Insimenator.org
April 23, 2024, 04:48:53 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I hope right section :( Att: Kathy/dresses  (Read 2191 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
PegasusDiana

View Profile
« on: May 12, 2007, 03:56:02 am »

I'm very sorry if I put this in the wrong section.

I have been working on those dresses all night, but I cannot get Maxis meshes to allow me to alter the alpha. I tried everything, so I don't know what I am doing wrong. I flooded the part I wanted covered in black, then in white. I did the same on the texture map, then I finally gave up. I did not want this bow, and I wanted the center to curve down and go around the lower part of the back, not go straight across. I tried and tried. Sad

I did do these..the blue one was first, then I did the green one and got it to look a little better, then I did the red one...I'm uploading the package for all three. The bmp is over 3 megs! and all three packages are only a little over 300K so thats what I'm uploading. I hope this is what you need. I think I need to do a step by step tutorial on how to export a mesh in SimPE so I can put it in Milkshape and try to get what I want in there. But I hope I'm on the right track here, my brain hurts. lol

PS Apologies the pictures are not great I compressed them at 15 to keep the kb small. Ok I added one in a lower compression so you can see what it actually looks like.

* Image12.jpg (152.43 KB, 433x636 - viewed 545 times.)
* Dresses.rar (356.41 KB - downloaded 100 times.)

* Image15.jpg (139.89 KB, 694x1024 - viewed 253 times.)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2007, 04:08:05 am by PegasusDiana » Logged

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.
                                         -Luciano de Crescenzo
PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2007, 04:23:25 am »

Thank you very much. I couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong. I am just learning, so I didn't want to use someone's mesh and mess it up. I figured if I killed Maxis mesh, alpha, etc...no one would mind too much. lol

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.
                                         -Luciano de Crescenzo
PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2007, 11:10:49 pm »

Ok can I ask one more question, I did my first mesh tut and it went good I think. lol But just want to double check. Ok if I want to get rid of that bow, I make my little square go to frame selection to blow it up then I can just click on delete right on the nodes I want to get rid of?? Same with that back area to bring it down to just above the lower back. Or should I pull those back nodes down and not get rid of them? I'm really trying to learn this. Just want to double check if I understand this correctly. I like the dress cut, not too tight and not too loose so I was thinking I could alter it a little maybe take off the back stings so it appears tied around the neck...etc. Then I could get the appearance I was really going for.

-Luciano de Crescenzo
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2007, 06:39:47 am »

Is that the dress with that thing on the back?
Saw a tut how to remove that here:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=142305  Its in the 2nd part.
My english aint that good so i could follow your post not that good,im srry

No longer active
PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2007, 07:06:44 am »

Thank you Bloom, I already did this tutorial. I just would like to remove the bow off this dress and lower the back area. So I was wondering if it's basically the same as in the tutorial you directed me too. I'll figure it out. I'm persistent if nothing else Smiley Thank you again.

-Luciano de Crescenzo
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: