Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 05:59:52 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: SOLVED: Stuck object (cannot delete in build & sims cant use it)  (Read 1865 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
SMohtahn

View Profile
« on: May 03, 2007, 05:17:43 pm »

Greetings,
Apologies if this is the wrong topic for questions. I looked for my question first but cannot find it. I hate asking for help but I am desperate for a solution.

Sims2 OFB NL GL
No hacks at the time
In Pleasantview
The purchased house/lot for my sims.
Windows XP

Trying to save some space, I built a small bathroom inside of a bedroom. This is using the smallest possible space a room can be built in while maintaining accessibility for sims.
Put in a normal toilet and shower from the catalog.
The walls were pretty close but the sims were able to use the bathroom and shower just fine.
Until the toilet got clogged.

Options used:

Clean:
I had the sim clean the toilet first as the clog smelled with flies, sim goes to the toilet and stares at it but does nothing and goes away. (but the flies and green haze vanished??) the room consistently has a low environment value because of the smell.

Unclog :
 Sim experienced in repair goes to the toilet, pauses and does nothing then walks away.

Use:
Sim experienced in repair goes to the toilet, pauses and does nothing then walks away.

Call Repair Man:
Called repair man and he also stared at the toilet but could not fix it.

I tried restarting the game and the odor remained gone but the sims still cannot clean,use,unclog it.

I cannot move OR delete the object in build mode because "cannot delete object that is assigned) " I made sure no sims were selecting the object before trying to remove it in build mode.

I tried removing the walls, all the surrounding fixtures and everything but the wall behind the toilet can be deleted. The toilet and its wall cannot be deleted.

So basically, I am not sure what to do because this broken smelly toilet is in the house and I cannot delete it.

Is anyone aware of what to do? Or how to delete an object from within Sim PE?
I was considering bulldozing the house but I am uncertain if that is possible in the neighborhood because its not a custom neighborhood.
If I could find the object in Sim pe in the neighborhood browser, perhaps I can delete it?

any help is much appreciated..I am pretty good with tweaks if I know where to go. :smt120 :sad4:

I just found this thread and I will try this ...
http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?p=326010&highlight=delete+object#post326010

Thanks!
MR
« Last Edit: May 03, 2007, 05:30:20 pm by SMohtahn » Logged
Mi-chii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2007, 05:36:03 pm »

Have you tried using the moveobjects on-cheat to delete it?

Tied third place in Mr. Insimenator 2007
Join the Animal Army
Call me Michelle
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2007, 05:49:42 pm »

Mi-chii's suggestion should work for you.  

It sounds like an invisible sim is tying up the toilet, possibly because in making your bathroom as small as possible, it can't get off the pot.  If you have InSimenator, the Delete Adjuster can show you what sims are on the lot, to include the invisible ones.  Spawn the adjuster, select Delete, and see if any sim is showing up that shouldn't be.  Residents at work or school are supposed to be there, but frequently visitors can get stuck and be invisible.
SMohtahn

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2007, 07:03:58 pm »

Yes the move object worked!

For anyone who reads and needs the info..
I went into the cheat menu Cntrl + Shift + C and chose moveObject on.

As for this insiminator tool, I have not heard of it and I have no idea what it is at all so I will search for it in the forum. Even though the problem is fixed, I'd like to see this insiminator tool thingie.  I had no idea that invisible sims could linger on an object request but I am running a six adult sim houseold so it gets crazy. I am militant about having no guests and have the doors locked, even the bathroom is locked but for that one sim who owns the room to enter it.

So sorry for the whole thread posting and everything but yes it worked. I will NEVER make tiny rooms again!

Everyone is so helpful and I appreciate it so much. Hopefully soon I can start answering questions here soon.

Thanks again!

MRS
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: