Insimenator.org
April 18, 2024, 02:16:18 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help  (Read 1574 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Keyaira107

View Profile
« on: May 12, 2007, 11:54:38 am »

Ok I have four problems and have no clue how to fix them

1).I downloaded some custom food from MTS2 and when i play my game and tell my sims to make food they don't or they make it but theres no animation of them eating it. And none of the custom foods seem to be working.

2).My sims can't use their telephones or their cell phones so now I can't do any phone actions like throwing a party or calling someone.But when someone calls for them they can talk on the phone.

3).I also downloaded Squinge's hula∧ more mod but when I try to put a sim on another sim they will just turn upside down or sideways.Here are some pictures to make it easier to understand
*attached image removed*

4).And my last problem is my sims will just take spontaneous shower's even when thier hygine level is maxed out which is really annoying

if anyone has any soulotions for me please tell i would really apperciate it
thanks ~xoxo keykey
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 12:23:37 pm by caffeinated.joy » Logged

Like my sims check out more pics of themhere
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2007, 04:12:27 pm »

1)I really haven't downloaded any custom food, so I can't help you there, sorry

2)You could have a hack creating a conflict somewhere. The hack conflict utility found here is a good place to start.

3) There are four things I use when posing sims: moveobjects on, boolprop snapobjectstogrid false, boolprop allow45degreeangleofrotation true, and lots and lots of patience. Even with using the three cheat codes above you'll get sims snapping into odd poses. You just have to take your time, have patience, and keep trying.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2007, 07:06:01 pm by caffeinated.joy » Logged

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2007, 05:23:08 pm »

I treat pretty much any of the custom foods as a suspected problem.  I don't think creators of foods pay enough attention to updating them with each new EP/SP.

If preparing and eating food works normally without the custom food, then that particular food was a problem.  The best way to find out which food is a problem is to take them all out, then add them one at a time looking for problems.  The good news is if it works, you can keep that food in your game.   If not, it should be deleted.

While you could have a hack conflict as Joy suggested, I think it's something else.  Being able to receive calls and autonomously answer them, but not being able to make calls or be directed to answer the phone sounds like a custom mesh problem.  I've had similar problems.  It's just a matter of figuring out where you can place the phone so it is usable, or finding out the object that's blocking the phone (Buy mode and trying to move the phone will grab the offending object most of the time).

Posing Sims the way you want for pictures does take a lot of slow movements, patience, and practice.  Good luck with that.

It sounds like you have Seasons with all the spontaneous showers.  In addition to hygiene, sims will shower if they are too hot or too cold I think.  I haven't looked, but Squinge may have a mod to reduce that.  If not, try MATY.
megativity13

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2007, 06:59:18 pm »

Another thing to remember with regards to custom foods is that often they come as multiple files- (usually 2 or even 3 packages) you have to have all of those packages in your downloads folder in order for the custom foods to work properly.

feed the hungry while testing your vocabulary
Keyaira107

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2007, 09:01:26 pm »

thank you so much i'll look into to your solutions

Like my sims check out more pics of themhere
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: