Insimenator.org
April 26, 2024, 06:55:11 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Question about multiple players?  (Read 3072 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
FallenAngel86

View Profile
« on: June 04, 2007, 02:11:37 pm »

I was talking a friend of mine a few days ago. He is a sim addict like i am. He's got 3 children (2 in their early teens). Anyway, one of them would like to play the game too. The problem is, my friend has a lot of none PG13 content in the game. They only have 1 PC so hard to install another game just for his daughter to play. Would there be a way to either lock some of his neighborhoods so she wouldn't be able to access them, plus disable every none pg13 packages when she plays and automatically unlock them when he wants to play?

Don't anyone here have that problem? how do u resolve it?

Vote Ron Paul For President and save America and your Rights and Liberty RonPaul2008  
In 2008 make your vote count. Vote Ron Paul.
HOPE For America.  myspace-ronpaul
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2007, 02:52:56 pm »

He could set up a separate user account on the computer for the kids and set up the sims game for them on it. That way, he could password lock the account his game is on and not worry.

At least...I think that would work.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
KacoshiAjewl

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2007, 04:57:39 pm »

Ya i would I've done that for my dad >,> I have som questiable content that he would kill me if he found XD

"You told me today...that the demons are the good ones...then why do the angels try so hard to be good?"
"They say Angels are perfict...well I dont belive that Propganda spread by there leader the Dark witch..."
Sleepycat

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2007, 06:24:56 pm »

yes a separate user account on the computer would be the way to go, they won't share the same Downloads folder (or neighborhoods or anything) that way.

Crazy Town - home of my Sim stories & SC4 Terrains, Sims, hairy Skintones and some clothes & stuff.
Simbology
FallenAngel86

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2007, 08:34:05 pm »

oh i see, i think i understand. Would it be like put all the adult package in one folder and make it accessible to only him and block all other users, so when the sims loads it have access to that folder. Same things with the Neighborhood folder. I'm just hoping his sims were installed on an NTFS partition to create those security.

Vote Ron Paul For President and save America and your Rights and Liberty RonPaul2008  
Sleepycat

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2007, 08:18:49 am »

separate user accounts means they would have their own my documents folders for the game, thus their own Downloads folders.

easy to set up - start menu/control panel/user accounts

Crazy Town - home of my Sim stories & SC4 Terrains, Sims, hairy Skintones and some clothes & stuff.
Simbology
FallenAngel86

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2007, 09:12:23 am »

Kewl, I'll tell him when i see him tonite.

PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2007, 11:24:16 am »

He could also click on disable custom content when the game loads, or in the game settings, and set them up in another town thats what I did with my grand-daughter. It only allows her to play with Maxis stuff that way. Sometimes she makes it back to my other neighborhoods pushing on buttons but she still doesn't get custom content because I have it disabled.

Or he could also do like you suggested keep all adult content in one folder he puts back in the game before he plays. Or do the separate user accounts, never thought of that one thank you Cat Smiley
« Last Edit: June 05, 2007, 11:30:07 am by PegasusDiana » Logged

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.
                                         -Luciano de Crescenzo
Sleepycat

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2007, 03:23:26 pm »

before I got the computer I use now, I shared my other one with my daughter, having separate user accounts worked out great for us because we like different custom content and at first she was too young for some of my hacks. It also kept her out of my neighborhoods :toothy7:

Simbology
rebelmozzerella

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2007, 08:05:06 pm »

Quote from: KacoshiAjewl;759873
Ya i would I've done that for my dad >,> I have some questiable content that he would kill me if he found XD

I know!! My parents would freak out if they saw any of my custom content, which they don't know I download. *giggles evilly*

he's the sweat on my sheets (:
Vampyre

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2007, 01:18:52 pm »

Quote from: Sleepycat;761335
before I got the computer I use now, I shared my other one with my daughter, having separate user accounts worked out great for us because we like different custom content and at first she was too young for some of my hacks. It also kept her out of my neighborhoods :toothy7:

Good solution.

I would never have thought of this because we had two seperate computers when my daughter still lived at home.
DarkDude28
Resident Zombie

Sith chef and Naria's master.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2007, 01:49:40 pm »

Nah that works great it's what I do. I know that my parents would never play the Sims or anything like that, but it's great to know that they have an account and I have mine. That way I can download with no worries.

Looking for some well inked sims? Look no farther then June, Martha, Janet, Susan, Tamera, Cyndy, Ashton, Laken, Edwin, and Jake.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: