Insimenator.org
April 28, 2024, 06:26:44 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A few Questions, please help.  (Read 1520 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Mickey57

View Profile
« on: May 28, 2007, 09:51:55 am »

Hi All,

I have a few questions that I have not found answers to.  

1.  When packaging a house file, I get all the recolors and stuff that come with any given object that I want (making the house file much larger than needed or necessary).  I read that Maxis was working to fix this so only the recolors that you used in the house would be included in the package file, but nothing else.  Does anyone know if this has been corrected yet?  

2.  I have noticed that I can not package a house with certian files in it.  Actually, only one in particular,   Merola's painting (one of my favorite objects~could not get by without it).  Has anyone else had this issue.  If I package a house containing this file, it will create a package, but the house file will not be saved.  If I install the file on a fresh game, I get all the objects that were in the house, but not the house itself.  Is this true for everyone?  

3.  Is there a program available anywhere that will allow you to change NPC's in your game?  I have heard that you can turn off the generation of new NPC's and that you can replace them with your own, is there a good tutorial for this somewhere?

Thanks for any insight/answers anyone has.  

:love4::love4::love4:
Mickey
« Last Edit: May 28, 2007, 09:58:22 am by Mickey57 » Logged

:worship:Big Daddy still got it goin' on!:worship:
Dinki

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2007, 11:04:06 am »

What EPs do you have Mickey?

Question 1: You can repackage the house with clean installer - open the package in it, uncheck what you don`t want in, choose "save as" and rename. Make sure to save as Sims2pack.

Also there is a little surprise that comes with seasons - the game is not packaging recolors of maxis items. Sometimes it doesn`t package walls or so.

2. I don`t use that object and I have no idea.

3. There is a mod that prevents townie regenerating over at MATY. If you have it, you can create some sims in CAS and then make them townies using family tree form Insimenator.

Won't you come into the garden?
I would like my roses to see you.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Mickey57

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2007, 11:56:58 am »

Thanks for the info.  I do have seasons, but I have not tried to package a house since before I had it (because of the previous problem).  But now it seems like it may be worse than before.  Especially thanks for the insem info, that will help a lot.

:worship:Big Daddy still got it goin' on!:worship:
Dinki

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2007, 01:41:54 pm »

You`re welcome Smiley

Won't you come into the garden?
I would like my roses to see you.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: