Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 05:23:25 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help, my game quits by its self!  (Read 2377 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
candiwax

View Profile
« on: June 03, 2007, 05:28:38 pm »

My game has started quitting just after loading the part right before where you pick the neighborhood...i thnk it may be a download, but dont know how to locate it...any suggestions?

Check out candiwax's self-sim here
Rogue777

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2007, 05:38:59 pm »

The first thing to do is to move your entire Downloads folder to your desktop and then try to start the game. If it still quits, then it's probably not a problem with a download. If it doens't, then you can begin the process of eliminating the downloads to find the cause. I would start with the most recently downloaded items, because if your game was working up to a certain date, then anything added after that would be suspect.
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2007, 08:58:39 pm »

candiwax you may be encountering one of the file limit bugs.  Have you applied the game patch from Aspyr?  Have you installed any EPs?

there is more information on the file limit issue here: Getting past the 2000/11800 file limit

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: