Insimenator.org
April 26, 2024, 05:44:17 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Interactions keep cancelling themselves  (Read 2348 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
ultra_spatula

View Profile
« on: August 26, 2006, 04:19:39 pm »

I have an unusual and irritating problem with the sims 2. It's all installed perfectly and the performance of the game is up to standard, but I seem to have a weird problem. Whenever I hover the cursor over another sim or generally try to interact with them then any existing actions that I've told my sim to do will be cancelled and their icons in the top left corner will vanish. If my sim is interacting with an object at the time then they will suddenly snap away from it, if they're lying on a bed for example and then I hover my cursor over another sim then my sim will suddenly be hovering in the air next to the bed and any interaction will be cancelled. :angry7:

It's really annoying so I'd appreciate any ideas about why it's doing this.

Thanks in advance.
flamebabe9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2006, 01:33:54 pm »

try removing all your downloads first cause I bet it's a hack or download interfering with the game
« Last Edit: August 27, 2006, 01:37:11 pm by flamebabe9 » Logged
weetzie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2006, 04:14:55 pm »

That happened to me a little while back. Especially with trying to use the phone. Had a couple Sims die because I'd forgotten to get a fire alarm and they couldn't call the fire dept. My problem turned out to be Family Fun Stuff and the patch for it.

Coffee coffee coffee! Come on and drink it up!
Coffee coffee coffee! Nirvana in a cup!
I used to be a peon, just a worthless wad of gristle
'Til I replaced my brain cells with instant Folger's crystals!
ultra_spatula

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2006, 07:26:04 pm »

Quote from: flamebabe9
try removing all your downloads first cause I bet it's a hack or download interfering with the game

You were right. It took me a long time to find the offending download but luckily everything's working right now. Thanks!
flamebabe9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2006, 12:20:59 am »

glad I could help
kinneer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2007, 09:48:16 am »

I am also having a similar except it only cancels interaction with the sims otherwise the sims is okay. She can interact with other sims and objects. Just that sims cannot interact with her directly, although I think bed interaction was okay. I am using Squinge's 12 family so removing that is not possible. I have another family with 12 sims and everyone there is fine.
LadyAzmodan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2007, 10:08:03 am »

i just got seasons, and for some reason i have the same problem.. but yea im gonna download the patches and try and clean out  my downloads. - if anyone figure out something absolutely birlliant. lemme know.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: