Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 09:16:00 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: What makes Sims reject hugs?  (Read 8623 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2007, 06:38:41 pm »

Perhaps using twojeffs ACR at MATY would help with the rejection.  You may need to fiddle with the relationships and maybe even gender preferences to get the rejection, but it's worth a shot.
melscape

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2007, 12:24:16 am »

No worries Sleepycat. I imagine most people are trying to get relationships up between two adults/teens and WANT Them to hug, but me, I want them to reject hugs. Bad things have happened to the people in my video putting them in a totally non-huggy mood.

I was about to start trying ways to make Sims "furious" at each other to get the hugs rejected but just feeling like they don't know the Sim seems to be working. I too thought mood would play a factor, so I went about trying to make sure a Sims social needs were completely met but that they had low energy/bladder/hunger and such. None of which really made my Sims nonhuggy. They just complained a bunch BEFORE accepting the hug anyway.  I remember in Sims 1 sims would max out social and totally get sick of people. They could be best friends but if you made them hug more than 3 times in a row they'd start rejecting them like "hello, you hug too much, you creep!" I don't see Sims 2 sims get tired of social that way. Which was convenient for gaming but not for storytelling/movie-making.

Anyway, I will look into the ACR, ancienthighway.  Thanks! ETA: I took a peek, but I'm not sure what effect  it'd have on parent or adult /child relationships.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2007, 12:30:15 am by melscape » Logged
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2007, 12:38:12 am »

Ah, missed the part about family members rejecting the hug.  I'm not sure if that's possible.  Family members will reject the family kiss if the relationship isn't high enough, but I've never seen the friendly hug rejected by family members.
Ellen Prochaska

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2007, 01:01:11 pm »

Here are some movie making hacks that might help:

http://www.jd-movies.com/moviemakinghelp.html

http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?search=movie+making&go=Go
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2007, 01:33:22 pm »

Yeah, if it's just for movie-making your best bet would be to just pose them as though they were hugging Smiley There's loads of movie-making hacks available, some of them are hosted here.

No requests please
DannyRock

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2007, 03:12:35 pm »

I haven't done any movie making yet but I suppose you could innitiate a hug by one sim and have the other sim walk away at the last possible second...  If timed right the sim doing the hugging will be standing there with his/her arms open while the other sim walks away.
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2007, 03:27:21 pm »

Not a bad idea, DannyRock.  Sims are a bit twitchy that way :lol:

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
DannyRock

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2007, 03:59:33 pm »

Quote from: beosboxboy;761339
Not a bad idea, DannyRock.  Sims are a bit twitchy that way :lol:

Yes they do get twitchy... I like to play with them that way... If I notice that the sim that I'm controlling at the time is being targeted by another sim, I'll move my sim somewhere else... The targeting sim reaches the spot where my sim was and stands there with a confused look on his or her face before going off to do something else... If timed right, the targeting sim should begin to go throught the motions of whatever it was going to do at the same time as the other sim begins to move away...
Ellen Prochaska

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2007, 07:09:32 pm »

I tried looking for these particular hacks but I couldn't find them but maybe someone else knows.  They are by Aikea Guinea ( I think the same person that made the wonderful bootcut pants meshes at TSR) and they look like the bella squared picture but with a different face.  Anyway if someone can find those hacks they work really really well.  I could see it looking really good for acting out a hug rejection.
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2007, 07:20:46 pm »

I could make a hack that makes sims reject hugs if you would like Smiley just let me know what EP's you have.

If you have a question about my mods post it here
melscape

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2007, 01:16:10 pm »

Ooo, that'd be cool! Thanks.

I have all of the Expansion Packs (University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets and Seasons.) I don't have any of the Stuff Packs, and I don't have that Holiday edition thing.

I never knew a rejected hug would be so hard to get Sims to do, so it'd be much appreciated.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: