Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 05:55:18 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can you change skintone in-game?  (Read 6294 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
IDescend

View Profile
« on: February 17, 2006, 12:40:30 am »

Hello all,

There may be something out there already that can do this and if there is I apologize, but can you change a sim's skintone in-game???  I have a very fair complexion in real life :pale:, but the skintone that I chose for my sim makes me look a bit like a zombie and frankly it's creeping me out a bit :evil5:  

Thanks!

:read2: The Craving by Amy Ray-Hutchins, my new Novella about self-mutilation, available now at Amazon.com & other online sites!
jase439

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2006, 09:58:22 am »

You can't do it in-game (not to my knowledge anyway), but you can use SimPE's Sim Surgery to change the skin tone of any sim.

"Craaaazy...toys in the attic...I am craaaazy...truly gone fishing...they must have taken my marbles away..."
XPTL297

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2006, 01:23:14 pm »

If you are talking about a custom skin that you used and got disappointed with it, well, if you can deal with custom skins self, open the skin (custom) you have in SimPe. Export all the LIFOs. Open your favourite Paint Program and play with colors. Note: It's better your paint program can deal with layers and have possibility to work with tones curves, because you have to make exactly the same color changes in all items. It's stone break work but it is called replacement package.
As soon as you get One Replacement Package you can change it how many times you want at your own present mood. Modifications done in replacement packages have immediate effect in-game and does not involve any manipulation of characters. You can even replace a Maxis skin if you want.
IDescend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2006, 11:07:34 pm »

:hello2: Thanks for the replies!  I finally downloaded SimPE last night, but I wasn't feeling too hot and my patience wasn't the greatest, so I somehow failed to load the custom skins that I have downloaded (you can do this, right??) and when I went to do "Surgery" on my sim, it only gave me a small pregenerated list of skintones. At this point, I think I'll just put some heavy blush on her, lol.

:read2: The Craving by Amy Ray-Hutchins, my new Novella about self-mutilation, available now at Amazon.com & other online sites!
jase439

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2006, 11:26:51 pm »

The best way to do it, is to create a "prototype" sim in CAS with the genetic features and custom skins that you want on your target sim.  Then when you go into SimPE Sim Surgery, you will have the option to clone/copy various DNA elements of the prototype sim to your target sim.

"Craaaazy...toys in the attic...I am craaaazy...truly gone fishing...they must have taken my marbles away..."
XPTL297

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2006, 11:21:27 am »

As this procedure has been widely used, I would like to place a warning to users so that they know what happened, well, when it happens.
It seems to be an inconsistence in the features replacement done via SimSurgery or other physical manipulations on Sims. You can create a second Sim for surgery purpose but you can end-up with a Sim that has somewhat rubber face (distorts when the Sims speaks or laugh or any facial movements)
There are some files in the Sims chars features that still cannot be edited. Replace items in use causes that the reference to those items is simply erased from the directory of material used. It does not recover. Furthermore, including items via SimPe multiplies the size of character file. Still unknown what kind of garbage is collected on the characters but the size increases on too fast speed. It seems that the game does not get rid of add-ons that were removed from use. Many people has been claiming of characters that suddenly become unplayable for no apparent reason.
I make extreme tests in the game and suddenly I found out that my game was 7.8Gb big being that my downloads folder is only 500Mb and I have only two extra Test 'hoods that I know the size.
I ended-up finding out that I had 5.6GB garbage collected in the game.
Buffalo4abuck

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2007, 09:53:38 pm »

Quote from: IDescend;53841
Hello all,

There may be something out there already that can do this and if there is I apologize, but can you change a sim's skintone in-game???  I have a very fair complexion in real life :pale:, but the skintone that I chose for my sim makes me look a bit like a zombie and frankly it's creeping me out a bit :evil5:  

Thanks!

I think Christanlov has something like that. i may not have spelled the name right, but i think its something like that...:sad1:
wawayaya

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2007, 12:37:28 am »

Buffalo4abuck is correct; Christianlov's skintone changer can be found at the graveyard, but I heard it's been off recently.
Wednesday17

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2007, 07:39:13 am »

It's on again! Cheesy
I've been waiting for the graveyard to come up again, too because I wanted that skintone changer.
Now that you reminded me: graveyard
SVT

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2007, 07:58:37 am »

Hasn't it been uploaded on mts2?

:stop:SECUROM MUST BE DESTROYED:stop:
Wednesday17

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2007, 09:04:54 am »

Originally, yes. But Christianlov deleted all uploads on MTS2 and now the only way to get ahold of the stuff is at the graveyard. And they are really good items.
cocosims86

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2008, 03:35:04 pm »

i have the changer, but it does not allow me to change custom skins. i also downloaded the copy mirror. what am i doring wrong?
cocosims86

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2008, 03:36:26 pm »

excuse me, doing*
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2008, 08:33:26 pm »

If you go to MTS now, and look under his name, ChristianLov has updated his skintone changer and has detailed instructions on how to use it. He has updated a few of his other mods as well. He has returned as an active creator.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2008, 08:35:15 pm by MaryH » Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: