Insimenator.org
April 18, 2024, 04:27:58 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: new at story telling please help  (Read 3416 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
mizzhyphywifey

View Profile
« on: May 18, 2007, 02:58:03 pm »

okay so im frustrated. lol. first of all it sucks because you cant use boolprop on a community lot, unless theres a way and i missed it. also i cant get rid of the thought bubbles. also, i need to know how people get their sims to do all these great poses. i already have the hula one, and all the things that came with it, but im sure there is more out there. i need like a good tutorial for story telling, and some good sites for story telling objects and things. any help would be appreciated! thanks.

one more thing does anyone know anything about the allmenu cheat heres the link. http://www.jd-movies.com/allmenus.php
i want to make sure it wont crash my game if i try it and i dont have a ts data folder that its talking about!

nothin\' compares 2 the satisfaction, that i feel when we out mashin\'
babyblue1387

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2007, 05:55:05 pm »

When I do my stories, first and foremost, I must have the insimenator. It is a must have and will bybass the whole boolProp cheats (don't have to type out any long cheat either Wink). To get rid of the thought bubbles use showHeadlines [on/off]. This will also get rid of the messages that show up on the right side of the screen (like...a schoolbus will arrive in an hour, X needs to be at work in an hour, etc). Key objects are: talk overlay hack, talk sitting hack, Aikea's animation paintings of chaos and doom, and bedlam and catastrophe. Make sure you have the hula & more for toddlers too. Oh, and slowMotions really helps for timing that perfect shot. I believe it's slowMotions [1-10] with 10 being the slowest. That's all I can think of right now, but others are welcome to add to this. About the objects: it all depends on what type of story you're trying to do. I usually think of the story, think of anything extra I'll need, such as certain style clothing, or objects, then go download.
mizzhyphywifey

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2007, 06:42:48 pm »

thank you so much all the info is really helpful! i have the insimanator but i didnt know it had poses on it too. thats the main thing i use boolprop for. i find community lots hard to do for a few reasons. u cant turn on move objects and the angle is weird. i dont get why its like that

nothin\' compares 2 the satisfaction, that i feel when we out mashin\'
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2007, 07:15:34 pm »

InSim doesn't have any poses on it.  Instead it is useful for keeping motives up, bringing people to the lot you need to have there, establishing relationships when needed, etc.
Rogue777

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2007, 07:17:14 pm »

Yes, and turning off lot jealousy. Don't forget about that one! It's very important when you're playing around with those relationships.
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2007, 08:36:19 pm »

Thanks trigger Tongue

If you have a question about my mods post it here
Rogue777

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2007, 09:03:31 pm »

And wouldn't it be great if you could get the Sims to shake hands on command?

Cheesy
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2007, 09:05:57 pm »

:rofl: lmfao

Rogue777

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2007, 09:50:14 pm »

I'm gonna cry, Squinge, I mean it!
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2007, 10:01:07 pm »

I will email you the modified hula & you tell me if it works for you, it looks wierd to me when they shake hands Smiley

Rogue777

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2007, 10:05:10 pm »

OK, deal! I only need it for still pics, so if the animation looks weird, it's probably okay for my purposes.

Thanks! *hugs*
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2007, 10:09:18 pm »

Your welcome & sent Cheesy

mizzhyphywifey

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2007, 03:57:54 pm »

hey i want that! lol