Insimenator.org
April 24, 2024, 06:54:13 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My sims don't age  (Read 4790 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Mi-chii

View Profile WWW
« on: May 07, 2007, 10:06:37 am »

I just noticed quite a problem: My sims don't age! Their are stuck in the same "x days until xxx becomes child/teen/adult/elder". The only mods I have are the insimenator and the CEP. I have turned aging on both by using the cheat and by using insimenator, but it doesn't make a difference.

I only have the basegame.

Anyone else experienced this?

Tied third place in Mr. Insimenator 2007
Join the Animal Army
Call me Michelle
Nymphy
Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2007, 10:09:53 am »

Hmm thats odd....espically as those are the only hacks you have. Is it just one family, or all your sims?

Mi-chii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2007, 02:20:57 pm »

All my sims. I have to use the insimenator to make them age, and I really don't like doing that. It annoys me!

Join the Animal Army
Call me Michelle
Marhis

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2007, 04:17:54 pm »

That's extremely odd; I've played the base game for months, with way more  hacks than yours, and it never happened to me.
The only thing that I may think about, is to try with no hacks at all, plain vanilla, and see if it happens again.
Mi-chii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2007, 04:23:54 pm »

Yeah, i'll try that (sniff, I need the insimenator to keep my sims with energy, LOL, that's mostly the only thing I use it for!)... I'll be back later with an update.

I don't need to remove the CEP, do I? Since it's a program, and not a hack?

Join the Animal Army
Call me Michelle
Marhis

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2007, 02:05:07 pm »

Technically, the CEP is a hack too, but anyway you don't have to play without hacks, only test if your sims don't age in vanilla game: move Downloads folder on desktop, then fire up the game, enter any lot and wait till the clock is past 6 pm: if those sims still don't age, then we know that it's not a hack issue, exit the game without saving and report here Smiley.
Marhis

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2007, 02:09:03 pm »

Technically, the CEP is a hack too, but anyway you don't have to play without hacks, only test if your sims don't age in vanilla game: move Downloads folder on desktop, then fire up the game, enter any lot and wait till the clock is past 6 pm: if those sims still don't age, then we know that it's not a hack issue, exit the game without saving and report here Smiley.

EDIT TO ADD: I'm wondering if maybe there's some issue with insim version: I mean that I played base game with an older insim version, and there's a possibility of some differences about playing base game with the insim most updated version.
Theorically, it shouldn't, but as because the most part of players have installed at least 1 EP, it's much more difficult to spot an alleged bug.
Mi-chii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2007, 12:40:21 pm »

Hmmm, I think I have the SIM-version of the InSim.

Well, I just checked, I took just the insimenator out and then the aging worked fine. What does this mean? Do I have to play without it? *looks frigthened* Or should I just try another version?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2007, 01:20:46 pm by Squinge » Logged

Join the Animal Army
Call me Michelle
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2007, 12:53:02 pm »

There was a bug in InSim's feature to add a sim to the household that would reset the age to something like -99.  The sim continued to age, but since it was something like 74 days until the birthday the age bar never progressed.  I know this was fixed in a beta, and I assume the fix is in the latest release.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2007, 12:56:56 pm »

Your version of Insim could have somehow become corrupted. You could try removing your version completely (delete file alltogether) and redownloading a fresh copy. If that doesn't work, then I would try another version.

The other possibility, if you're at all in the habit of downloading lots, is a hack may have snuck in with the lot download. That can happen without the creators knowledge. I don't have a link handy, but running paladin's hack conflict utility should help. Installing lots with clean installer is good preventative measure too.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Mi-chii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2007, 04:41:05 pm »

Caffeinated.joy, since Im on a Mac, the hack conflict utilty and clean installer doesn't work.

But I removed the SIM-edition I had of InSim, and put the OBJ-edition in instead, now everything works like it should! Cheesy This thread can be closed.

Thank you for your help, everyone!

Join the Animal Army
Call me Michelle
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: