Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 10:41:55 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: RESOLVED: SimPE help  (Read 1652 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
babyblue1387

View Profile
« on: May 11, 2007, 02:48:34 pm »

Ok, I know you people are getting tired of me, but I'm having trouble with my SimPe. (for some reason, I can't get this screenshot to work, so here's a link to the tutorial. It's the second pic. The one with the SimPe window). For some reason, I can't get the little window on the right to show. I open the file and I get all the info on the left (resources, binary index, etc) but I don't get the detailed view on the right. I've never been able to get that to show up right, and it's really making me angry. Anyone know how to get this detailed window thing to show? You'll be helping (possibly, but more than likely not) the next great mesher get their start!
« Last Edit: May 12, 2007, 10:34:08 am by babyblue1387 » Logged
Auronette

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2007, 07:15:12 pm »

If I am reading this correctly you are looking for the "resource list" window.  Most of the windows are docked on the bottom and right sides of your main screen via small tabs which have their names on them.  If you click on the tab, it should open up in the main window.  

If it's not showing up tabbed, you might try going up to the menu bar at the top of the program screen and selecting "window".  This will list all of the available sub-windows which can be activated.  Select the one you are looking for and then it should automatically dock itself.  Then just click on the tab and it should open up in the main window for you.

Hope that helps... Smiley

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yes, I'd love to share what I've done at other sites. Please don't take it for granted, if you would like to upload my items to other sites, ask me. It may take a little while to get back to you, but you've got a 99.999% chance I'll do i
babyblue1387

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2007, 10:47:45 pm »

Thanks for the reply. I can get the resource list window to show, but not the part on the right where it lists what's in the different...I don't know, formats I guess? If you look at the second pic in the link, there's some stuff on the side where it lists the mesh name (believe that's the part that's highlighted). I can't see that and I don't know why.
Auronette

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2007, 11:23:09 pm »

Hmm, are you getting anything at all listed in the resource list?  I think it may all be there but it's not looking quite like the screenshots in the tutorial because the tutorial hasn't been updated for the latest release of SimPe and they may have changed the way some things are done/displayed.  

When I'm in that mode, I can see the filename for the mesh, but it's not coming up like "Property set: afbodydresslongloose_greyline" but rather just "afbodydresslongloose_greyline".  That might be what's confusing you.  You can also try clicking on the property set link under the "Resource Tree" and it should isolate just mesh for you.  At least that's what it's doing for me.  

Let us know how it's going. Smiley

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yes, I'd love to share what I've done at other sites. Please don't take it for granted, if you would like to upload my items to other sites, ask me. It may take a little while to get back to you, but you've got a 99.999% chance I'll do i
babyblue1387

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2007, 10:33:22 am »

Ok, I'm not too sure what I did (just clicked reset layout) and the desire window showed up! I'm not going to complain, I'll just leave it the way it is. Thanks a lot for your help, you've been a doll!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: