Insimenator.org
April 29, 2024, 08:25:01 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How do I use/switch beddings?  (Read 1810 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Penta2

View Profile
« on: May 17, 2007, 08:46:09 am »

Yeah.

All the custom beddings for beds, cribs, etc...

A. How do I install them?
B. How do I switch a bed to them?
C. How do I switch away from them?
babyblue1387

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2007, 09:40:20 am »

The custom bedding is basically like a recolor. When you select the bed that you want, there will be one or two rows. One row will have different color bedding, and the other might have different colors for the bed frame. Just click on the left or right arrows on the little blue thing that pops up and choose the bedding that you want. You can also use the redesign tool (looks like a towel on a ring to me) to change the bedding on a bed that you already bought. To install them, just unzip to the downloads folder like you normally would. For cribs, I'm not so sure. I believe they come as recolors of the entire crib, in which case, you do the same as with the bedding! Hope this helps!
miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2007, 09:41:13 am »

A. Unzip or unrar the file as necessary.  You should have either a Sims2Pack or a Package file.  
A1. Package file: Use Windows Explorer to open My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/ in another window.  If there's no Downloads folder, make one by Right Click in the folder window, New->Folder, then type "Downloads" without the quotes.  Open up the Downloads folder.  I like to make subfolders by creator; if you do this, open up that folder.  Now use the right mouse button to drag the package file to this folder.
A2. Sims2Pack file: Use either CleanInstaller or MultiSims2PackExtractor.
A2A. CleanInstaller:  Once the program has been installed, just double click on the Sims2Pack file and click Install.  
A2B. MultiSims2PackExtractor: Run the program and choose the folder where the Sims2Pack file is.  Click Go.  You'll now have a bunch of Package files.  Follow instructions for Package files.

B1: Already purchased beds: Go into Buy mode.  Click the swatch book.  
B2: Buying new beds: Go into Buy mode.  Choose a bed.  Kind of hover over the thumbnail for the bed.  
B3: Next: You'll see a popup with your installed choices for bedframe color and bedding.  The custom ones are to the left which is counter-intuitive, but then, this is EA/Maxis.  Click the one you want.  You should be able to click on a few to see which one you like best.  When you've got your selection, place it on the lot.

C: Repeat B and pick an ugly Maxis pattern.

Rose/Miros
Webmaster of the Wooden Simolean
Penta2

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2007, 10:03:25 am »

Thanks!
Mi-chii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2007, 03:10:58 pm »

Just want to add that: To make subfolders in the Downloads-folder, you have to have the Nightlife-expansionpack (or later, Im not sure, I just know that the possibilty to have subfolders came with nightlife). If you only have the basegame or university, your downloads wont show up.

Just thought Id add that Smiley

Tied third place in Mr. Insimenator 2007
Join the Animal Army
Call me Michelle
miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2007, 07:35:54 pm »

To put your clothes in subfolders you have to have NL.  Other downloads can go in subfolders with just the base game and Uni.

Rose/Miros
Webmaster of the Wooden Simolean
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: