Insimenator.org
March 19, 2024, 12:23:50 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to upload clothing  (Read 1472 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
rock_out_sims

View Profile
« on: May 13, 2007, 12:27:13 pm »

Ugh, I need serious help! I'm really frustrated... I made a cute little outfit for a boy, but I don't know how to put it on the site. I made it already - but how do I put it as a .zip file?
Auronette

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2007, 05:17:46 pm »

Have you tried using the same program that you open your downloaded cc with?  A lot of those programs have the ability to create a zip file for you as well as open one.  Try going to your file and right clicking on it and go to "add to archive".  If it's not available, it may be nested under your utilities menu.  For instance mine comes up first on the right click menu as "7-zip" and then there's an arrow next to it, I click on the arrow and the "add to archive" option shows along with several other options.

I hope I didn't confuse you with that, but let us know if you need more help.  I'm looking forward to seeing what you have for us. Smiley

If you don't have a utility, here's a link to a free one:

7-Zip

Once you have it zipped go here to a tutorial on actually uploading it:

FAQ: How do I upload something on InSIMenator.net?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2007, 05:21:39 pm by Auronette » Logged

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yes, I'd love to share what I've done at other sites. Please don't take it for granted, if you would like to upload my items to other sites, ask me. It may take a little while to get back to you, but you've got a 99.999% chance I'll do i
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2007, 02:48:21 pm »

If you have a zip or rar program, right clicking on the file you want to compress will give you the option to do so. You'll see something like "Add to zip file".

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
rock_out_sims

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2007, 07:43:43 am »

Thanks!
rock_out_sims

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2007, 03:15:07 pm »

Wait... how do I know which file to use?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: