Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 08:09:16 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Too Many Boy Babies...  (Read 6234 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Tomkat

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2007, 08:57:17 am »

As far as I know the game checks which gender your game is more "lacking".  So if you have (for example) 20 females (all sims included, even NPCs & townies) and 10 Males the chances are that you'll be getting a lot of boys.

But its not set in stone, going in and out of the lot until you get what you want still works.

I don't mind boys though, since Im no good at creating good looking male sims, so I tend to have the boys grow up and get married etc to the females I create myself...and produce another generation of good genes..Smiley
Nokomys

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2007, 11:44:13 am »

My game has been doing the same with girls. Out of about every 10-15 sim pregnancies I might get one boy.
Carinthe

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2007, 08:08:09 am »

Quote from: MissDoh;817656
The easiest way around that is to save your lot just before the sim gives birth and reload it until you get the gender you want.

I sometimes even decide the skin colour that way, in case of the parents are of two different races. When the (dark skin) father died, I rather see at least one baby with the father's skin.  I might take 10 or 20 tries, but it works.
The baby's gender and colour is randomly detemined at the end of the birth cinematic.

Ps. My neighbourhood is 95% girls, included NPCs. I don't notice and diference when babies are born.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2007, 08:10:55 am by Carinthe » Logged
bizzygirl71

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2007, 10:56:13 pm »

It is just starting for me too. I am having nothing but boy babies.  I have a daughter (that I made myself) who is married. I hope she has a girl.  I personally have 3 little boys myself (4 real) so I have had my share of males.  lol!!! Mad

I would rather be laughing with the sinners, than crying with the saints:blob6:
dachshundsr4me

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2007, 07:48:29 am »

Well so far I have had one set of twins be boy/girl and one set of twins be all girl. So I have had 3 girls out of 4 babies with one couple. I used insim to make the pregnancy a twin though. I should try to get twins without insim. I wonder how long that takes when you do not use the insim???

miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2007, 08:20:46 am »

Use cheesecake or twojeffs triplet/quad hack.

Rose/Miros
Webmaster of the Wooden Simolean
Charley

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2007, 10:57:06 am »

Cheesecake only works if you have OFB or Seasons.

Char
xxx

Sein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2007, 06:42:26 pm »

yeah, I find it interesting how the genetics play out..... a lot of the time, I get children looking eerily similar to one parent and then the mother is stuck on that track for the rest of the pregnancies. Annoying, but liveable i suppose.

"There is no remedy for love but to love more" - Henry David Thoreau

SuperFake

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2007, 04:40:12 pm »

I'm not sure if there are any laws for the baby's gender, but if there's one, I can't recognize it- I "insimenated" two generations for my new neighborhood (First there were 4 males and 4 females who married), and the first generation were 10 (!) girls and 4 boys- I added 6 males for marriage;) - the 2nd generation were 8 girls and 16(!) boys.
So I got two absolute different (and strange) results without any hacks, cheesecake etc.- but all together it's 20:18 for the boys, which is not so annoying....
« Last Edit: July 31, 2007, 04:47:15 pm by SuperFake » Logged
kimmyfrmtx

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2007, 04:56:19 pm »

Something that I have been doing for a very long time. When I first start the game I go into CAS & click on the gender I want the next baby to be, give the dice a couple clicks, cancel and head on into the house where the expectant mom is.

I haven't actually kept records on it but this method has worked for me probably 95/100 (over many n'hoods)

I would be interested to know if this works for anyone else or just a figment of my imagination.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: