Insimenator.org
April 23, 2024, 11:04:07 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: ModTheSims  (Read 16659 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Phantom

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2006, 11:55:09 pm »

Hi Kathy,
I own you one, will try later. You are a real angel.

Keeper of the skull collection
"Ghost Who Walks Will Never Die".
Melissa

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2006, 05:42:46 pm »

Quote from: nova-storm
I and most of the mod here on Insim are friends with many of the admin, mod over at MTS2. If you knew what They have to deal with and How larg there FREE site is you would not be so quick to as negitive things about it. I think it is an an awsome site with many many wounderful Mod/admins that care about how the site looks and how easy it is for you to navigate. If you cant log in for a few day.. oh well move on to see some of the many other sim sites out there. then come back. They  might have been  fixing things to make the FREE site mor3 user friendly. I have been a member there for 1 yr now and have see in grow and grow and grow. They do not charge any one for any of the items on there and treat each and  up load as if it were the next best thing. The teach ppl how to  make new items and Make the tools you need to do it. So I do not want to see one bad word said about  MTS2 or any other free DL site here.

On that note! Thank You Insim and MTS2 and all the other awsome sitea and PPl out there for giving us all the wounderful FREE sites out there to DL things for a silly game!

I didnt say anything bad about them, I just wondered why it was down like two weeks ago. I have issues with my internet lately, so I wondered if it was that so I could get right on it.

I realize they work hard over there to run a free site and I would never say a bad word against them. If thats what everyone is assuming, I am sorry but I was just wondering if anyone else had the issue I did so like I said, I could fix it myself if I could.

Anyway, before I get into it here, I will bid adieu. I agree with the end of that post, the thank you part, that goes for me too, a lot of brilliant work over there.

Melissa
nova-storm

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2006, 11:26:42 pm »

Quote from: PrincessSkyWalker
I didnt say anything bad about them, I just wondered why it was down like two weeks ago. I have issues with my internet lately, so I wondered if it was that so I could get right on it.

I realize they work hard over there to run a free site and I would never say a bad word against them. If thats what everyone is assuming, I am sorry but I was just wondering if anyone else had the issue I did so like I said, I could fix it myself if I could.

Anyway, before I get into it here, I will bid adieu. I agree with the end of that post, the thank you part, that goes for me too, a lot of brilliant work over there.

Melissa

Lol I did not think you had, but I could se that this thread could head south fast if we did not make it clear that Mts2 is a great place and we think that as well Wink You said nothing worng sorry if you felt I was talking to you. There have just been a few ppl on here in the past that have said rude things about other site's, so best to nipp it in the butt before it sarts :group hu:

:happy8:A closed mouth gathers no foot. :smile:
resistance is futile you will be assimilated
Melissa

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2006, 05:58:30 pm »

Yeah i've seen it at work already  on another thread on here. WOW. No offense taken, I just thought I might have said something bitchy and didnt mean too. LOL
jjsmith

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2006, 07:43:18 am »

umm, has the url changed? cause  i can't get there at all. all i keep getting is an error message about the url. it's been in my favourites all this time so it should still be working but it's not.

The AA needs you
don't take life too seriously. you never get out of it alive :tongue5:http://iratebermy.tripod.com/
Sleepycat

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2006, 08:08:55 am »

working for me

http://forums.modthesims2.com/

Crazy Town - home of my Sim stories & SC4 Terrains, Sims, hairy Skintones and some clothes & stuff.
Simbology
Goofyblonde

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2006, 08:01:11 am »

Mod the sims is usually my start page but sometimes i cant get in depending on time of day. Peak hours for people to be online is usually my problem. So i just keep trying every few minutes.Weekends and Fridays are the worst
Melissa

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2006, 01:27:48 pm »

yeah MTS2 hasn't given me one issue since that one time they were working on it. That is my other favorite site, next to this one. I don't know what I would do without it...it feels weird not being on it lately because my good system that plays the Sims 2 died. But When its time again, look out, downloading and thanking heaven...

-Melissa
fytj

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2008, 12:33:45 pm »

First of all, I'd like to point out that I am NOT complaining about Mod The Sims. I know it is a lot of work for the MTS mods and admins and, like a lot of other people, I appreciate it a lot and admire them. If I am posting here, it is only because I felt relieved when I found out that other people were having problems too. First i thought the problem came from me but now I know I'm not the only one. Also, maybe some of the problems I encounter actually have a solution and I don't know of it so if you guys notice anything weird in the description of my problems, please tell me. Advice is also welcome! Wink
1) The site has been very slow for me. It sometimes doesn't even load at all and I'm redirected to my internet provider's site.
2) I can't unzip files sometimes and have to redownload them several times before they actually work. I have already tried reinstalling winrar but it didn't help. Also, I have only encountered this problem with files downloaded from mod the sims. This is frustrating especially since I can't use Qxpress. Meaning if I download like 40 files to extract them manually, about 15 will not work and I'll have to search for them again.
3) I can't access mod the sims on firefox AT ALL. Instead, I have to use the internet explorer which I really dislike. Is there any solution for this or is it normal?

My computer is brand new, working perfectly and virus free. I have already emptied the cahe and my cookies but nothing helped. Please note that I use DSL and Windows Vista. I've been on MTS for about two years now without these problems and suddenly they pop up. I used to use the msn explorer before but switched to firefox because I find it more stable. Is there a problem with my computer, firefox, winrar or just MTS?
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2008, 07:44:27 pm »

They're aware of the problem and are working on it. It is their server, it is getting fixed. Nothing to do but wait it out and be patient.

fytj

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2008, 08:10:12 pm »

But what I worry about is the fact that on the announcement page, Delphy said on the 29th that the server has already been fixed. It still doesn't work for me, though. Today I tried downloading a house 27 times! I also tried on my old computer but nothing works. Now if it is a server problem I understand, but since they say their server is fixed I don't really know what to think. Do other people still have problems or is it just me? :?:
PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2008, 09:18:50 pm »

It's still running really slow for me also. Maybe they had other problems? I had to download the recolors of the new teddy bears about 10 times and still didn't work so I gave up. It's not the downloads that are slow for me though. Usually it's the thumbnails, but for the past few days it's been even the pages are loading really slow. Thumbnails or not. And right now I'm loosing more downloads. We'll just have to be patient we knew he was having a problem. Maybe it's taking longer to tranfer all the data then he originally thought.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 09:20:58 pm by PegasusDiana » Logged

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.
                                         -Luciano de Crescenzo
maniac19642003
« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2008, 10:08:35 pm »

I had to download some curtains there a few times as well before they were completed earlier tonight.
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2008, 10:40:52 pm »

I think the reason why they were so slow is that they were changing the layout for their April Fools celebration-it's up to speed, and working fine. Be forwarned, though..it is different.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: