Insimenator.org
April 18, 2024, 12:39:18 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Gina Torres - Zoe on Firefly, OPINIONS NEEDED!!  (Read 6387 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Jagerjaques
Hollow

Grimmjow

View Profile
« on: May 18, 2007, 09:16:13 pm »

This is Zoe, from Firefly.  She may still need work, and if someone can point me in the right direction for suitable hair, I'll be so happy.  Please leave some constructive criticism.  Thanks!!

* Gina.jpg (98.69 KB, 567x600 - viewed 1570 times.)
Nymphy
Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2007, 05:53:33 am »

Hey Bren :] I used to do celeb sims, and it is sooo hard to get a good resemblance. You are doing great so far!

By using this pic as reference, I'd say:
*make her lips widerand plumper  by 2 clicks,
*rotate her eyes up by one click
*make the chin a tad bit wider

As for the hair...you need something which will show her forehead...I cant think of a hair that is right at the moment >.< Sorry

Hope some of that helps Cheesy

Jagerjaques
Hollow

Grimmjow

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2007, 04:42:51 pm »

Thanks, babe!!
weetzie

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2007, 10:51:02 am »

I kept wondering how/when you were going to do her... I think she's one of the hardest of the cast!

I don't think you should rotate her eyes, but lift the corners a bit, perhaps. The jaw needs to be a click or two wider, and her lips (along with a couple clicks fuller) could be just a hair wider.

You've done a great job thus far!

Coffee coffee coffee! Come on and drink it up!
Coffee coffee coffee! Nirvana in a cup!
I used to be a peon, just a worthless wad of gristle
'Til I replaced my brain cells with instant Folger's crystals!
Jagerjaques
Hollow

Grimmjow

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2007, 11:21:14 am »

Yeah, she was exceptionally hard to do...LOL
sashimidragon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2007, 02:13:54 am »

Hey, she looks great so far.

But I agree with the previous comments about widening the chin and lips and everything.  I also think the bridge of her nose should be one click smaller, while the nostrils should be a click or two wider.

Hair is always the hardest for me, because I get really particular about it.  I will definitely keep my eyes open for anything appropriate.  XMSims has some good stuff, if you haven't already looked there.

Anyway, nice job.  You definitely make the best Firefly sims.  Thanks for all your hard work.

Zoe: "Preacher, don't the Bible have some pretty specific things to say about killing?
Book: "Quite specific. It is, however, somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps."
http://fireflyfans.net/
Jagerjaques
Hollow

Grimmjow

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2007, 02:16:12 am »

Thanks!  I do plan on finishing her, but so much has crept in on me!  LOL I promise, I'll be back on it soon, I already made her a shirt..."Good one, sir."
edejan

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2007, 07:24:06 pm »

Hi!  I LOVE Gina Torres and have tried to make her myself, so kudos for your great work!!  I know how hard she is to do, her features are so exotic.  So on to constructive criticism, IMO her eyelids need to be "deeper"  - I don't know if that makes sense but she has big upper lids.  :b
ilovecigs

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2008, 06:58:05 pm »

I agree with all people said here.. and I also think the eyes should be a little further apart from each other. and you should squint it just a tiny bit also and maybe make it a little wider Smiley

She's looking good so far..good job! I think I have a hair for you! here! or the last one here.

I blog here. Sort of. Visit me and say hi.
:chainsaw:
Want me? Go get me!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: