Insimenator.org
April 27, 2024, 12:01:23 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: How's my idea?
Excellent - 3 (18.8%)
Good - 3 (18.8%)
OK - 8 (50%)
Not so Good - 2 (12.5%)
Horrible - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 14

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Does this sound like a good story idea?  (Read 4124 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
rebelmozzerella

View Profile
« on: May 13, 2007, 03:06:36 pm »

I've always wanted to write a sim story, and I think I have a really good idea. BUT NO ONE STEAL IT!!

Adriana is fifteen years old. Her mom is a famous actress and her dad is a male model. Her mom and dad aren't even married, because they think that their relationship will be destroyed if they get hitched, because almost no celebrity marriage has ever worked out. Adriana has always been disgusted with her parents. Not only that, they never pay attention to her or her two younger sisters, Bailey (4) and Megan (7). Her mom is pregnant again, this time with twins. Adriana is in a rock band called Promised Heartbreak with three of her closest guy friends (who are strictly FRIENDS). I'm thinking several episodes of lots of diffrent things. Like a teenage drama thing. For Episode Uno I think that Adriana should get a boyfriend (whose name is Dylan) who breaks up with her for a preppy little big chested cheerleader. As revenge, Adriana hooks up with a popular football player (Mario?), and when they go on a date, the paparzzi (since she's a celebrity daughter) launch it all over public television and magazines. But Dylan secretly still "loves" her...and plots to kill Mario. Okay, I listed like three episodes in one but whatever so is it good or not?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2007, 01:11:05 pm by rebelmozzerella » Logged

he's the sweat on my sheets (:
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2007, 08:27:52 am »

Not a bad idea, but this I've learned from bitter experience; you need to be able to keep the interest going through the story. My first sim story, a teen drama funnily enough, bombed and that's with various things happening - guess it wasn't as interesting or exciting as another I've got going elsewhere. It's worth giving it a go - oh, another thing is to update regularly, so your heart needs to be in it Smiley

No requests please
AxelVal
Simmysim sim sim

Been away so long

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2007, 12:22:47 pm »

The teen-drama-thing has spawned so many stories - probably the easiest to relate for a lot of Sims players as many are younger.
I think the celebrity-angle might give an interesting aspect though.  Papparazzi make everything funnier somehow.

My Sims don't need to know it's not 2008 anymore.
mizzhyphywifey

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2007, 12:26:57 am »

sounds good to me. u should go for it

nothin\' compares 2 the satisfaction, that i feel when we out mashin\'
sims2lov3r100

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2007, 12:40:57 pm »

It's intriguing to me, do it
pickpock

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2007, 08:20:01 am »

Quote from: BCJHCheerPower;725003
I've always wanted to write a sim story, and I think I have a really good idea. BUT NO ONE STEAL IT!!

Adriana is fifteen years old. Her mom is a famous actress and her dad is a male model. Her mom and dad aren't even married, because they think that their relationship will be destroyed if they get hitched, because almost no celebrity marriage has ever worked out. Adriana has always been disgusted with her parents. Not only that, they never pay attention to her or her two younger sisters, Bailey (4) and Megan (7). Her mom is pregnant again, this time with twins. Adriana is in a rock band called Promised Heartbreak with three of her closest guy friends (who are strictly FRIENDS). I'm thinking several episodes of lots of diffrent things. Like a teenage drama thing. For Episode Uno I think that Adriana should get a boyfriend (whose name is Dylan) who breaks up with her for a preppy little big chested cheerleader. As revenge, Adriana hooks up with a popular football player (Mario?), and when they go on a date, the paparzzi (since she's a celebrity daughter) launch it all over public television and magazines. But Dylan secretly still loves her...and plots to kill Mario. Okay, I listed like three episodes in one but whatever so is it good or not?

If you ask me, lol, which you kinda did since you asked everyone ^^
If you want it to be a good story, I hope you've given your characters more of a history than the part you've shown us. Giving someone a history is something that makes them come alive to the reader/viewer ^^
Here's a few tips, just incase you hadn't already thought about it Grin

- Why is Adriana disgusted with her parents?
- Why aren't they paying attention to her and the other siblings
- Who takes care of Adriana and her younger siblings if her parents doesn't.
- Why aren't she interested in any how her guy friends, have she ever dated one of them, and how long have they known each other
- Does the girl have any close girlfriends, or if not, why
- Why is Dylan supposed to dump the daughter of a famous actress for a cheerleader, lol, no matter how big breasted (and especially if he really loves her)
- Does she like the football player or is she just using him. And vice versa ^^
- And shouldn't the tabloids go crazy when they get a hold of the drama, lol
-Does she go to a normal school even though her parents are famous
-If her mother is so famous that her daughter is first class photo material, how can she afford taking so much time of to have children all the time? lol

I probably over did it, ^^, but good luck!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Come on! You know you want to... Join!

The Plot Thickens! It now contains: 1 broken chainsaw, 1 fishes ( I got hungry), 1/2 a bottle of rum (and thirsty too!) and way to many things keeping me away from the computer.
rebelmozzerella

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2007, 01:13:12 pm »

No, no, you didn't, this is exactly what I wanted! The answers to your questions:

- Why is Adriana disgusted with her parents? This is mainly because they have a slew of children but refuse to get married, and also that they don't care about any of the children.
- Why aren't they paying attention to her and the other siblings? Because they're stuck up and the only thing they care about is their fame and their fortune. The kids were accidents, if you know what I mean. Wink
- Who takes care of Adriana and her younger siblings if her parents doesn't? Adriana does. She's the oldest, so she's responsible for taking care of them.
- Why aren't she interested in any how her guy friends, have she ever dated one of them, and how long have they known each other? Because she's not interested in having a boyfriend; no she's never dated one; and they've known each other for six years.
- Does the girl have any close girlfriends, or if not, why? No, because the girls at her school are stuck up and only are interested in her because she's the daughter of famous and rich people.
- Why is Dylan supposed to dump the daughter of a famous actress for a cheerleader, lol, no matter how big breasted (and especially if he really loves her)? He doesn't love her, but only thought she was sluttish because she was rich (kind of like a Paris Hilton stereotype). She never realized that he was just playing her.
- Does she like the football player or is she just using him. And vice versa ^^ She doesn't like the footbal player, she is just using him, and the football player just wants to get her money, like Dylan did.
- And shouldn't the tabloids go crazy when they get a hold of the drama, lol? That's exactly what they do.
-Does she go to a normal school even though her parents are famous? She goes to private school, but most kids go there because the local schools are very trashy.
-If her mother is so famous that her daughter is first class photo material, how can she afford taking so much time off to have children all the time? She doesn't take time "off". She can play a pregnant women in movies (she's done a few) and takes only the last month off. After that she goes back to work until she gets pregnant again. And remember, people typically get more famous if they get pregnant (i.g. Angelina Jolie)

he's the sweat on my sheets (:
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: