Insimenator.org
April 28, 2024, 09:45:59 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: first time problem  (Read 1867 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
hotrod50s

View Profile
« on: May 18, 2007, 05:49:22 am »

i have had an unusual experience and am not sure how it happened,i moved a man,his wife,and son and daughter out,ok so far np,but the son and mother didn't make the move,they completely vanished,i have never had that problem before and can't find them anywhere,any idea,suggestions,or clues as to how this happened,
all of them were born in game so recreating them will be hard,the mother was the only daughter of now dead sims,i rarely bring them back once they die.

if this has happened to anyone else i would like to know if and how you fixed it.i wasn't aware this was even possible,thier pics still show up in family ties but sim doesn't exist anymore.

only reason i wanted this particular family was as part of a story i was working on now this fouled up the entire plot.

you can offer help by either posting the solution here or by pm your choice,i haven't noticed anyone else posting about this happening so hopefully this was a one time issue.

i'm an insim addict
welcome back kathy and eric we missed you
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2007, 10:12:32 am »

Try the restore family feature from InSimenator's Summoner.  If this doesn't work take a look at SimPE to see if the missing family members are still around.  You may have a chance at recovering them that way also.  But if the Summoner doesn't work, chances are they are gone.
hotrod50s

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2007, 04:17:16 pm »

the summoner worked on the mom but she was non selectable as if she were a ghost so my hunch is they are gone thanks ancient highway,i tried that first for 2 hours trying to get them back i guess the game hiccupped and swallowed them up lol

i'm an insim addict
KacoshiAjewl

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2007, 08:31:50 pm »

If shes non- slecetable use the user controls and click the target sim subheading then click the one that says enable selectable >,> not sure if that is the correct name...but the click her and click selectable then make selectable and then you can use her again

"You told me today...that the demons are the good ones...then why do the angels try so hard to be good?"
"They say Angels are perfict...well I dont belive that Propganda spread by there leader the Dark witch..."
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2007, 09:05:27 pm »

If she is a ghost, you can use the Mortality Adjuster from InSim to resurrect her.
hotrod50s

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2007, 07:17:51 am »

well the first family lost the two sims completely they are nowhere to be found,i created a new neighborhood and had the exact same thing happen.it seems that for some reason if a toddler is involved with a move out they get stuck,but this time i was able to retrieve them with an easy quick fix.none of the insim things could detect them,jmp's lot debugger couldn't detect them so i simply left the lot without saving and fixed it that way.

then aged the toddlers to children,moved them out with no problem whatsoever.

so far me i guess if there is a toddler to be moved out i either have to age them to children or wait for them to age on their own,my guess is something is conflicting with part of inteen,since i haven't seen anyone else having this problem i see no point mentioning it to jase since it is more then likely something conflicting with inteen rather then with inteen itself.

for me i have found a work around but can't find what the cause is,it isn't a major problem now that i do have a working solution but i would like to know how to find the cause,conflict detector thing didn't find anything.

for now i will not move anyone with a toddler out,even though when they move out of uni it works fine,only causes problems in the main neighborhood

any ideas or suggestions of what may be the cause?

also if anyone else has this happen please feel free to share what happened and what you did to fix it.as far as i can tell it seems to be only in my game
lol i don't want to have a unique problem that noone else gets to have the fun of figuring out lol.

oh please don't ask for a list of hacks and mods lol that would take days to list,i did filter out the ones that were showing up as conflicts with whatever that thing palidin place has but still didn't fix it.

i know what it is not it is not insim or inteen related but rather a possible conflict with part of inteen.

since i don't know how to read the codes and don't know of any move in or out hacks installed i can't figure out what else could possibly conflict.

the one really confusing part is that they appear to not be a member of the family,have no memory and no relations,unless i exit w/o saving and reenter
lol like i said it is a fun problem trying to find the cause lol thanks ancient highway i tried everything you suggested but it still didn't work usually i can fix things with insim*shrugs*lol not sure how to do it when insim don't fix it.

ok i got the latest version of simpe and found the missing 2 sims it says no character data on both and has moved them to default family.ok i know that there is supposed to be a way to fix that from there but have no idea how any ideas?
« Last Edit: May 31, 2007, 03:58:52 pm by hotrod50s » Logged

i'm an insim addict
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: