Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 08:27:42 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Adding Pregbot in Milkshape  (Read 13510 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
BlooM

View Profile
« on: May 29, 2007, 07:41:24 am »

The Mysticalone asked me to do a small Tut on how to add a pregmorph in Milkshape Smiley
Well, it's small Cheesy

To add a Pregbot in Milkshape

*Select the body, bottom or top.

*duplicate selection.

*rename new group to ~00MORPHMOD.2
while ~00MORPHMOD.1 is the fatmorph.

*add in the comment box:
MorphNames: botmorphs pregbot
Note: this for a fullbody group or a bottom group(A top uses [COLOR=MediumTurquoise]MorphNames: topmorphs pregtop[/COLOR]

* select all vertices from the pregbot and unassigne all bones using unimesh bone tool.
Im not sure if this is necessary though....Wink but after some bugs i alway's do it.

*Save your work as m3d file.(if you save it using unimesh exporter you lose the morphfile cos the morph is excatly the same as the original(bug?), you can save it but you have to edit/move a few vertices on the pregbot first Wink

*Import a top/bottom or body with correct pregnant shape in it(you can delete the other 2) and adjust your vertices on  your pregbot to fit that shape/group.

*You might be able to use your magnets here?(or the new unimesh plugin)**
*When done delete the pregbot excample.

*Save again as m3d file.

*export with unimesh.

*Import and see if all went well

Note:Do not change anything on the vertices like weld them or add more faces.
The ammount of faces and verts have to stay excatly the same as the original body/bottom or top!!!

I tested the some files who had no pregbot in the original gamefiles and it works great.
You will need Squinze's hack to make it work ingame Smiley

I come back to this post soon, to write down how to add 2 or more extra pregbot's(when working with alpha's)
If i forgot something or did somthing wrong plz plz correct me!!

** using wes H newest plugin(UniMesh Vertex Data Merge plugin):
--start new
--Import a similar mesh as the one you want to make
--Dont import the morphs
--Export as a objx file
--start new
--import the first mesh(the similar one)
--this time you also import both morphs
--delete the body and the fatmorph
--rename the pregmorph as body and export as obj file
--exit milkshape
--open milkshape and import the obj file
--import the objx file
--export with unimesh
Your similar pregmorph will now have all necesarry boneassignements so you can use it as reference body.
If you now go back to your own mesh you import the similar pregnant body, you put it on top of your grouplist and you can use Wes H UniMesh Vertex Data Merge plugin to make your copied body exactly like the imported one.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2007, 06:54:49 pm by BlooM » Logged

No longer active
miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2007, 12:13:22 pm »

Thanks much!

Rose/Miros
Webmaster of the Wooden Simolean
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2007, 01:28:33 am »

This may work - I have had serious problems adding morphs that were properly recognised by the game.  Bloom, you certainly have explained all the steps and needs in clear and concise language.  I am hopeful that this will do the trick for creators.

Unimesh (as currently released) no longer uses the morphs for weighting data, the much older plug-in versions did; so the morphs were required for them to work to any good end. The current version has many better features and the morphs of an exported GMDC doesn't have any assignments.  The current issue I have noticed is that the morphs are stored as additional meshes rather than just morphing data if you add a morph, and this has led to some bizarre events in game...  This will double or triple the size of the mesh file, which is not desirable, although not everyone shares this opinion.

I admit that my experience is not total; but what I do know is that Marvine, Amun-RA, and myself have all had similar negative experiences with adding morphs.  I am not saying it impossible, just a whole lot more trouble and work that it is worth at times.

To be honest - I think the next generation of tools will include a lot more resources for us, or at least I hope so! Smiley
« Last Edit: June 02, 2007, 01:31:02 am by ~Marvine~ » Logged

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
AdmiralAeris

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2007, 12:40:15 pm »

This definitely works in my experience -- this is exactly the way I added preg morphs and they show up perfectly.  (The only thing is that I thought afbodyslip DID have preg morphs -- IIRC that's the mesh the babydoll PJ's are made on and they have always showed the bumps.)

Beauty comes in many forms... not all of which are visible
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2007, 05:06:19 am »

maybe it's the male side of the equation that seems to be lacking then

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2007, 09:14:09 am »

Im not so good in these things, how they programmed and stuff but i noticed on the 34Afullbodyalphamesh that a few faces from the fatmorph overuled(dont know how to say diffrent) the pregmorph.
So it seems when fat and pregnant the 2 morph's are active at the same time, maybe this will cause problems...

edit, me bad
Those probs i described above will never happen with a maxis mesh as all groups will use the same textures.
They maybe clip but it will never show.
I forgot its a alpha mesh wich had the nude body underneath it, and that one keeps clipping with the alpha
when both fat and preg state are active.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2007, 08:34:39 am by BlooM » Logged

No longer active
themysticalone

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2007, 09:56:05 am »

Seems to work well for me.  I built a magnet that pretty closely matches the maxis pregnancy bump and then used it to add on to the afBodyTweedJacket mesh (as a default).  Now I can use it as a base in mesh tool when I'm conveting to the various cup/hip combinations.

Thanks BlooM!

* PregTweedJacket.jpg (45.4 KB, 375x614 - viewed 1199 times.)

Fodi is my comic.
Looking for a nice, organised table of all the bodyshape base sets and my recolors and conversions? Look here: Bodyshape Links
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2007, 07:55:59 pm »

Good Job!
should try it with fat and preg both also , thats were i got some clipping probs.
but watever i tried, couldn't solve it.

No longer active
themysticalone

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2007, 07:37:54 am »

I did, after reading one of your above posts.  I couldn't see any clipping anywhere, but I'll keep an eye out.

Fodi is my comic.
Looking for a nice, organised table of all the bodyshape base sets and my recolors and conversions? Look here: Bodyshape Links
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2007, 04:38:14 pm »

Quote from: themysticalone;788740
I did, after reading one of your above posts.  I couldn't see any clipping anywhere, but I'll keep an eye out.

And you made both fat and pregmorph yourself?
I just could not get it figured out, it looked like the fat and pregmorph were linked to eachother somehow cos parts that were normally fat dissapeared when pregnant while other parts stayed fat.

No longer active
themysticalone

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2007, 09:28:48 am »

No, I didn't make the fatmorph myself in that one, but after playing around in the game a lot, It seemed like they could both be active at the same time and both be applied.

It does look like the morphs are stored as meshes when editing them in milkshape, etc, but I have this sneaking suspicion that they are actually sotre as morph data in the gdmc itself, so I guess it's possible that the game ignores some assignments when both are active at the same time.

Later on, I created a preg mesh with both a breast swell and a belly, and the resulting breasts when fat+preg with larger than when fat or preg alone, and the belley and butt, etc were still pudgy when fat+preg.

Fodi is my comic.
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2007, 05:23:41 pm »

yes, they must be linked some how....

No longer active
wes_h

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2007, 09:12:13 pm »

Quote from: BlooM;800047
yes, they must be linked some how....

Indeed, they are.

Morphs exist in the GMDC as a set of additional values associated with each vertex that are to be added when the morph is made active.

While some morphs, like foods, are designed to be used only one at a time, the fatbot and pregbot morphs are not mutually exclusive. All morphs are triggered in the game by an animation.

While I have always believed new morph types could be created (simple enough) and made to operate in the game (not so simple), the tools and research to do so has not been available so far.

<* Wes *>
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2007, 12:02:07 am »

Ah, thank you Wes. Smiley

No longer active
Netra
Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2007, 02:21:38 pm »

THANK YOU SO MUCH BLOOM FOR THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:) MAN, THIS HELPS ME A LOT. I AM NOT GOOD AT MOVING VERTICES AT ALL, SO I USED THE SPERIFY COMMAND IN MILKSHAPE AND THEN MOVED SOME VERTICES FOR WARLOKKS TEEN 34 D AND XLG HIPS AND GOT THIS!:)

"If you liked it then you should have put a ring on it!"
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: