Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 06:53:54 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Teleport Files  (Read 2549 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
vikvac49

View Profile
« on: May 23, 2007, 08:45:46 pm »

Can anybody explain to me the purpose of the Teleport Folder in the Sims 2 Game?! I wrote to Aspyr and asked them and they coped out saying some mumbo-jumbo about 3rd party downloads and did not answer my question. When I install my downloads with package installer that is when they go here. There is over 800 download files in there!!! I'm not sure if they all show up in my game. This is very annoying!! :smt120    Thanks,Vikki
Marhis

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2007, 04:14:50 am »

What I know of, is that in Teleport folder went all files pertaining to an installed lot, as soon as you install it with Package Installer. This is because the lot has to be properly processed by the game (and it will became a proper lot in LotCatalog folder). This second step is made only when you start the game: usually the old temporary files in Teleport are deleted after import, but sometimes this doesn't happen (bug or glitch, I don't know).

In any case, if you had loaded the game at least once, after lot installation, you may safely delete all files in Teleport folder, because they were already processed by the game, and they're needed no more.
vikvac49

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2007, 10:24:00 pm »

Thank-you.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: