Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 11:14:53 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Downtown Community - Mario's Italian Lemonade Stand by VJ Development  (Read 8272 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
mstybl95

View Profile WWW
« on: May 26, 2007, 08:49:10 pm »

This is the UNFURNISHED version. For the furnished version, visit my site: VJ Development

EP's Required
All, no SP's

Features

Residential Business
Lot Size: 2x2
Price: 134.405
Floors: 2
Beds: 2
Baths: 1
Special Features: Rooftop Garden, Parking in Rear

*A hack was packaged with it. Use the clean installer to remove it.*

This is a home business. There is a house on one side, business on the other.

Chicago's Flavor:

Mario's Italian Lemonade Stand

Even after all the years I haven't lived in Chicago, there is one place that I always think of as summer draws near. Taylor Street. Welcome to Little Italy and Italian Ice. The place and the tasty treat go hand-in-hand, I've known them since I was an infant. I remember how excited I used to get when my mom took my sister and I down to Taylor St. to get some Italian Ice. We'd stand in a very long line, get our favorite flavors, and sit on somebody's stoop to enjoy it. Once in a while, an old lady would stick her head out of her window and scream at us in Italian to get off her stoop or grass. What I loved most about it was that there were so many people from so many different neighborhoods all there to enjoy that summertime treat. Mario's isn't the place we used to go...that place closed down, but I hear Mario's is the new best. So if you're ever near the UIC campus, check them out. P.S. Mario's will look nothing like this lot. Expect dilapidated.

Italian Ice in Chicago is different from other places like New York and Pennsylvania. In Chicago, a similar Italian summer refresher is called Italian lemonade or ice. It's typically made by mixing crushed or chopped fruit and/or flavoring with a frozen lemon slush made from fresh lemon juice, sugar and water. In most cases, the base is lemon, even when other flavors, such as watermelon, cantaloupe, raspberry coconut and even chocolate are added.

Custom Content (Included)

Furniture by Avalon
Furniture by Holy Simoly
Furniture and Floor by Pimp-My-Sims
Plants by 4ESF
Shrubs by Khakidoo
Walls and Floors by TribeccaSims2
Windows by Temptress

LINKS

Showcase

* 1.jpg (73.63 KB, 600x450 - viewed 2985 times.)

* Main Image.jpg (69.06 KB, 600x450 - viewed 638 times.)
* Mario's Italian Lemonade Unfur.zip (4702.77 KB - downloaded 510 times.)

Building a city? Let me help. Check out my site: VJ Development
lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2007, 10:04:44 pm »

OMG!!  I love it!  Do you actually play the business and is it profitable?  I hate the business side of OFB, but I love the building modes.

EDIT:  Just saw the Mario Lemonade name..  Love that Italian Ice. So fruity!
« Last Edit: May 26, 2007, 10:09:34 pm by lewisb40 » Logged

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
Osaga12
Loot Looker

It's that time again.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2007, 10:07:35 pm »

Wow! this is very nice! Good Job!

There is no duty we undderate so much as the duty of being happy. - Robert L.S
mstybl95

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2007, 11:09:35 pm »

Hey lewis, this is actually the most profitable business I've ever had. I just put one of those charge by the hour machines in front and the sims just love to drink and talk. My family doesn't even go near the business. They hired someone and they do all the work.

kim

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2007, 12:38:01 pm »

Nice Job

Ali
Short, fat n Cuddly!
Admin

I got a luverly bunch of c.... oops, wrong site!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2007, 01:02:00 pm »

I said it on your site and I'll say it here too, I adore this lot, well hell, I adore all your lots, thanks for taking the time to build them and share them :thumbup:

"They're a rum lot, the Yorkshire folk. You can't fool them, you certainly can't get away with much and they call a spade a spade. Or rather, they call a spade 'a bloody shovel'" Mark Addy
Brego89
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2007, 01:31:54 pm »

OMG, flash from the past! Excellent choice! As for "expect dilapidated, you'd be in for a pleasant surprise. Thanks so much!
taniaissimo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2007, 01:40:43 pm »

Another great place from you... totally love all ur homes and items thanx for another fab share Cheesy

:brain:
mstybl95

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2007, 01:41:38 pm »

Quote from: Brego89;747258
OMG, flash from the past! Excellent choice! As for "expect dilapidated, you'd be in for a pleasant surprise. Thanks so much!

LOL! I was thinking of this tiny shack on the corner that we used to go to when I was a kid. It was seriously a box with a window cutout, but they had the best ice. Everyone from everywhere went there. I wish I could remember the name of it. I blame my mom...she used to say "who wants Taylor St?". LOL...

Marn39

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2007, 05:08:17 pm »

thankyou, can not wait to add it to my sims2 new shopping district
lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2007, 09:41:23 pm »

I know the place you talk about mstybl95.  I use to work in the big Post Office, use to be over the Eisenhower Expressway, we would stop there all the time for their Italian Ice treats.  I forgot the name, but I loved to stop in and get my banana-strawberry ice.  Another good place, is on 18th street, right off the Dan Ryan.  Making my mouth water thinking about it.

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
mstybl95

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2007, 11:45:02 pm »

At least you live there and can get some later. I'm stuck in Utah! Bleh...the food here sucks!

Anyhow, are you going to the Taste of Chicago this year?? If you are, I have a request. 1. Take some pictures for me. 2. Eat lots of ribs in my honor. Ok, maybe that was 2 requests. Wink

I want to make Grant Park and possibly have a portion of it be the taste as a community lot. That is my all time favorite summer activity! Me love food. hehehe

lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2007, 12:39:04 am »

LoL,  I hope to be able to go to the Taste.  If I don't, I know people who will be going and have them to take pictures. Let me see what's on line for pictures of Grant Park.  I love the taste and the food also.  Will eat ribs in your honor today, Memorial Day, and try to send the fumes your way in Utah. The way I work right now, I can't possibly plan 2 months ahead Sad .

kathy
TRAITOR

Rotten traitor

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2007, 07:51:27 am »

Fantastic job! Smiley
llamalover82

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2007, 09:35:48 pm »

wow. i mean wow. this is incredible, i could never do this. great job!!!
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: