Insimenator.org
April 28, 2024, 08:46:40 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: No sims showing up in SimPE?  (Read 2773 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Tomkat

View Profile
« on: May 03, 2007, 03:21:44 am »

I don't mean to be the village idiot here, posting about SimPe, but I need some help!
I used to be able to work with SimPE just fine, but yesterday after about 2 weeks when I opened it up I couldn't see any of the sims in my 'hood...  I used the up-to-pets version without hassles for quite some time, and then it just stopped working!  You get to open the neighborhoods just fine, just not view the citizens.  

So then I un-installed that version and tried the seasons compatible version, but Im getting the same thing.  I didn't download any new hacks I know of, so Im stumped.  

The last time I used it I was creating a "clean" neighborhood (no default townies etc - just my own, I used SPE to rename them all without problems) And after that it still worked...its just now all of a sudden...

Has this happened to anyone else here, or does anyone have some advice?

thanks so much for your time!
Tk
« Last Edit: May 03, 2007, 03:25:45 am by Tomkat » Logged
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2007, 08:15:31 am »

They were listed as "Unknown" right?  Did you have "No Meta Information" checked in the Extra menu?  I know that "disables" the loading of Sim data.

I had a similar problem, but in my situation, I kept having warnings pop up where SimPE claims to have found a sim twice for every sim in every neighborhood, even the "clean" ones... :shock:  At least downloading the Seasons version fixed that problem.

Tomkat

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2007, 09:07:34 am »

Yeah, they're 'Unknown' when you look at the individual families... but there's just a blank space where "sim Data" should be...there where all sims are usually listed underneath each other, including the grim and other non playables..

Thanks for getting back to me though, Ill check it out when I get home, maybe I checked that block by mistake..Smiley  (although...i installed the seasons version after removing the other one, so shouldn't that also be reset then?  I dont know..Ill check it out later!)

____EDIT TO ADD_____(04/05/07)

The block was checked...so i thought "oh good"...but whether its checked or not I still have no sims displaying...so damn, it didn't work.  

I seriously have no idea what could be causing the problem!

____EDIT TO ADD (AGAIN)_____(07/05/07)

I solved it...turns out it was a file "kissingpoints" that was supposed to unlock all the PETS unlockables...Luckily I kept the original file so I was able to restore it.  So if anyone has the same issue in the future - check that file! Its not in the downloads folder, so its easy to miss when you're looking for the bug.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2007, 01:56:18 am by Tomkat » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: