Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 03:02:52 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Refreshing Sims thumbnails?  (Read 13777 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
chriskay

View Profile
« on: May 28, 2007, 03:11:41 am »

I just got a new default replacements for the skintones and now I want all of my townies' and NPC's icons (on the friend list and etc) be updated with the new skintone replacement. Is there any instant way to just refresh them all without makeovering them on my vanity table one by one? >_<
chriskay

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2007, 01:19:38 am »

Umm, hello? Anyone?
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2007, 01:27:03 am »

My guess is you've had no reply because no one knows of another way.  We usually don't reply with "I don't know" answers.
Xylune

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2007, 01:35:36 am »

Try deleting your thumbnails folder in your EA Games/The Sims 2 folder.  When you restart the game the folder will regenerate, and as this tends to fix mismatched thumbnails in the sim bin, it should also work for your needs.

Visit my site for original fantasy fiction (Warning: my stories include male/male romance)
Beyond the Ninth Wave
PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2007, 01:39:02 am »

Quote from: chriskay;748211
I just got a new default replacements for the skintones and now I want all of my townies' and NPC's icons (on the friend list and etc) be updated with the new skintone replacement. Is there any instant way to just refresh them all without makeovering them on my vanity table one by one? >_<

Not that I am aware of, you have to do them one at a time. Or else reset the neighborhood which will cause the change to take effect.

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.
                                         -Luciano de Crescenzo
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2007, 01:40:49 am »

Strange thing is, when I installed my default replacements, it immediately took effect on all sims in the game, NPC or not.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
chriskay

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2007, 02:03:44 am »

Resetting the neighbourhood? O_O
I can't do that....

Well yeah, I got the one from Enayla. It works. Every default sims & NPC that doesn't use custom skin has their skin replaced with Enayla, the problem is that the thumbnails (when you saw them on your friend list) doesn't change at all. The thumbnails still have the picture when they were still using maxis old skin, not with the new Enayla skin. And my question is how to change the thumbnails.

The only possible way to have the thumbnails changed, is by make-overing them with the vanity table. But to remodel the whole townies with my single puny vanity table is just ridiculous. XD I want to know if there is a possibility to reset the thumbnail file.

I've tried deleting the thumbnails folder, but it only changed the thumbnails on the Create-A-Sim menu and the objects folder (I noticed because it took a very long time for me to open the Buy Mode menu).
But the thumbnails of the sim in the friend list and the queue list still not regenerated with the new skin.
PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2007, 02:18:27 am »

Quote from: chriskay;754441
Resetting the neighbourhood? O_O
I can't do that....

Well yeah, I got the one from Enayla. It works. Every default sims & NPC that doesn't use custom skin has their skin replaced with Enayla, the problem is that the thumbnails (when you saw them on your friend list) doesn't change at all. The thumbnails still have the picture when they were still using maxis old skin, not with the new Enayla skin. And my question is how to change the thumbnails.

The only possible way to have the thumbnails changed, is by make-overing them with the vanity table. But to remodel the whole townies with my single puny vanity table is just ridiculous. XD I want to know if there is a possibility to reset the thumbnail file.

I've tried deleting the thumbnails folder, but it only changed the thumbnails on the Create-A-Sim menu and the objects folder (I noticed because it took a very long time for me to open the Buy Mode menu).
But the thumbnails of the sim in the friend list and the queue list still not regenerated with the new skin.

Oh dooooooh I totally misunderstood what you were saying. I'm sorry, I think we all did. In the main folder delete groups.cache and see if that works.

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.
                                         -Luciano de Crescenzo
chriskay

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2007, 03:16:19 am »

LOL! Okaaayyy XDD Sorry for not giving detailed information bout my problems!

But no, I've tried doing so but it's still not working either.
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2007, 03:25:33 am »

For Body Shop - the only thing I know is to delete the cigen.package from

PCs:
My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2

Macs:
~/EA Games/The Sims 2

You can also delete the package files from at the same time - the game will force new packages to be created and this will update the general thumbnails but not the profile pic of the sims.

PCs:
My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Thumbnails

Macs:
~/EA Games/The Sims 2/Thumbnails

For in-game you need to have your player sims go to a mirror and do a single change in their appearance - you can un-do it at the same time - and this will force a new "avatar"

Also, in some versions of the game CTRL + Right-Clicking the thumbnail will force a new thumbnail to be generated - this works for objects, eyes, etc.

I have been told it also works in the control bar on the image of the sim that is bigger than a thumbnail.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2007, 03:28:01 am by ~Marvine~ » Logged

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
chriskay

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2007, 01:59:12 pm »

Quote from: beosboxboy;755834
For Body Shop - the only thing I know is to delete the cigen.package from

PCs:
My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2

Macs:
~/EA Games/The Sims 2

You can also delete the package files from at the same time - the game will force new packages to be created and this will update the general thumbnails but not the profile pic of the sims.

PCs:
My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Thumbnails

Macs:
~/EA Games/The Sims 2/Thumbnails

I've tried that, but the profile pic are not regenerating at all. >.< It does made my objects thumbnails and CAS thumbnails load longer though.

For in-game you need to have your player sims go to a mirror and do a single change in their appearance - you can un-do it at the same time - and this will force a new "avatar"

I know that, but I want to know if there is any quicker way if I want to regenerate the whole neighbourhood.

Also, in some versions of the game CTRL + Right-Clicking the thumbnail will force a new thumbnail to be generated - this works for objects, eyes, etc.

I have been told it also works in the control bar on the image of the sim that is bigger than a thumbnail.

Nope, unfortunately, this method is not working on my version. >_<
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2007, 04:00:21 pm »

The FFS Lot Debugger, from MATY, allows you to regenerate the active sim's thumbnail and picture on the control bar.  You could use it by making the townie selectable, regenerating the thumbnail, then making the townie unselectable.  But it must be done for each townie individually.  It's a little faster than the vanity, yet still picks up changes in the sim.
Marhis

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2007, 04:00:43 pm »

Hmmm... sims portraits (profile picts) are stored in the character file, and beosboxboy suggestion is the only one that works, for what I know.

There are maybe some hacks that can speed up a little the process, like Christianlov's simboutique clothing rack (in http://www.sims2graveyard.com): you choose "neighbor surgery" and it summons the chosen sim and loads the makeover window, and you can queue more sims at once.

Another option may be the "regenerate thumbnail" feature on the FFS Lot Debugger at MATY (but you have to make selectable the sim, first).
Last but not least, the Insimenator (Time sectional) lets you apply makeover or surgery on any sim present in the lot - selectable or not.

ETA: woops, ancient was faster Smiley
chriskay

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2007, 03:16:30 am »

FFS Lot Debugger, eh? Hmm...looks like I really have to do it the hard way. XD
Alrighty then! Cheesy
Thanks a bunch folks Cheesy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: