Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 09:38:35 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: some of the clothes don't show  (Read 6453 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
a13x612

View Profile
« on: June 01, 2007, 10:24:40 am »

hey all, i recently downloaded warlokk's hi-res skins and the current clothing.  But for some reason some of the clothes don't show.  i put everything in the appropriate folder and i believe there are no file conflicts, considering how i just recently downloaded them.  i did download other mods and i will remove them and see if they were the problem, but i doubt it. the ones that don't show are the swimsuit, workout suits....mostly the full body packages.
a13x612

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2007, 10:39:57 am »

the problem seemed to have been christianlov's skin replacer mod.  does this mean i can't change existing sims' skins? cause that would suck.  and the damn thing didn't even work anyway.  warlokk's skins didn't show up as an option for the sim to change into.
Chopperchic

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2007, 04:54:38 pm »

I tried the Christianlovs skin replacer but never had any luck getting it to work in my game either it seems to have had a problem when I tried to assign clothing to a regular sim so I pulled it out. My game worked fine then. Weird though I guess I missed something in the readme file.
Running orginal game Uni NL and OFB.
Did you get full body clothing to work ?
Good Luck.
a13x612

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2007, 10:28:46 pm »

yeah it was christianlov's mods that were screwing up my game.  I really just want to know now if anyone knows how to put the skins on existing sims.  I own a mac.
Chopperchic

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2007, 12:02:05 am »

Sorry totally xp here wish I could help ya more. There is some help here for mac users dont know if it will help. Only other suggestion is SimPE but dont know about it working on a Mac though.
FAQ link here
http://www.insimenator.net/forumdisplay.php?f=317
Rogue777

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2007, 12:17:58 am »

a13x612 - What version of the skintone changer were you using? Version II was set up to include Warlokk's BodyShape skintones. Maybe you just have the older version.
a13x612

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2007, 11:29:56 am »

i might have an older version.  i got it off sims2graveyard or soemthing like that so maybe?  i cant find a newer one...
Rogue777

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2007, 11:32:30 am »

I thought the zip file contained several versions. Let me see what I can find out for you.

This quote is from a post by Warlokk on the adult site:
Meremale just found a pretty cool mod over at MTS2 by Christianlov, which allows you to switch the skintone of an existing sim. The Version II model is set up to include my BodyShape skintones...

There are two files on the Sims 2 Graveyard page, the first file appears to contain versions 1 & 2 and the other one, which is father down the page, appears to contain versions 1-4.

It looks like the object may have changed, so if you use the expensive gold framed mirror, I think you might be using the first version. I'm not an expert on this, so if anyone wants to correct me, feel free.

Just trying to help. Cheesy
« Last Edit: June 02, 2007, 11:40:56 am by Rogue777 » Logged
a13x612

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2007, 11:54:04 am »

soo im guessing the one that says skinselector_2 is version 2?
Rogue777

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2007, 12:05:36 pm »

That's what I was assuming too. Is that the one you already had?
LadyL

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2007, 04:47:48 pm »

Quote from: a13x612;755557
yeah it was christianlov's mods that were screwing up my game.  I really just want to know now if anyone knows how to put the skins on existing sims.  I own a mac.

Hi! I play my sims on a mac and also use christianlov's custom skintone selector without any problems.... Maybe U can check...

1) Which versions of christianlov's custom skintone selector did u download...? If i'm not wrong, there might be 4 versions... depends on which skintone you are using...
2) Do U have the right skintones that you want to use in your downloads folder?

As for me, I use Garkman's Louis Skins Adaptations for 34DD Warlokk's Meshes (I downloaded all his skins and placed them in my downloads folder) and had no proplems changing the skintones of every sim in the game. So I think it should also work for Warlokk's skins..?!

Hope This Helps!
a13x612

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2007, 05:21:50 pm »

lol the problem was that i was using all the versions at once.  I'm using version 2 now and it works fine.  thanks guys
frodobaggins

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2007, 02:51:22 pm »

I use simPe.I creaed 4 sims using 36DD full nude skns.Then i went into simpe and found them with the sim browser.I cut and pasted the skins from the dna into notepad with a brief desc of the sizes.Go to the sim dna for the sim you want to change.double click on the line for skin type and paste the new des in.default 1 is light skin,2 is med,3 is dk tan, 4 is black.I made Bella 40DD.If they have kids,the kids will pick up the new skin.put it into the recessive also.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: