Insimenator.org
April 27, 2024, 03:17:58 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How do I install a new neighborhood?!  (Read 1898 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Darkchyld

View Profile
« on: May 23, 2007, 12:03:22 pm »

Can someone please tell me how to install a neighborhood.  I downloaded the same neighborhood twice and it still didn't show up in game.  Is there a special folder or something I have to download in?!

:notsmili: Don't take my kindness for weakness, appreciate me.

Kelis
Dinki

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2007, 12:51:38 pm »

There are two options:

- either you were too lazy to read the thread where the n-hood was (or the attached readme file);

or

- the maker of the n-hood was too lazy to post a simple "how to"

Which one is true?

EDIT: Oooor:

- you were too lazy to search the help section through, where your question was answered before at least one time

Oh, I`m so bitchy today Cheesy
« Last Edit: May 23, 2007, 12:54:59 pm by Dinki » Logged

Won't you come into the garden?
I would like my roses to see you.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Dinki

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2007, 01:23:10 pm »

Actually I just needed to say it out loud. I know it`s easier to ask than to look for the answer by yourself.

Here`s what you do: you need to put the files you downloaded (that is a sc4 file and 5 pictures) in the SC4Terrains folder, located in my documents/ea games/The sims 2
« Last Edit: May 23, 2007, 01:25:46 pm by Dinki » Logged

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Darkchyld

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2007, 01:31:01 pm »

Excuse me?! Ha! You're in way over your head. And as a matter of fact, I did look up that topic and nothing came up.  So, here's two options:

-Either your panties were too tight in a bunch that you couldn't respond to my question with any class or dignity...

Ooooorr

-You figured that I was an easy target, and since your welfare check obviously didn't come in the mail today and your hoopty probably broke down, aaannd your panties were scrunchin' up in @ss, you decided of all people to pick on me.  I don't know you very well, and you don't know me at all.  But know this, don't come at me with all that bull and expect me to be an easy target, cuz I'm not.  Next time just answer the question.

Kelis
Dinki

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2007, 01:37:36 pm »

Hehe, gotta say, that was a good answer for my shit. I wasn`t looking for an easy target. It`s just really annoying sometimes to see the same questions asked many times.

And yeah, my panties are kinda tight today Cheesy

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Darkchyld

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2007, 01:43:01 pm »

Well I'll let you go this time, but just be forewarned.  Don't try and start stuff over the internet, it's just a waste of your's and my time.  And I was really hopin' you would'nt come back startin' any "stuff" because I really didn't want my @ss to have'ta be kicked off this website!

Just be carefull who you mess with, cuz you don't know 'em, and you neva' know what you might be gettin' yourself into!

Peace Out, and have a nice day!

Kelis
Ellen Prochaska

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2007, 10:36:30 am »

Darkchyld, pay no attention.  This game is complicated and it sucks to have to spend alot of time to figure out something simple. This forum is a place for help and is NOT a place to be ridiculed! When you dowload a new neighborhood template (it will have one package file and image files for each terrain) extract it and then put it in my documents/ea games/the sims 2/ sc4 terrains.  If your machine can handle it,  I like to toggle back and forth to see what I have in that sc4 folder and what is coming up the actual game.  If it doesn't show up then it has something to do with the file and not you so just find another neighborhood.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: