Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 09:22:14 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How To Change Skin & Eye Tones of Existing, In-Game Sims  (Read 30923 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
cereja-chan

View Profile
« on: May 24, 2007, 12:30:58 pm »

Not satisfied with the skintone your favorite sim got? Deleted some random skintones and now sims are runing  with defaults Do you find son and father with same tattoos just weird? THIS IS THE ANSWER TO ALL YOUR TROUBLES.

HOW TO CHANGE SKIN & EYES OF EXISTING, IN-GAME SIMS.
SIMPE version: 0.62.1.100

Firstly, a big THANK YOU to Ari for the tuto that was (stil is) my bedside guide for a looong time. Her/His Tuto is far more comprehensive than mine and way more clear, but uses the dummy sim techniqu. On an overpopulated NB, it's a no-no. Still, this tuto was based heavily on it.

Secondly, backup your files. By files, I mean Neighborhood and Download folders. Better safe than sorry, right? Also, backup = good.

Ok, you already know which sim(s) you want to alter and which skintones/eyes you will be using, I guess. If not, this is the time to do so. I usually separate the files I'm gonna use by placing them on the desktop - after all, my DL folder has 7GB worth of stuff and we will need to open the skintone/eye files with SimPe. You may want to use Delphy's Download Organizer, Clean Installer, Ctrl + F to find them, so do it, if it's the case.

Found them? Ok. Put in a visible, safe place (mine is desktop).

So, you can use up to 3 different skintones - dominant, recessive and 'display' -  and 2 different eye colors (dominant and recessive) on a same sim.  My example sim will use 3 skintones (louis dark will be dominant, louis tan will be recessive and louis med will be display). You can use only one skintone for all strings (dom, rec and disp), or just two. Up to you. Same with eyes.

1a.Ok, now open the skintone package on SimPE.

1b.Go to Skintone XML (XSTTN).

1c.Click on the only thing on the resource list ('Dark' in my screenshot).
1d.Copy the 'Family' string value and past to a nicely named .txt document, like this (am i being too detailist?)

1e. Repeat for all the skins/eyes you will be using.

1f. For the eyes, it will it under 'Texture Overlay XML'. Then, uuface_eye_xxxx. Copy the value on the Family string.

Now time to find the pacient sim :-)

2a. Go to 'Tools' --> 'Neighborhood' --> 'Neighborhood Browser'. Open the NB the pacient sim is living in.

2b. Now 'Tools' --> 'Neighborhood' --> 'Sim Browser'.

Yay! Found it! Now we are going to change the sim's _DNA_ (not the apparence - that's the next step)

3a. On the plugin view, go to 'More' --> 'Open Sim DNA'

3b. Noooow, big time. Insert the 'Family Value' of the Dominant Skintone you previously saved to the Dominant Gene - Skintone AND Skintone Range.
The 'Family Value' of the Recessive Skintone to 'Recessive Gene' - Skintone AND Skintone Range'. COMMIT AND SAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You may want to change the hair color genes.

00000001-0000-0000-0000-000000000000 = Black hair
00000002-0000-0000-0000-000000000000 = Brown hair
00000003-0000-0000-0000-000000000000 = Blond hair
00000004-0000-0000-0000-000000000000 = Red hair

3c. Commit and Save.

On the screenshot I hadn't changed the eye values yet. Darn.

Save the 'display' skintone and eye for later

Now time to change the display skin and eye. By 'display skin' I mean the skin you actually see on the sim, not its DNA. Yeah. You can have a different 'display skin' than the ones in DNA, great for tattoed sims, since ink should not be genetic.

I have a sims that uses liegenschonheit's Japanese Tattoos as a display skin(http://www.digitalperversion.net/downloads/genetics/tattooskins/japanese/japanesetattoos.html), but his DNA bears only the tattoo-less Louis skins, so his kids will not inherit the tattoos :-)

4a.
Go back to the main plugin view  the one on picture 4. On 'More' choose the 'Open the Character File'

4b. On the 'Resource Tree' go to 'Age Data' and select the only string that shows up.

4c. On Plugin view, choose 'skincolor'. Replace the current value for the  family value of the display skintone you want the sim to have (you have it saved on the nicely named txt document).COMMIT. Same for the eyecolor. COMMIT. Save.

TADA!!!!!!!!!!

Run the game. Go play the modified sim.

OH NOEZ! Old skin/eye! WTF! Don't worry- go to the mirror and update the sim's look.
DONE!!!!! If teh mirror trick doesn't work, try aging the sim. My Uni sims only change their skins when they graduate (go from YA to A).

That's it.

Hope I was clear and teh pictures were big enough.
I'm always leaaring, so any tip, correction, comment is appreciated.
Feedback is welcome, too :-)

Have fun and Happy Simming
« Last Edit: May 24, 2007, 12:33:08 pm by cereja-chan » Logged
exportdry

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2008, 12:19:47 am »

Thankyou.
Despite this being old, it still works with the later SimPEs.

I changed the skintone of a Teen and could only change the skintone in game by aging then reverting back to teen.

BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2008, 03:59:20 pm »

these days we use Christian's skintone changer Smiley

No longer active
exportdry

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2008, 08:38:22 pm »

Can't seem to find the link to the skintone changer.
Anyone know where it is?

Unbroken

*Grins* "You really shouldn't have said that."

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2008, 01:59:02 pm »

I believe, that would be at Sims 2 Graveyard under Christianlov(mts) Smiley
Not sure, if we are allowed to link it/talk about? I'm sorry, if not, Admins/Staff.

Please update, if necessary. ^^
exportdry

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2008, 09:07:39 pm »

Sims 2 Graveyard must be offline.
Googled for it and the link doesn't work.

Unbroken

*Grins* "You really shouldn't have said that."

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2008, 04:58:41 pm »

That's odd, worked fine for me..?

*Edit* Ahh, yep.. must be down.
Just keep trying. Hehe. Azn I hope they will be back up. D:
exportdry

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2008, 09:41:14 pm »

Never mind, this way is working fine for me.
I'll just keep the skin changer utility in mind.

ilovecigs

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2008, 04:19:21 pm »

I saw that yesterday somewhere else besides the graveyard.

*searching*

there you go. http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=284572

I blog here. Sort of. Visit me and say hi.
:chainsaw:
Want me? Go get me!
pseudonymph24

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2008, 04:52:04 pm »

Weird, I followed your steps to a T...even triple checked, and my changed sim is wearing the skin I gave her for dominant and recessive dna and not the custom one with tats...

Maybe it has something to do with the tat skin being a skin I converted from another skin?
exportdry

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2008, 09:46:32 pm »

Quote from: pseudonymph24;1326251
Weird, I followed your steps to a T...even triple checked, and my changed sim is wearing the skin I gave her for dominant and recessive dna and not the custom one with tats...

Maybe it has something to do with the tat skin being a skin I converted from another skin?

Are you saying the skin did not change for the skin you orignally gave the sim?

Which method are you using?
The hack from sims graveyard or the SimPE manual method?

Regardless of the skin being converted, it should have it's own value so this doesn't happen.

Have you tried which a different skin just to test it out to see if it maybe  a bug with the tattooed skin?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: