Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 11:44:17 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Seasons EP....Is it worth it??  (Read 2255 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Crazee2ya

View Profile
« on: May 14, 2007, 06:15:46 pm »

I have NL, University, OFB, and Pets and after Open for business I started to notice the gameplay getting slower obviously because of the EP's. So I was hesitant to get Pets because I really don't care for the pets part but I love the little upgrades you get with it so thats why I got it. To my disappointment it wasn't much.

So now apart of me wants to get Seasons but I'm just afraid it's going to be so slow! I know my computer memory and stuff has to do with it also but I don't plan on upgrading that at the moment. I just picture it to start snowing or whatever it does and the game just dies on me lol
I love getting the EP's when they come out but after Pets I'm not too happy with spending $30+ on not getting that much of a difference.

So I guess my questions are
Does the game slow down a lot more? (I expect it too a little bit but is it more than my already overloaded computer can handle?)
Is there any more to offer?? (The changing of seasons is cute, but what else does it do?)
I read the details on Sims2.com and it seems like there is but then they often highlight the mains things then say something like "75+ new things" and I always think thats a lie lol
Rue

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2007, 09:04:06 pm »

Well, in my opinion it´s one of the best EP´s. You actually get some new objects clothing-wise and furniture-wise that are not ugly... You get the seasons of course which is great, and you get lovely new things that I personally wanted in my game for ages, such as the waterslides, the skating rings - great for storytelling, photoshooting etc. You get new interactions... new hobbies like fishing, etc. And new animation that are really nicely done (f.e. when a sim is freezing, hehe). You can harvest trees and use what you get without having to have hacked trees. Then there´s the Plantsim thingy which is really adorable AND in comparison to the maxis zombie skin, vampire skin or werewolf, they look lovely without replacements. And then there´s this great option I really really wanted (and that for some reason doesn´t work for me but I hope it gets fixed) is the ability to assign hairstyles to certain types of clothing. I was really excited about that because changing it yourself is a bit lenghty - waiting for it to load everytime you change the sims appearance, so, would be definitely nice to just change to formal clothing and have an updo. If you like the sims working, there are actually interesting careers as opposed to the normal doctor etc (explorer, journalist, gamer, musician...) which was nice for me too, as I used to have a lot of downoaded careers but they messed my game so I had to get rid of them. Plus the supercute penguin tops it all. I think you´ll love it, it´s def the best EP for me, besides NL.

Now...eh does it slow down the game a lot, I don´t really know. My game slowed down quite a lot when I installed it, but I installed it together with Pets, so it was double the trouble and I cannot say which EP causes it. People say though that Season fixes some bugs that stayed after the Pets EP, so it may be even helpful in that sense.

Read my story:
Awakening
Thiede won the spot of bassist in: http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=27739 WHITE CLAUDIA
dackerman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2007, 11:32:59 pm »

I am running a gateway with 1.5GB memory and a 512GB vidio card and i only had a problem when the sprinklers came on. Once I got rid of them it worked great. Love all the extras. I agree with you about the Pets EP. My buddy has a Dell that is about half of what I'm running has all the EPs also and noticed that his really slowed down untill he got rid of all his old neighborhoods that he had played the heck out off and started over. He seemed to think maybe the houses had too much memory in them. I don't know but it helped him. If you upgrade a little at a time, it really doesn't cost alot. It helps if you can do it yourself . 1GB memory should be less them $100.00 and takes about 10 minutes to put in.

I'm not getting older... life is just going faster !!
Nokomys

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2007, 02:36:00 pm »

Truth be known I didn't think I really wanted Seasons. However, I'm such an addict I'll pretty much buy any EP/SP that comes out.

I LOVE SEASONS! Love it. My personal opinion is that it is the best EP yet.
There really is a lot new to enjoy in this one.
Crazee2ya

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2007, 04:11:20 pm »

I have a gateway also! (As far as the memory and RAM etc I don't know it off the top of my head)
Well after reading all of your replies
and seeing some other people's post about how this is their favorite one I got it! I am going to install it tonight and hopefully everything will work out Smiley
Ugh @ Maxis and KNOWING some people are addicted to EPs..I'm going broke!

Thanks for replying!!
Mado

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2007, 02:02:54 am »

It definately slowed down my game proformance and I think it messed up the viewing neighbors option (the houses are all blurry) but I love the new objects and seasons!

[COLOR=MediumTurquoise]
Nothing is a mistake. Everything is meant to be.[/COLOR]

:lurk: I like to lurk around the sims 2 boards, so if you see me on one, feel free to say hello! ~Mado.
Kiittyfartz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2007, 08:25:19 pm »

I have read so much negative forums here and others that pets is a problem riddled program. It does not seem to have all the bugs worked out. think it was released before it was properly checked. EA said the hell with it and shipped. A lot of people have complained.
As for "Seasons" IT ROCKS!!
There is so much more to play with. I got it and love it. I am sleep deprived playing it!!! It was worth the cash

The next expansion looks cool too. Vacation time!!! yeah buddy I will sit back and wait a month or tow after its release and see how people like it and how many problems there are before I buy!!!>.....

"Have a great day you worthless turd.!"

:wav:
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2007, 09:52:18 pm »

Seasons ep is a definite yes, it is adding so much to the game.

It is my fav. ep right after Nightlife.  Way better than the Pet ep IMHO.

I have an old P4 2.0ghz 1 gig of memory and a good videocard and I can still run the game without problems.  I am not a download addict though. :tongue:
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: