Insimenator.org
April 29, 2024, 06:27:08 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can't fish, catch butterflies or lightening bugs!!!!!!! HELP!!  (Read 1892 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
hayhay2245

View Profile
« on: June 25, 2007, 10:25:38 am »

I can't do any of this stuff. Help!! I deleted the insiminator and the inteeninator and it still won't work!!!??? Do I have to do a hack check and if so how?   :blob6:
Johnny Drake

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2007, 10:35:35 am »

If I were you, I would delete all the hacks that you have and get the updated Seasons verisons of them. Hopefully, you orgazined your downloads folder so the hacks are easy to find. If you don't have your folder organized, you can go into the Sims game and when the custom content message pops up, you can disable the hacks until you can find them to delete.
Also, when you do update your hacks, you have to make sure that your pond is deep enough to fish in. So it might just be that the pond isn't deep enough, but that doesn't explain not being able to catch butterflies and bugs. So that's why I'm thinking it must be a hack.
I hope that helps.
hayhay2245

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2007, 10:43:56 am »

Ok its nice to have an answer thank you

to find the hacks do i just look at the names on the pop up and then find them in my folder
Johnny Drake

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2007, 11:55:25 am »

When the custom content pops up, the names of all the things you downloaded will appear - hair, clothes, make-up, hacks, etc. So just scrowl down looking for the hack names. Hacks that change gameplay will automatically appear at the top, if I remember correctly. Other hacks that don't affect gameplay will just be somewhere in the list. You might have to restart the game for it to take affect. I've never disabled anything but when I enable I have to restart the game.
Finding the files in your folder might be a little harder if it's not organized, because some of the file names might not have what they are unless you changed the name. I know there is a program somewhere that allows you to find conflicting hacks. I don't have the program myself but I know it's out there somewhere. So if you can't find the files in your download folder, you might want to go looking for that. I would suggest for the future, making folders within the download folder to easily find outdated hacks and to organized all of your objects and such because it actually helps your game load.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2007, 05:41:28 pm »

If you use the Clean Installer, most of the hacks will appear in red, though you may still have to hunt some down.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
mebrywoo

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2007, 01:42:10 am »

I had this problem.....I had downloaded a patch from a site...which I won't specify. this patch only gave "go here, run here"......so forth when I clicked on the lake. found the patch and deleted it. now I can finally fish. Wink\

and as far as catching lightning bugs and butterflies.......run in the middle of a group. and leave your sim alone, they'll try to catch them for themselves. at least mine do and did even before removing the patch.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2007, 01:45:00 am by mebrywoo » Logged

:blob6:know your limits......then surpass them to attain your dreams.:blob6:
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: