Insimenator.org
April 29, 2024, 12:13:20 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: can't get married?  (Read 3574 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
LadyDanelle

View Profile
« on: September 18, 2005, 08:06:23 pm »

I know someone was just posting about this and it was move to the inteen forum...but I am not using inteen so I'm going to have to ask again
I just tried to get my sim to marry....did the suprise proposal, and then bought a wedding arch but when I clicked on the arch- there was no option available.  Fiencee did not join family, and it says they are engaged on the friends list.
I do have the newest UV version of the insiminator DEST.   Wondering if this is it?  or did I miss something somewhere.
Was able to throw a wedding party- which sucked because there was no wedding!
Any thoughts?

~She was a January girl; She never let on how insane it was~
jase439

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2005, 09:19:48 pm »

Depends on who is doing the proposing and the lot that you're on.  You should be controlling the "proposer" and the "proposer" should be a resident of the lot on which the arch is placed.  You also might have a full lot that is preventing the fiancee from moving in, which in turn is blocking the proposal, in which case you'll need to move someone out first.  Those are things that come to mind off the top of my head.  There's nothing I can think of in InSim that would inhibit the marriage arch.

One common mistake that I see is someone makes a townie or NPC selectable using InSim and then tries to use them to propose marriage to the other sim.  This can never work, because townies and NPC's come from this invisible household with about 50 people in it.  So townies will always fail the marriage/move-in tests.  In this particular circumstance, if you control the other sim (the non-townie sim) and propose marriage the other direction, it will work.

"Craaaazy...toys in the attic...I am craaaazy...truly gone fishing...they must have taken my marbles away..."
LadyDanelle

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2005, 06:26:14 pm »

hmm...
nope was the single character household so the size wasn't the issue- and I was controling that character.
My only thought was that maybe it was because I waited a day to have the wedding party.
That or the fact that I first invited friends over and then had the 2 wedding guests come thinking that like before they would all just attend the wedding.
Perhaps that was the problem.
I'll mess around with it some more and if it works yeah- if not- no loss

jase439

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2005, 06:28:20 pm »

The use of the arch should not be dependent on the wedding party.  I doubt this is the problem.  What can you tell about the two sims in question?  How old are they?  Are they sims you created?  Is either a Maxis sim?  Townie?  NPC?

"Craaaazy...toys in the attic...I am craaaazy...truly gone fishing...they must have taken my marbles away..."
LadyDanelle

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2005, 06:40:35 pm »

Proposer is a created sim.
Proposee is a townie I think  (Jane Stacks) she was dropped on my lawn by the matchmaker.  (which was a good laugh by the way)
I've never seen the girl before so I don't know where she came from- is she a Uni addition?  maybe thats my problem.  Was able to woohoo and so on and all other adult interactions so I'm thinking she's an adult-
Thanks for the help by the way- meant to say that earlier.
I'm not really sweatin this one too much as I am just trying to find out all the little things the new expansion brings in.  But for future I would like to know so that I can get her added to my household

jase439

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2005, 06:43:30 pm »

If she's a university student you won't be able to marry her (unless you have the newest version of InTeen).  Try using InSim to make her selectable and then use the temporal mod to reset her age to adult.

LadyDanelle

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2005, 06:57:25 pm »

I'll try that and see what happens.
thanks!

FLynnRyan

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2007, 12:01:09 pm »

University students can't marry. THAT is the info I was looking for. Not that it make sence, University is usualy the marrying age. Blocking it for teens, I can understand, but YA's? I don't suppose there's a hack out there anyone could point me to to fix this...
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2007, 12:55:31 am »

Post 6 of this thread has it for you.  InTeenimator.  Link's in my siggie.
FLynnRyan

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2007, 01:52:32 am »

Two whole posts away. Naturaly. This is what preconcived notions can get you. I figured it was just a teen pregnancy hack.

THanks again!
oslo_babe

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2007, 07:17:42 am »

can teens get married?i want to see that happen but don't want the age transition to adult.is it possible?
missaaliyah

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2007, 07:57:04 am »

Yes teens can get married with Inteen I think.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: