Insimenator.org
April 24, 2024, 08:23:49 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Camera Angle Problems  (Read 1711 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
FzzyDg8

View Profile
« on: May 21, 2007, 11:58:02 am »

I searched all 10 pages for this problem and didn't see a posting for this one.  It seems that on some (not all) of my lots the camera angle is different.  I like to get on eye level often when playing or in the buy/build mode.  However, on some of my lots, it isn't possible....I can pan in closely, but the camera is always positioned at an angle, not on eye level.  It isn't a cameraman problem as far as I know.  I played around using the tab key to change views but that didn't seem to solve the problem.  Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated.:h3lp:
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2007, 05:12:22 pm »

The camera has some limitations on be based on surrounding terrain.  If you've ever tried to get a good eye level view in a basement, you'll see how difficult it is.  The ground outside keeps the camera positioned high.

Hilly terrain around the lot you want to take pictures of will also play havoc with your camera positioning.  It just takes practice finding the spot to place the camera that gives you the shot you want.
FzzyDg8

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2007, 09:19:29 pm »

Thank you for the suggestion.  My problem is not with trying to take pictures, its' with the view or angle during game play.  I know what you mean about eye level in the basement, I try to avoid using basements altogether.  I've had downloaded lots that simply will not let me get up close and personal, it's like I'm in the God mode..angled downward and never eye to eye.  However, its' not using the top down feature.  I'm really stumped on this one.
Sleepycat

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2007, 07:56:25 am »

can't you change the camera angle yourself using the middle scroll button on your mouse? (press and hold)

Crazy Town - home of my Sim stories & SC4 Terrains, Sims, hairy Skintones and some clothes & stuff.
Simbology
FzzyDg8

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2007, 11:12:26 am »

Quote from: Sleepycat;738567
can't you change the camera angle yourself using the middle scroll button on your mouse? (press and hold)

I have a new mouse and the controls are pretty wonky....I was wondering if it was a mouse problem and your suggestion may have me taking a closer look at the controls; but before I do an in-depth study of said controls, if it were a mouse problem wouldn't I be having an angle problem on all lots and not just some of them?  Thank you kindly for your help.:angel:
« Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 11:54:10 am by FzzyDg8 » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: