Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 03:05:35 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Power Girl Mesh/Skintone conflict problem  (Read 6396 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Nekota

View Profile
« on: March 20, 2007, 01:44:12 pm »

Hi all,

I wanted to post this and see if anyone had any ideas as to what's going on.  I was taking Warlokk's awesome Power Girl mesh and trying to add a few skintones.  I was following the skintone tutorial which really made everthing failrly simple.  I drew from both Inks71 dark skintone (absolutely gorgeous for my Indian style community) and the Garkman-Louis adaptations Dark, DarkTan, Tan, Medium, Lite, and Pale by Roofmonkey (very, very nice work!).  So now I have seven different skintones that all seem to work great . . .  except for one little problem . . .

When the girls wear jewelry, I get these blue squares instead.  Regardless of whether its an earring or a neclace or both, instead of the jewels, I get blue boxes (they appear to be 2-dimensional boxes) that hang from their ears (for earrings) and/or neck (for necklaces).  That seems to be the only issue.  All of the other "details" appear normal and in place.

The earrings and necklaces have worked on every other mesh I have ever used and I've never had this problem before.  So I don't know what's going on (and this has only happened with the Power Girl mess -- the other Warlokk meshs work fine).
RitoruBushi

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2007, 05:51:32 pm »

hm... I thought it was just me that this happened to. Only it happened to me with the Classic Pin-Up mesh on the elder. Her earrings are supposed to be these black Victorian beaded deal but they show up as flashing blue 2d squares near her head. though the necklace is fine. I thought it was just because I may have accidentally deleted the mesh for them, but I didn't.
Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2007, 07:01:40 pm »

Hmm no clue here... I haven't done anything with accessories or jewelry, although I don't see how a skintone/bodymesh could affect them, they have their own meshes and textures.  Something must be missing or damaged somewhere.

Be sure to stop by Warlokk's Tower Workshop to see what's new!
Need help with the Bodyshape Sets? Bodyshape How-To Tutorial
addant

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2007, 09:29:29 pm »

Yes , Happens in my game also even the swords , wings etc are not animating but the blue patch appears ....... BUT if THERE IS NO CHOICE THE SWORDS & WINGS HAVE TO GO & WARLOKK SKINS WILL PREVAIL  .......

WARLOKK IS THE BEST ...............

:party1:  NEVER stop enjoying life
RitoruBushi

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2007, 10:03:32 pm »

uh... yeah... anyways... Whatever the case is, once I find something doing that I just don't use that accessory with that bodyshape or any clothing associated with it. Sucks, but oh well. A bodyshape takes priority over an accessory. I either look for something else in my selection or try to find something at any of the abundantly free (and non-subscription requiring) and see if they have what I'm looking for. Though I think that you can easily spot what will and what won't work on a bodyshape by making the Sim in the bodyshop and adding on whatever there, save, and if in the thumbnail you see that there's a blue patch then you know there's gonna be a conflict. Just my 2 cents though. And I expect change back.
Gunny965

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2007, 11:29:25 pm »

This problem is unique to the "Pets" EP! It happens to all Sims, regardless of which skintone or meshes are used.  I've found that if you have the sim go to a mirror and "Change Appearance" when the popup menu comes up just click the check without changing anything and the accessories will be back to normal.  However, they can randomly start flaching blue again for no appearent reason.
Nekota

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2007, 06:10:53 pm »

It can't be unique to "Pets" EP4.

I don't have it.

I have TS2, EP1, EP2, EP3, and EP5.  No pets allowed.
jwilson5
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2007, 05:14:27 pm »

Perhaps its something carried over from Pets to the newer Seasons Expansion. Some things made in the older bodyshops do not fair very well in the last 2 expansion packs. And the Seasons bodyshop has to be the Pets bodyshop with upgrades (only way Maxis could go). Every time I load a new expansion pack I end up deleting something that use to work. I don't have Pets either.

I remember when I first loaded OFB, went into the neighborhood and everything that had to do with nightlife (buildings, content, design features, etc.) was flashing blue. By the time I got done messing with it and everything stop flashing blue I had lost 11 generations of sims (family trees all the way back to when sims2 first came out).

But before you go deleting stuff, update your graphics and sound drivers. Do not go to Microsoft for them, go directly to the manufacturer for the latest drivers. You should always do this before loading each expansion pack. It'll save you alot of problems.  Good luck.

"Pure art is not about the creator, its about the creation"
like_an_Angel

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2007, 06:12:05 am »

I was wondering where I may find the Dark skintones for Warlokk's Bodyshapes, anatomicly correct nudes like the lighter skintones he has released?:punch:
RitoruBushi

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2007, 05:01:46 pm »

like_an_Angel, that would most likely be at the adult site if there are any out there.
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2007, 01:34:52 pm »

If you get the blue boxes on places were the accesory was hanging your missing meshes most of the time.(or the link to the mesh)
9 out of 10 times i get it fixed by replacing it by a default maxis accesory(glasses) and then put the jewelery or wathever it was the sim was wearing back on.

No longer active
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: