Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 06:11:21 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Freckled skintone  (Read 28870 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Skaarjy

View Profile
« on: May 29, 2007, 02:34:43 am »

Heres my first attempt at doing a skintone. I used Louis's Light skintone as a basis.

Facial freckles aren't included for best usage.
Entire skintone credits belong to Louis.

Hope I've done everything correctly?

* 1f51743b_Freakled_Skin.rar (6028.25 KB - downloaded 1899 times.)

* freckles3.jpg (300.68 KB, 552x603 - viewed 5725 times.)
« Last Edit: June 03, 2007, 04:15:33 pm by Skaarjy » Logged
Hobo_Cody

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2007, 02:40:14 am »

Thank you! I've been wanting something like this for soooo long!

Cody

"It's not that I'm afraid to die. I just don't want to be there when it happens." Woody Allen
dorkapalooza

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2007, 03:26:49 am »

looks great, I have wanted a frecked skin forever!  Thanks

Remember the famous words of Jedi Master Dennis the Menace... "Don't sweat the petty things, pet the sweaty things.":swst: [/COLOR]

Have A Great Day-  Sara  [/FONT]
lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2007, 04:27:42 am »

I use Sera's freckle skintone for years and I really like it as well as yours, but I wanted one with a little darker skin tone, maybe tan. The freckles would have to be darker, the Serasims on have dark brown spots.  I am looking for a pic of one of my sims with it. Found some! You have done a nice job here and thanks.

* snapshot_735d25a1_13679765.jpg (49.64 KB, 600x450 - viewed 5396 times.)

* snapshot_5321bd04_5321e8c1.jpg (36.58 KB, 600x450 - viewed 5471 times.)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2007, 04:31:58 am by lewisb40 » Logged

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
kim

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2007, 05:20:53 pm »

Nice Job

xoJessi

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2007, 07:07:41 pm »

Oooh! Hot, I just wanna jump on this freckly sim.

My Sims Journal/Photo Album Come see what my sims are up to!

Real Sims
Sims Oasis
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2007, 09:29:25 pm »

Skaarjy, freckled skin in real life has a sort of "symmetrical asymmetry" that you have captured quite nicely in this skin tone.  I know what a monstrously hateful beast Body Shop can be about details like freckles, moles, and birth-marks; so I can really appreciate the artistic triumph over the limits of the tools you have achieved in this skin tone.

I hope it is not intruding to suggest that you make the details on a transparent layer; this way you might save yourself dozens of hours of work in the future should you want to make more.  Perhaps even several layers that can be added so that the number of freckles can be increased to any density you find appealing.  This is something I learned by hindsight with my skin tones with moles, something AllenABQ was smarter than me about doing with his body hair for males.  The added benefit of having them as layers is that by playing with the additive properties of the layer the freckles can be made lighter or darker as needed for the different basic skin colours.

For myself, freckles presented a serious challenge, since I neither have them nor know anyone who has them that was willing to let me look at their body; and, from my own effort to make skin tones, being able to see how an ankle or cleavage looks on a variety of skin colours was ... well difficult to explain to people >_<

My hat is off to you, you did a marvelous job, better than many others I have seen, so, this being your first skin tone, it is all the more impressive.  I hope to see lots more work by you!  Thank you for a very happy downloading experience!

PS: if you have used a Louis skin tone - which it does appear to be the case - you should edit your post to give credit to Louis of SimCribbling.  One of those little details even I sometimes forget to do.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2007, 09:31:46 pm by ~Marvine~ » Logged

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2007, 10:49:55 pm »

Thank you so much for sharing this with us! You've done a fabulous job! I can certainly appreciate the work that must have gone into this! Like Yakov, I really hope to see more great stuff from you!

(pardon my overexhuberant use of exclamation marks. I'm very enthusiastic about freckles, in case you didn't notice)

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Skaarjy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2007, 11:13:38 pm »

Quote from: beosboxboy;751128
Skaarjy, freckled skin in real life has a sort of "symmetrical asymmetry" that you have captured quite nicely in this skin tone.  I know what a monstrously hateful beast Body Shop can be about details like freckles, moles, and birth-marks; so I can really appreciate the artistic triumph over the limits of the tools you have achieved in this skin tone.

I hope it is not intruding to suggest that you make the details on a transparent layer; this way you might save yourself dozens of hours of work in the future should you want to make more.  Perhaps even several layers that can be added so that the number of freckles can be increased to any density you find appealing.  This is something I learned by hindsight with my skin tones with moles, something AllenABQ was smarter than me about doing with his body hair for males.  The added benefit of having them as layers is that by playing with the additive properties of the layer the freckles can be made lighter or darker as needed for the different basic skin colours.

For myself, freckles presented a serious challenge, since I neither have them nor know anyone who has them that was willing to let me look at their body; and, from my own effort to make skin tones, being able to see how an ankle or cleavage looks on a variety of skin colours was ... well difficult to explain to people >_<

My hat is off to you, you did a marvelous job, better than many others I have seen, so, this being your first skin tone, it is all the more impressive.  I hope to see lots more work by you!  Thank you for a very happy downloading experience!

PS: if you have used a Louis skin tone - which it does appear to be the case - you should edit your post to give credit to Louis of SimCribbling.  One of those little details even I sometimes forget to do.

Well I did put everything on a layer.  I do do a lot of modeling, just not organic human stuff. But didn't think about adding extra layers for the marks, I just used a single overlayed layer. BTW I can copy the freckles over to any other skintone anyone wants.

Also I got a private automated message, said it fixed something but didn't say what.?

Credits: fixing.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2007, 11:15:59 pm by Skaarjy » Logged
Ayray

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2007, 09:57:59 am »

Very nice =)
DLMulsow
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2007, 11:33:17 am »

This is gorgeous.  I can't wait to make a sim with this!!  Thanks! Wink
hardwaretoad

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2007, 05:46:39 pm »

I'm partial to creating redheads in-game so I'm very happy to see this good looking skintone. Thanks for sharing your hard work with us... Smiley

\"Jeux sans Frontieres\"...
Dansminx
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2007, 12:44:22 pm »

I can't wait to get it home and into my game so that I can check it out on Sims of my own.
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2007, 12:59:47 pm »

Quote from: Skaarjy;751284
Well I did put everything on a layer.  I do do a lot of modeling, just not organic human stuff. But didn't think about adding extra layers for the marks, I just used a single overlayed layer. BTW I can copy the freckles over to any other skintone anyone wants.

Also I got a private automated message, said it fixed something but didn't say what.?

Credits: fixing.

Well, all the better, a naturalist or graphic artist always has the advantage in model texturing; but a modeller with prior experience has the advantage even on naturalists and artists!

Most likely it was when Kim was doing the update for the site - I think she may have added your image locally for the update.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
tamha

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2007, 03:34:26 am »

No matter what I do, I can't get this skintone to show up in bodyshop. Anyone have any recommendations for me on how to fix it?
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: