Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 10:50:32 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Blinking / Shaking Nebiorhood  (Read 3432 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
simfan432

View Profile
« on: June 02, 2007, 01:09:19 pm »

Now all of a sudden when i load my neighborhood it just stays at the loading screen  and keeps on blinking. But when ti does load it goes to the hood view and keeps shaking. Whats going on?

:muahaha:~~Simfan~~
Mado

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2007, 01:29:17 am »

Mine does too Sad
I just have to navigate my way to the lot I want to play once the blinking slows down and live with it.

[COLOR=MediumTurquoise]
Nothing is a mistake. Everything is meant to be.[/COLOR]

:lurk: I like to lurk around the sims 2 boards, so if you see me on one, feel free to say hello! ~Mado.
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2007, 12:05:46 pm »

Is the shaking rapid or slow?  :scratch:

Slipperman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2007, 05:59:35 pm »

I have a similar problem with my base neighborhood (doesn't affect the NH's downtown/shopping/etc. districts), after having installed the H&M pack...

Tim (aka the Slipperman)

"Nobody wants to woohoo with me!" -Shandi Finnessey, on an episode of 'QuizNation USA'
jaccirocker
Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2007, 11:08:22 pm »

mine did that for the first time yesterday and I thought it was because I'd been messing with SIMPE, but then again I'm used to graphic problems, I have a nVidia graphics card ( yeah)
A'inah

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2007, 12:09:00 am »

Bump!

I'm having the same problem. The screen flickers off and on. I know it's not hacks because I took them out and the graphics still flickers off and on, in the neighborhood view, CAS, and playing a family. This is annoying and my computer is new. I never had this problem before the patch.

Here's my specs:
Intel Core 2 T77400 @ 2.16 GHz
2046 MB RAM
32-bit Vista Home Premium ((I hate Vista!!!!))
Nvidia T7900 GS
junkiebox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2007, 12:38:17 am »

it´s happening to me too. I blame nvidia...

They know my fears and cry in my tears
Through a face without an eye at all
gorgeous_sim

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2007, 07:13:24 am »

it happened to me as well for the very first time yesterday with a new neighborhood that my daughter plays with!!!
Apart 1 house & the only family of 3 (+ 2 pets) there's nothing else in that neighborhood...I've tried to load Veronaville & Plesantview, but they started shaking too!

I had to exit the game completely!!! When I loaded up the game again, I went in the new neighborhood & it was shaking again......so i deleted it completely....the shaking stopped & I played plesantview instead wihthout problems.....

I have an Nvidia graphic card & my computer runs xp....& I've installed the game from scratch (again) last week!!!

I'll load up the game again & see if I'll have the problem again & report....
PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2007, 08:57:46 am »

Did you all install the second Season's patch?  I keep reading horror stories about the second patch. Gonna give me nightmares just waiting for something bad to happen. lol

Maybe this will help if you all have nVidia cards. EA has a link to this on their main page, came out on July 10th for Nvidia cards, have you all installed the new drivers?
http://bbs.thesims2.ea.com/community/bbs/messages.php?threadID=06c442234ffa7adb4557aaac3804ab89&directoryID=21&startRow=1&openItemID=item.21,item.61,item.41,item.127,item.23#0f96f0db5a9a764180a58842a7683dea
« Last Edit: July 25, 2007, 09:01:48 am by PegasusDiana » Logged

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.
                                         -Luciano de Crescenzo
HannahBabiee
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2007, 09:00:10 am »

My House Keeps Goin Red?!
trl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2007, 10:40:17 am »

If you have an NVidia graphic card, read the post above. This new driver has fixed this issue for many. If you don't have an NVidia card update the drivers for the type of card you have. Smiley

gorgeous_sim

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2007, 12:55:42 pm »

it's getting worse for me!!!
My game load as usual, but after a little while that i'm lurking around in a neighborhood, my computer switches itself off!!!!

Is it my graphic card doing this? As i said earlier, I've got an Nvidia card...Geforce4 Ti 4600 to be exact.
Never had problems before....when seasons came out, my game was smooth & without problems at all......after 2/3 months, I don't recognise my game anymore!!
Spending more time trying to understand what's wrong than playing!!!!
It's driving me nuts!!!! (& believe me, I'm  already a crazy south Italian by nature!!!!!Don't need more problems!!!!)

What happened to seasons first patch? IfI'm not mistaken, I do think that my problems started when I patched it with the second one......maybe if I uninstall it & just re-patch it with the first one, it will work again as before....I wonder if I'll have more troubles if I don't patch it @ all!!!Does anyone knows where I can find the first patch? I'm pretty sure that sims.com has only the second patch in the patches section.......
« Last Edit: July 25, 2007, 01:38:59 pm by gorgeous_sim » Logged
miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2007, 10:50:59 am »

I didn't have problems at the 'hood screen, just in the houses... but I used the link and updated my drivers, with much hemming and hawing and friend holding my hand (and ready to whack me in the head, i'm sure), and all my problems are gone!

Time to jam another gig of stuff into my game.  It will probably develop gas.  Very bad gas.

Rose/Miros
Webmaster of the Wooden Simolean
Nita-Chan

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2007, 05:34:42 pm »

I'm having the saaaaame problem!  I didn't know there were so many other people with this sort of problem. o wo;;  However, I don't have a nVidia card.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: