Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 09:50:59 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: HELP! Saving lots.  (Read 1751 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Rue

View Profile
« on: May 14, 2007, 10:52:04 pm »

I was wondering, is there a way to save (pack) lots except for saving them ingame?
With simpe perhaps? How do I do it?

Read my story:
Awakening
Thiede won the spot of bassist in: http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=27739 WHITE CLAUDIA
Vampyre

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2007, 11:13:44 pm »

If you have windows simply copy the neighborhood files to a different location  and you have a backup.

Just copy the N00* (where the * is the number of the neighborhood file) from your neighborhoods folder to whatever location you want to keep it.  A CD makes great sense.

----
Rue

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2007, 12:05:08 am »

I dont want a backup of the neighbourhood, I want the lots separately.
I am going to disard the neighbourhood because it is damaged and restarts my pc, but I don´t want to loose all the work on the lots. I packed the sims with simpe.

Read my story:
Awakening
Thiede won the spot of bassist in: http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=27739 WHITE CLAUDIA
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2007, 01:18:27 am »

The 'hood files you need are in C:\Documents and Settings\Ric\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Neighborhoods\N001\Lots (or N002, N003, G001, etc).  This folder contains all of the lots placed in your neighborhood.  I've never done anything with these files, so I can't say what you will get after you reinstall as far as furniture and the like or if the hood would even recognize them.  If you can get into the game, packaging that way is the safest.

Nice to see you back Vampyre.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2007, 01:49:48 am by ancienthighway » Logged
Rue

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2007, 11:19:12 am »

See I need the lots packed, but I cannot do it in the game, although I can get into it. My game has this terrible problem that in certain neighbourhoods, it restarts the pc when I stay in the neighbourhood view screen longer than about a minute. For packing a lot in the game, more than a minute is needed and the game explodes before I succeed. That is also why I want to get rid of those neighbourhoods and bring those sims and lots into new ones. I won´t reinstall because it won´t help me, when I reinstall and load the old saved game and neighbourhoods back, the troubles will also be back.

Read my story:
Awakening
Vampyre

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2007, 12:04:05 pm »

Quote from: ancienthighway;727282

Nice to see you back Vampyre.

I never left.   Did you blink? Smiley

I haven't hit the help threads very often is all.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: