Insimenator.org
April 27, 2024, 08:49:02 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: snowdays  (Read 2592 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
playsimlove

View Profile
« on: April 16, 2007, 08:01:56 pm »

I have a problem with seasons.  In my game I have the weather machine and kids on the lot.  So, I made the adult make it snow and forgot to turn it off.  It was on for a sim week constantly snowing... i was just playing the lot for like an hour at a time or so.  Anyway... the kids kept on having school I wanted them to have a snow day.  How long does it have to snow and after a point the snow stopped piling on it went like a frost then heavy covered in snow... not that it matters but others are talking about snowdays and everything and I want one in my sim game too.  has this happened to anyone else? also now that my seasons has been put on my only other expantion (pets) says that it is uninstalled when I enter the game.  2 problems for the price of one game *Sigh* please help!
Charley

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2007, 03:22:14 am »

I think they are just random. I was playing on my sims, when the computer rebooted itself, went back on my sims and played the same day again and in the morning the kids had a snow day which didn't happen before.

Char
xxx

playsimlove

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2007, 04:00:04 pm »

Maybe that's true.  Is raking leaves and leaf piles random too because I have a constant fall season in my game and I see leafs fall from the trees but no coverage of leafs or options to rake or jump in occur... it pains me to think that maybe my game isn't working properly. *sigh*
jase439

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2007, 04:38:02 pm »

I think its only a 10% chance (assuming the conditions are right) that a snowday will happen.  Moreover, I think the check tests to ensure that its winter too, so making snow in the dead of summer may not qualify.

"Craaaazy...toys in the attic...I am craaaazy...truly gone fishing...they must have taken my marbles away..."
playsimlove

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2007, 07:50:52 pm »

I've tried it in every season and still the same thing... nothing happens Sad oh well I can live with out snowdays... however is there anything I can do to get my pets to work again?
Charley

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2007, 05:14:11 pm »

What is wrong with your pets? if you give details then someone may be able to help you.

Char
xxx

Katwoman214

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2007, 11:49:48 am »

I think the no pets working thing is related to a hack that needs to be updated.  Do you have any hacks in your game?
Tomkat

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2007, 02:40:50 am »

I had something like that happen..I think its unrelated to your problem, but instead of reinstalling the game completely like I usually do with every ep, this time I just whacked Seasons on them all... It used to run OK  (except that all my sim's names were changed to horrible maxis defaults)..
Anyhow, I run a program called tune-up utilities on my pc that clears corrupt files etc (useful!) and I ran that  - it found a bunch of errors with pets, and I "corrected" them, with the result that pets was removed from the game! Not uninstalled, but not  working either...I had to reinstall the game to get everything working smoothly again..
brad2006

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2007, 07:41:55 am »

Yep,with every new EP or SP I usually reinstalled everything,its fun anyway!N tune up utilities won't help finding bugs(these r usually the cause of odd game behavior)

Btw,I had a snow day,not that great,my sim kept having that 'Its snowing!' interaction with the windows
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: