Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 09:06:38 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Changing the neighbourhood  (Read 1794 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
charleejane

View Profile
« on: May 22, 2007, 04:29:13 pm »

hi all can anyone help?
I have lots of college grads in pleasantville and I would like to move them into a new neighbourhood, can anyone give me instructions on how to do this please?
Charley

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2007, 04:35:49 pm »

Its not advisable to do it! Although Maxis have included an option to do this, its really buggy and you risk losing your sims!

Char
xxx

ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2007, 04:43:41 pm »

If you have OFB or Nightlife you can add a "shopping district" or "downtown" lot.  It could be either the default, or chose custom and get an empty neighborhood for you to fill up with new houses.
DannyRock

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2007, 05:15:56 pm »

If you're not worried about them losing family ties, etc., then you can move them onto a small empty lot or a lot with a small house and put the lot in the lots bin... Then you can place the lot or lots in a new neighborhood...  You can move up to eight sims at a time if you have one sim move into a lot and have seven of his or her old college friends move in...Once they get to the new neighborhood then you can move them into new houses... Just make sure to back up the neighborhood just in case something should go wrong...
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2007, 05:21:16 pm »

Danny, that method is very buggy.  That's what Charlie was hinting at.  The proper way to move from one main 'hodd to another is to export the lot with the sims on it.  Exit the game, install the freshly exported lot, then go to the new 'hood and place the lot.  Doing it any other way puts the sims, lot, and hood at risk.
DannyRock

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2007, 12:42:47 am »

Thanx for the info  ancienthighway... Wasn't sure if an occupied lot could be exported and installed back into the game..I do kind of remember having a problem with moving a fully furnished  occupied house from one neighborhood to another... The sims somehow got separated from the house.  The family showed up in the family bin but The house got all buggy and had to be deleted so that's why I was moving the families onto empty lots... I'll have to try exporting the lot the next time I have to move a family to a new hood...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: