Insimenator.org
April 18, 2024, 02:31:17 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11
  Print  
Author Topic: Lifes Little Miracles ~Chapter 19 The final Chapter~  (Read 45608 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
ferrischick99

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2007, 01:06:58 pm »

lol ok hun Cheesy

Visit Sims 2 Avenue for all of your Sims Housing Needs
[/B][/COLOR]
I'm happier than a tornader in a trailer park!
xliikewoahx31

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2007, 07:14:50 pm »

Haha yep!!

[After Highschool Life]
          JOIN! =]
Minty94

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2007, 08:10:12 am »

Can someone do somthing for me? What color hair does Emily and her husband have? Thanks!

~Reanna

Life is not measured by the breaths that you take, but by the moments that take your breath away
[/COLOR]
Gotta love life! :thefinge:
ferrischick99

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2007, 07:26:36 pm »

Hun Emily is a very light brown, almost dusty blond and Caleb is a read head Cheesy

[/B][/COLOR]
Minty94

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2007, 09:25:49 pm »

Oh thank you! Cheesy

~Reanna

Life is not measured by the breaths that you take, but by the moments that take your breath away
[/COLOR]
Gotta love life! :thefinge:
llamalover82

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2007, 11:45:37 pm »

OMIGOD THIS IS REALLY GOOD. update REEEAAALLY soon, cuz i cant wait much longer. btw, where did u get your custom content? its really nice.
ferrischick99

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2007, 11:55:13 am »

umm lol I get it everywhere, MTS2, TSR, and a few other places Cheesy

[/B][/COLOR]
-Little-CJ-

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2007, 03:04:49 pm »

Wow! This story is great! Keep it coming xx
Can't wait to see what happens next...xxx
CJ xx

ashleigh goddard, babe your my everything, i couldn't want anyone else, after you. because baby looking in your eyes is like having a glimpse of heaven. 1/3/09 til forever i love you xxx
ferrischick99

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2007, 05:34:11 pm »

I just wanted to let everyone know that we are home now and we have electricity (came to find out it was never shut off to begin with but thats a wonderful story for another time lol) So since I have the next 4 chapters done I'm going to post them tonight with pics ASAP.

[/B][/COLOR]
rebelmozzerella

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 05, 2007, 01:47:51 pm »

Hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooray!

he's the sweat on my sheets (:
ferrischick99

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2007, 09:45:27 pm »

Chapter 5

Monday rolled around and as soon as Dr. Browns office opened Emily called and told the receptionist that she had taken a home pregnancy test and it was positive. The receptionist took her name and made an appointment for her to come on Wednesday at 2pm to get blood work done and probably an ultrasound to make sure the embryo or embryos had implanted correctly. When Emily got off the phone she tried to sit at her desk and work but it was just too hard. She found herself searching the internet for information on pregnancy and babies and even what its like to have multiples. For some reason her mind kept wandering to the idea of having more than one baby. After reading one persons story of having twins from IVF her heart and mind raced. She thought about the house they had, yeah its 3 bedrooms but one has to be used for an office the other room is just way too small for more than one baby. They would have to move and find something bigger. On Caleb's salary she didn't think they could do it. The house would be so cramped. She worked from home which was good because she would be home with the babies at all times but then again would she be able to work at all with 2 babies screaming and always needing to be fed or changed? She finally got to the point where she couldnt stand it anymore. She left the room and sat on the couch to flip through tv channels. After finding nothing good on she laid on the couch and grabbed the romance novel she was half way into. After 2 chapters she found herself growing tired and the next thing she knew Caleb was giving her a kiss on the check to wake her up.

On Wednesday Emily found herself at the doctors alone this time. Caleb wanted to be there so bad but he got called to go to a conference in Boston and was going to be gone 2 weeks. He hated to leave but he didn't have a choice. I told him I would be fine alone and that he had to go. She waited in the waiting room for a while with a few other ladies a few pregnant, most of them not, at least not visibly. When Emily's time came to see Dr. Brown she found herself nervous and trembling. She sat down on the table, which was better than the chair she had to be in last time. It felt more like a check up and not something so serious. She looked around the room at the pictures and diagrams on the walls. A lot of them were medical related and a few of them were for decoration. The room on a whole was a lot more friendlier than the last. Finally after about 10 minutes Dr. Brown made his way in and gave me a quick hug. "Well I hear congratulations are in order." He stated. He was by far the friendliest doctor she had ever seen. "Well thats only for after your more accurate tests confirm it doctor. We both know those home pregnancy tests can be faulty." She said trying to joke around a bit. "Well they are actually pretty accurate especially the digital ones like the one you took but we will get some blood work on you really quick in a second and then we will do an ultrasound to make sure that baby is where it should be and rule out anything abnormal." He said. He took her vitals and told her that a nurse would be in momentarily to draw the blood. He was right and within 5 minutes he was back in the room with the ultrasound machine. He explained to her that this would be a vaginal ultrasound and that he was going to put a wand of sorts up there to see the baby closer than the normal on the belly ultrasound. As he was moving the wand around inside her she watched the expression on his face go from serious to a smile. "Well Emily I can say that you look to be about 3 weeks pregnant with ONE baby growing right where it should." He said looking at her. Tears streamed down her face and replaced any words she could have said. "Let me just print out a picture for you and we will get you home." He said. He handed her the picture of this tiny little dot that he labeled BABY. She looked up at him and choked out the words "Thank you doctor." He smiled and said "You are very welcome my dear." He walked out of the room and let her get dressed.

She walked to the front desk and payed her co-pay to the receptionist. "The doctor wants to see you back here in 4 weeks and we will call you later today when we get the blood test back from the lab. Just so you can know your beta levels and such." She said. They made an appointment and Emily was on her way home. She wasn't one hundred percent sure how she made it home because the whole way there she was on cloud nine watching happy families on the streets much like she had the day they were driving home on the day her little baby got implanted inside her. Todays drive was on such more of a happy note. She was beaming the whole time. When she got home she didn't really feel like doing much so she went into the spare room and sat on the floor. She grabbed the teddy bear and held it to her chest like a small baby. She talked to her belly that wasn't even showing any signs of a baby there yet for a few minutes before falling asleep clutching the bear.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 02:37:29 pm by ferrischick99 » Logged

[/B][/COLOR]
ferrischick99

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 05, 2007, 10:05:05 pm »

Chapter 6

Emily's days seemed to go by so slowly while Caleb was gone. She did what work she had as fast as she could so she could get online and look at baby things. She found a forum called Simply Babies that she had joined and had made a few friends who were also pregnant by IVF. It was really cool to meet someone who is going through the same things she is. Emily found herself on that computer all day long. It would be almost 2 am before she would retire to bed some nights. She loved talking to others about it and she hated that Caleb was not there to share everything going on with her. She seemed to be changing so rapidly and even now only a week after her ultrasound she thought she could see a little bump forming low in her abdomen. She would stand in front of the mirror looking at it for hours if she wasn't so nauseous and light headed all the time.

On the day that Caleb was due home from Boston she decided to go shopping to make him a nice romantic dinner. They had so much to talk about and she couldnt wait to tell him about the baby and what he or she was doing to her body. It didn't seem like normal dinner table talk but after all the years of trying she found talk of those sort of things to be so normal for her. She got everything she needed to make his favorite, Chicken and Broccoli on white rice. She picked up a nice bottle of sparkling red grape juice instead of wine for this meal. She thought that even though all the girls on the computer say that a sip or 2 of wine is ok it wasn't worth the risk. She checked out and drove home. Caleb's flight would be in around 6pm which meant she only had 2 hours to get things ready at home before he got there. She got home and was really tired but forced herself to stay awake so she could get dinner done.

It was while she was cutting up the chicken to put in the skillet that she noticed a gush of fluid. She thought to herself that something didn't feel right. She walked to the bathroom to inspect what the fluid was. With everything that pregnancy had done to her body she wouldn't be surprised if it was something totally normal that she was freaking out about. As she looked down she saw that her undies were filled with bright red blood. In between sobs she tried to run to the phone to call Dr. Brown. She had his home number for emergencies and this seemed like quite the emergency. She hadn't even picked up the phone when her head got dizzy and she felt herself hit the floor. After that everything went black.

25 minutes later Caleb pulled into the garage and took his suitcase out of the trunk. He could see the light on in the kitchen when he pulled up to the house so he knew that Emily would be inside probably with dinner waiting. As he walked in the front door he called to her. "Emily hunny I'm home." He stood there for a moment and waited for a response. He thought maybe that she was in the other room down the hall and she couldnt hear him. So he walked down the hall to set his suitcase in their bedroom and to look for her. "Emily are you in here?" He asked going into their bedroom. When she didn't answer he began to panic. It wasn't like her not to come running to him after he had been away for so long. He ran back to the living room and then heard the sound of spattering in the kitchen. He walked in and saw a pan on the stove then looked over to the far wall and saw Emily on the ground. He rushed over to her and shook her trying to wake her up. Then he noticed the blood stain that had seeped through her pants. He turned off the stove and took the hot oil off the burner to cool down and not start a fire. Then he picked Emily up and took her to the car. He drove as fast as he could to the local hospital.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 02:36:53 pm by ferrischick99 » Logged

[/B][/COLOR]
CUTEYGIRL764

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 05, 2007, 10:09:34 pm »

just a uqick question where did you get that ultrasound machine and i loved the story
ferrischick99

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 05, 2007, 10:14:28 pm »

Chapter 7

When Caleb got to the hospital Emily was still unconscious. He pulled up to the emergency bay and ran in to get someone. They rushed out with a gurney and put her on it and ran back inside while he parked the car. Once inside Caleb learned that the doctors were in with her and they needed to know any medical information. So he told them about the PCOS and the IVF and that was all that was wrong with her. The nurse smiled and told him to take a seat in the waiting room and they would let him know when he could be with her. He sat there and twiddled his thumbs for what felt like decades before a doctor finally came to see him. He took a seat next to him and told him the news. "I'm sorry to have to tell you this Mr. Harrison but your wife has had a miscarriage." He said. Caleb was in shock. He didn't really know what to say so he just lowered his head in his hands. The doctor continued. "These things happen for a reason. The baby was probably not developing correctly and her body rejected it and took care of it naturally. She is still unconscious but if you want you may sit with her until she wakens." Caleb looked at the doctor and said thank you before standing up and walking down the hall to room 145 where his wife was.

When he walked in the room he saw that she was hooked up to the IV and a monitor to watch her pulse and such. Everything just looked like it came out of a movie or a dream and this really wasn't happening. Caleb tried to pinch himself a few times but everything stayed the same and thats when he know this was no dream. This was really happening to them. He sat in the chair next to Emily and grabbed her hand. He looked at her again and burst into tears. How was he going to tell her that the baby that had come into their lives, the baby that they both wanted so bad, was gone just as quickly as it had come. He cried for 5 minutes before she felt her hand move and her whole body turned restlessly towards him. Oh no she is waking up, he thought to himself. Now I have to tell her. Emily made a groaning noise and opened her eyes and looked around. Her eyes locked on Caleb when she saw him. "Caleb what happened?" She asked "Is everything ok?" Her voice sounded more panicked as the events of the night returned to her head. "Oh Emily hunny I'm so so sorry this has happened." He said. "What happened?" She begged in tears. "Is the baby ok?" She asked trembling. "Oh hunny no the baby is gone. The doctor says you had something called a miscarriage." He said tears running down his face again. Emily looked up at the ceiling and then broke down in tears. She tried to talk in between sobs but Caleb couldnt make anything out. He just sat there and tried to help her but nothing he did seemed to help.

They spent 5 hours in the ER before the doctors sent them home. They told Emily to follow up with Dr. Brown the next day so he knew what had happened. They also said that in about 4 weeks they could probably get set up for another round of the IVF. Another round, Caleb thought to himself. How are we going to afford another round of that thing. We couldnt even afford the first one. Emily didn't say much at all. She was still in shock of it all. When they arrived home it was 1am and they were both very tired. Caleb helped Emily into her pajamas and then into bed where she feel asleep almost immediately. Caleb went back downstairs to clean up what had been left out from dinner. "Wow she was doing all of this for me." He said out loud as he threw away the already spoiled chicken. After cleaning up he was going to go to bed when he saw that there was light coming from the office. He went inside and saw the screen was pulled up to the forum that Emily talked on. He sat down in the chair and took a moment to browse around. He saw a post labeled "WARNING: Fake doctor could be in your area" Caleb was curious as the post time was right before he had arrived home and he didn't think Emily had seen it. He clicked on the post and it opened up on the screen. As he read on the poster had said she was from the Great Lakes area and had been seeing a doctor by the name of John Jones who also was known by a few other aliases one of which was Dr. John Brown. Caleb couldnt believe his eyes. Brown was a common name but could this just be the same Dr. Brown they had been seeing. The post went on to say that he had told this couple that within the first few months of his treatment they would become pregnant and sure enough they did conceive with his help. Only to find out after their twins were a year old that this doctor had used his own sperm instead of the womans husbands to save money and rip people off. Caleb scrolled down and included was a picture of the doctor holding this womans twin boys and sure enough this was the very same doctor that Emily and him had been seeing.

Caleb was so disturbed and enraged he turned off the computer without even fully shutting it down. He had half a mind to call this man up right now and give him a piece of his mind. Instead he thought better to go and fall asleep next to his wife who he had missed dearly for the past 2 weeks. He vowed that he would not tell Emily of his discovery and he would hope and pray that she wouldn't look at the post on the message board. He would just have to keep her busy these next few days so she didn't see it. It was nothing she needed to concern herself with right away. He also vowed that he would take time in the morning to call the local sheriffs department and tell them what was going on and that this man was at large again and scamming innocent people such as himself and Emily.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 02:36:22 pm by ferrischick99 » Logged

[/B][/COLOR]
cari4003

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2007, 07:27:54 am »

Great update.  I'm hooked.  I think I'd punch Dr. Brown in the face.

Host: rp thread, College Campus, make a character and come play the university life.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11
  Print  

Jump to: