Insimenator.org
April 20, 2024, 03:12:10 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Game crashes at the exact same in-game-time  (Read 1171 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Pupke1979

View Profile
« on: May 24, 2007, 12:41:48 pm »

Dear all,

Has anyone experienced a problem, where the game crashes at the exact same in-game-time everytime you play it?
This is the second time I'm having this problem since I have seasons.
I have made myself a nice household of sims (Pleasentville, but in the attached Nightlife hood wich is Maxis' standard).. after playing them for little over a week (in-game-time), the phone rings at 10.49 hrs on a tuesday morning and then my game crashes. Every single time at that exact moment. Something must be happening, causing my game to crash.

I've tried playing the game without hacks, but still the same problem occurs.
I've tried moving the family out of the house and then back in again... still the same problem occurs.

What's happening?

xoxo
Pam

. ~ * having a baby! * ~ .

image removed by admin - please stay within forum limits of 250x50
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2007, 12:58:47 pm »

A little while back flyingpigeon made some very nice looking dress-tops, dresses that he modified to be used as tops.  There was something about this particular combination that would crash the game at certain times when using the phone.  I know, that's makes no sense at all, but that's the way it was.

If the sim answering the phone is wearing this dress-top, that could be the problem.

If not, download and run the Hack Conflict Detection Utility.  If you have any conflicts listed, take a look to see if any of them specifically deal with phones.  While you're at it, take a look to see if anything else looks like it could be a problem.  Many "conflicts" listed are not a problem, so don't just assume they all are.

If wouldn't hurt to take a look at your Downloads using Clean Installer.  Sort the downloads by type, then look through the packages listed that don't have a type.  Many of these will be in red, which simply means it modifies global behaviors.  See if you find any phone hacks that didn't show up with the HCDU.  Also, particularly if you have downloaded any lots, delete any files with a long string of 32 numbers and letters for a package name.  If you click on it and don't get an image of what it is (many are recolors) you can most likely delete it.  These are hacks that were packaged and downloaded with a lot.

Hope this helps.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: