Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 11:12:03 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: How To Make Your Very First 3D Mesh...For Free!  (Read 29869 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
HugeLunatic

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2007, 08:43:03 am »

Or download Foxit, its a lot smaller program and opens quicker.

kalamitykatie

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2008, 10:51:59 am »

Wow!! That was soooo fun! Matt, you are awesome! I have some pictures to show my new vase!
Now, only two questions- how do I change all the file names from my "first 3d object"? and what did I miss that the catalog picture still shows the oriental vase? In other words, I want to make this file "uploadable". Again, thanks soooo much for you hard work! I didn't think I'd ever be able to do this. Here are the pictures:

PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2008, 09:52:56 pm »

Great job Katie! It looks fantastic. Smiley

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.
                                         -Luciano de Crescenzo
kalamitykatie

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2008, 12:32:28 am »

Quote from: PegasusDiana;1143902
Great job Katie! It looks fantastic. Smiley

Thanks! I didn't think I could do this at all! Matt and his wife really did a great job together on this. Now I just have to figure out what to do to this package I made so that I can upload it to share and make some more recolors. :-P
greeneyedsims

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2008, 10:18:28 am »

I appreciate you and your wife's work on this tremendously!  I'm excited to get started on learning how to mesh!  

I also appreciate your teaching the texture part and adding the alternatives to Stage 4.  I use PSP X and I always need help on how to do the texturing part.

FYI:  The link to the Word Document - PSP X - Alternative to Stage 4, is not working.  I got the PDF one instead.

Simmington Hills:  For Sims, By Sims
[/b]
Mooncat
Nutjob
Site Santa!

I feel pretty, oh so pretty!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2008, 04:13:27 pm »

I've never meshed before; to be honest, I never had the desire to because I thought it was so difficult.  But your tutorial made meshing seem so simple as it dove into so much depth and detail, that now I love meshing!!

You deserve a standing ovation for this...and if I wasn't in a wheelchair I would give you one!!!!!

Excellent tutorial!:worship:

"You are what you love, not who loves you..."
Mooncat
Nutjob
Site Santa!

I feel pretty, oh so pretty!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2008, 03:45:07 pm »

Oh yeah...look at the two purty vases I made!

"You are what you love, not who loves you..."
collin2

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2008, 05:54:44 pm »

Great tutorial (only with it I learned)! But there was a problem in my textures.The textures are in 128x128,because I don't have dds.where I can download the dds?
Newtlco

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2008, 03:44:50 am »

thanks a lot ive done mine job Wink

2 ex.

thats what you deserve.
sophisim

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2008, 07:04:53 am »

Been doing the 3D Wings part and it seemes I can not get it right...

If I want to save my work I have done so far in wings and close down the wings program to come back later to continue, in what format do I have to save the file?

Tried to save in wings format after I moved the vase to the central point and just before preparing for texture mapping. When opened the file again and start the adding new material by different colors, the colors are not showing on the vase.

*Found out I need to have Show Materials checked in the View menu* Sorry
« Last Edit: May 23, 2008, 07:51:59 am by sophisim » Logged
Newtlco

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2008, 03:20:07 am »

Quote from: sophisim;1252950
Been doing the 3D Wings part and it seemes I can not get it right...

If I want to save my work I have done so far in wings and close down the wings program to come back later to continue, in what format do I have to save the file?

Tried to save in wings format after I moved the vase to the central point and just before preparing for texture mapping. When opened the file again and start the adding new material by different colors, the colors are not showing on the vase.

*Found out I need to have Show Materials checked in the View menu* Sorry

Wavefront - .obj Wink  But dont click save , click export Wink

thats what you deserve.
Malc68
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2008, 03:26:10 am »

I've been wanting to make objects for a long time and last year while researching, I found a link to this amazingly detailed tutorial at snootysims. And today I find here! Cheesy My sons told me about insimenator.net. Cool site! Excellent work Matt. This tutorial is awesome! It's very easy to follow and I made lots of objects with it. :worship:

I felt compelled to sign up to here and write today, as I was very saddened to read last year on snootysims that Matt had tragically passed on last May. At the time, I wrote a PM to his wife over there expressing my condolences, and she said that it took him a couple months to complete in all, using every spare moment he had, and that he was working on a small update for it at the time he passed. She also said that TSR wouldn't publish it as it was so big in it's complete form. So they knew that this one existed. I noticed on TSR today that someone's written a tutorial based on yours Matt. I don't think it's fair that people other people should copy and take credit for something that Matt had worked so hard on.

In their tutorial, they said that no-one had bothered to sit down and write a step-by-step one, that was written anything in depth using the same programs. Well they didn't do their research properly did they! Otherwise they would've found Matt's very detailed step-by-step one on here and on MTS2.

So I felt it only fair to say something, as Matt's is a ton more detailed and is much better as it's broken down into many different parts. I couldn't bare someone else copying Matt's format. That isn't fair.

I'm going to add a link into my signature on the sites I belong to, to highlight your tutorial, and also to highlight the friendly community of insimenator.net.

God bless you Matt, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 03:33:58 am by Malc68 » Logged
techno_squirrel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2008, 03:31:20 am »

Thank you so much for this tutorial!! I was making clothing meshes, but ive always waited for such a great tutorial to finally start with objects!!
Thanx Cheesy

Check out my Myspace profile
Female jeans & sweaters collection pt1 pt2  pt3

''In the beginning there was nothing, and then, even THAT exploded!''
:old:
mmsbddvr

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2008, 09:24:40 pm »

can't wait to try my own mesh...
Tekku

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2008, 11:47:33 pm »

the downloads for this aren't working :X I tried the pdf and the file is borked, the word doc ones have invalid links

halp~

An  i n t e r s t e l l a r burst .... I'm back to save the universe.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: