at a file called 'CustomCo....bjects,txt'  You will find it here Users/your name/Documents/EAgames/The Sims2/Logs. This will list everything that your game MAY have trouble with. Now, and this is the problem, the game will run fine with most of the suff that is in this list, but somewhere in this list may be the file that breaks the camels back.
That is really all there is that I know of.
Except to say that some mac users find it useful, sometimes, to bin a file called  'Groups.cache' found in the same location as 'Logs.'
It seems to have no function and it can help some problems to get rid of it. It does keep coming back every time you load the game but some have found that it helps to get rid of it.
Hope this is helpful
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2008, 09:35:12 pm »

clatoo13 - due to the change from the more generic POSIX versions of former versions of Mac OS, OSX, by changing to the BSDos platform, has severely hampered conversions of and development of Sims 2 tools.  There is still no reliable, robust tool to scan files for the Mac platform, there are sorts of scripts using the R programming language that I have seen on the Sims2Wiki, but these are limited in what the scan and the problems detected.

Whereas many people may hold the opinon that Mac OSX is robust and flexible, the proof is in the pudding: nothing is being made that parallels the tools available to PC-users.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: