Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 04:38:33 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: something weird last time I used SimPE  (Read 2782 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Scruff

View Profile
« on: May 16, 2007, 12:30:04 am »

Every sim in my neighborhood- including neighborhoods I haven't played in months- were all "unknown." Their indivual images were all potato heads. I have no idea how this could have happened- no power failures or game crashes, nothing weird while saving or shutting down the game.

I tried uninstalling SimPE and redownloading it which did not help at all.

Could it be a strange side effect of something I downloaded?
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2007, 01:09:52 am »

The important question is whether the sims in game are showing the proper memories and friends.  If they are all with Unknown, you probably have a bad 'hood.  

Try going to a fresh 'hood also.  Create new families and create some friendships.  Then go into SimPE and look at that 'hood to see if you have the same problem.
Scruff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2007, 11:36:57 am »

In game, everything looks normal- normal memories, nothing unusual.  In SimPE, when I use the left side menu, click on sims, the names of every sim is "unknown". Under Neighborhood memories- there's nothing- completely blank. Under the pull down menu from the top under neighborhoods where it says Sim discription- blank, no sims listed. Under households- every sim in the household is "unknown". If I click on an unknown sim- they still have their skills, jobs, personality, aspirations- but they're potato heads with no friends or connections to any other sims. I haven't created a new neighborhood yet to test that, but thought I would clarify a bit on what I've found so far.
miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2007, 06:36:36 pm »

Did you open the Neighborhood package or did you go through the Neighborhood Browser?  I think I heard that happens if you just open the Neighborhood package.

Rose/Miros
Webmaster of the Wooden Simolean
Scruff

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2007, 08:58:25 pm »

I had been trying opening from the neighborhood browser, but after reading the above, I tried opening the package and had the same result. I still haven't tried emptying the downloads folder.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2007, 09:01:05 pm »

What neighborhood are you trying to open?  If you aren't opening the main neighborhood then you'll have unknowns.  All of the sims are kept in the main 'hood's file.
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2007, 10:06:07 pm »

Do you have "No Meta Informations" checked under the "Extra" menu?  If so, un-check it.

Scruff

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2007, 09:45:49 pm »

ancienthighway- it was happening in every neighborhood.

TenshiiAkari12 - that was the ticket! Thank you so much!

Problem solved.
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2007, 09:11:18 pm »

Glad I could help.  :angel:

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: